This is a topic about the Magician spell, Fortress! - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

This is a topic about the Magician spell, Fortress!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: This is a topic about the Magician spell, Fortress! (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the Fortress spell a viable spell to use?

1. Yes, in PvP and PvE. (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. Yes, only in PvP. (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

3. Yes, only in PvE. (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

4. No, Fortress is not viable in either PvP or PvE. (15 votes [68.18%])

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kriptini

Kriptini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

Hi, Magicians!

On different sites I've viewed, I've seen some mixed views on the Fortress spell. (You know, the one that turns your head into a cannon and fires the spiky ball!)

I was just wondering what the people here thought of the spell. I don't PvP much, but I think it's a nice spell to add to my PvE combo.

EDIT: If you guys want to explain your reasoning, that'd be cool, too. :p_omg:

Edited by Kriptini, 03 September 2010 - 03:05 PM.

#2 Gangrian

Gangrian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

Hi, Magicians!

On different sites I've viewed, I've seen some mixed views on the Fortress spell. (You know, the one that turns your head into a cannon and fires the spiky ball!)

I was just wondering what the people here thought of the spell. I don't PvP much, but I think it's a nice spell to add to my PvE combo.

EDIT: If you guys want to explain your reasoning, that'd be cool, too. :p_omg:

Fortress is a crappy skill. It's the passive that you want. But if you are not PvPing, then don't even both with the skill as it's returns do not merit spending that many skill points.

#3 Kriptini

Kriptini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

Fortress is a crappy skill. It's the passive that you want. But if you are not PvPing, then don't even both with the skill as it's returns do not merit spending that many skill points.

How viable is Fortress with full skill points with all of its passive upgrades?

#4 Gangrian

Gangrian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

How viable is Fortress with full skill points with all of its passive upgrades?

Not very. You are wasting skill points if you actually invest in that skill. Unless of course you have every other skill maxed and just wasting time.

#5 xandiel

xandiel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

fortress is only really useful in PVE against field/hidden map bosses for the -HP% debuff.

regarding PVP we need to recognise that all players recieve 4x the amount of HP per point of HLT, and that +HP% buffs add of ones base HP and consequentially that -HP% debuffs remove off ones base HP. therefore the -HP% reduction in pvp is ~1/4 of the stated value effectively.

#6 iKimiko

iKimiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIn a Hole
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern duh~

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, fortress skill isn't very useful in PvP, waste of skill points. PvE otherwise, it's ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users