Failed to get "2011_4_xdata.gpf" - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Failed to get "2011_4_xdata.gpf"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LightFollow1

LightFollow1

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPeru
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:None >.<

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Hi everyone.
I am here seeking for you aid. I recently downloaded Ragnarok Online for the first time, and those "Failed to get" errors just don´t stop appearing, they are different numbers each time btw.
Already followed the XVI32 stuff (not sure if doing it ok); please, I need your help ASAP, because got little free time...
Once again, thanks.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

Hi everyone.
I am here seeking for you aid. I recently downloaded Ragnarok Online for the first time, and those "Failed to get" errors just don´t stop appearing, they are different numbers each time btw.
Already followed the XVI32 stuff (not sure if doing it ok); please, I need your help ASAP, because got little free time...
Once again, thanks.

Editing patch.inf via XVI32 will not help if it always shows the same patch. Is that correct, you "failed to get " the same file every time?

The fix involving editing patch.inf only for people who fail on a random patch (the idea being to "lock in" the progress you've made). I believe I made that very clear in the description of the technique.

If you are always erroring on the first patch (the april 2011 one), the problem is that internet explorer is blocked from connecting via FTP.

Open IE and go to ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com - If this doesn't connect, that confirms that this is your problem.
Test if that URL works in other browsers (I prefer Chrome for this test, as I've seen Firefox inherit bad settings from IE) - if you can connect to ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com with other browsers, you just need to dig through your IE settings and figure out why ftp isn't working on IE.
If it doesn't, you'll need some additional effort to nail down where the problem is:
* Are you on a mobile broadband (3G/cell-phone-data-plan-style) connection? At least one provider blocks all FTP connections (!!)
* Try viewing ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com in the browser from a different computer using the same internet connection. If it works there, you should suspect third party firewall software on the computer it's not working on. If it doesn't work from any computer using that internet connection, it's probably blocked by your ISP.

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 November 2011 - 09:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users