Why gravity? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Why gravity?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#26 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

The only issue I have is that the last couple of months, pretty much every week is a "new fun gear" week, and that just gets very old for both KP buyers and non-buyers.
I get they need money to keep the iRO servers up.
I get they need money to keep their other games up.
I don't like feeling like I'm being completly milked to the point that I pay money one week just to have another item slightly more attractive being added the week after.
(for example that is exactly what happend with the Abysmal Knight hats, they were in one week when they were pretty much deemed worthless by large part of the community because GMs added Cat Ear Berrets to the Kafra Shop, on top of that weeks after that even more AK hats were added in boxes so the market became flooded with them)

#27 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

The MVP gravestones were free.

Every one of these holiday / event quests is free.

You can even turn in some junk items for Kafra Shop items now.

Also, they're working on a way to allow gear we already have to be costume items.

I don't really think the whole costume tab is really all that amazing or important. If people want to spend some money and look cute, cool, but it's not for me.

One of the benefits of being a Peco class was just that... You got a Peco. I was rather scared when they put them in, but I'm glad they cost some KP. It should, for classes that weren't designed to have mounts in the first place.

You don't have to pay to upgrade your gears, you pay for a better chance at it.

Virtually /nothing/ in the Cash Shop you HAVE to buy with KP. Work in the game and get some zeny and you can buy all the cash items you want off of other people.

I could go on.

Welcome to the fake promises from GM's if they cant even fix BG bugs, you think they will do something with costume tab? They are incompetent, sadly i learned that in my 3 years playing RO.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

People want more and more of them, yet they aren't willing to pay for it.

They're a business, and they're offering you a service that can be free if you want it to be. Call it a free trial if you want, but in the end you're going to end up paying for every form of entertainment one way or another.

I don't really understand how this is any different.

People want to pay for a game that is worth paying for. :P it up with imbalanced kafra crap is not a game worth paying for.

The MVP gravestones were free.

Every one of these holiday / event quests is free.

You can even turn in some junk items for Kafra Shop items now.

Also, they're working on a way to allow gear we already have to be costume items.

I don't really think the whole costume tab is really all that amazing or important. If people want to spend some money and look cute, cool, but it's not for me.

One of the benefits of being a Peco class was just that... You got a Peco. I was rather scared when they put them in, but I'm glad they cost some KP. It should, for classes that weren't designed to have mounts in the first place.

You don't have to pay to upgrade your gears, you pay for a better chance at it.

Virtually /nothing/ in the Cash Shop you HAVE to buy with KP. Work in the game and get some zeny and you can buy all the cash items you want off of other people.

I could go on.

People want to pay for a game that is worth paying for. Maybe with the amount we spend on RO they could afford staff instead of brown-nosed volunteers.

Please point me to a game that doesn't have superior items and services in their cash shop.

If they weren't better than what you can find in-game... Why would anyone buy them?

People want to pay for a game that is worth paying for. RO shouldn't be like one of those crappy free to play games which require a lot of cash. People don't get engaged in those to the same degree.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not saying that those that are paying are better off than those that aren't, but really... You come into a game run by a business and don't expect to pay for the entertainment?

People want to pay for a game that is worth paying for. :D it up with imbalanced kafra crap is not a game worth paying for. If people actually had stuff to play for, which is slowly improving but at the same time they are slowly crippling the way in which zeny changes hands between players by intervening via the cash shop, meaning that pay2win is the most effective method.

What exactly are we paying for again? For it to take 2 over two weeks to put up sakray after they should have had it working before announcing it? For them to target a disposable income audience with a gaming addiction and turn it into a cash gambling addiction? Deny that all you like, but look around? WHERE ARE THE NEW PLAYERS? They're targetting the old audience.

Frankly, I don't know why the GMs put faith in people that nod and smile to every single little thing they do, when it's not always wise on their part. They need people to be disagreeable with them when they're discussing their future ideas so that all avenues are explored. And frankly reading your blind defence of all the things that they've been doing makes me sick.

#29 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

First of all, why are you drawing the conclusion that I'm brown nosing because I have a different opinion than that of you and the OP?

If it's not worth paying for, then don't pay for it. I've yet to see any major upheavel in gameplay due to any of these equips. Only thing I really don't like are the Certs, and I can't give a good opinion on those as taking them out is definitely in my best interest.

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

First of all, why are you drawing the conclusion that I'm brown nosing because I have a different opinion than that of you and the OP?

If it's not worth paying for, then don't pay for it. I've yet to see any major upheavel in gameplay due to any of these equips. Only thing I really don't like are the Certs, and I can't give a good opinion on those as taking them out is definitely in my best interest.

I didn't mention you by name. Please don't put words in my mouth.

It doesn't require one major upheaval, it takes small changes over time to change things and before you know it... BAM. Accepting items better in kafra shop than gameplay leads to more and more and more.

Did you think KVM badges in kafra shop was a good idea?

EVERYONE wants good items, strong characters. We all want free better-than-valk-shields. KVM weapons, +9 gears, god items and mvp cards. EVERYONE wants those, but should everyone have them? In the sanity of game balance. NO.

Certs work against you? Yes. Does this mean they're not terrible because you're trying to not be biased? No.
Matter of fact, certs hurt mid level players who could profit off you via upgrades. Or low level players trying to break into the zeny market and siphon zeny from players like you. In that respect, you could argue that it benefits you, since people like you don't have to buy your own upgrades, but can also use certs. This means you have more gear to sell, and no need to buy from those willing to gamble.

#31 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

Hmmm is seems to be that some people fail to realize, that RO fails into the realm of other pointless
consumables such as:

-Alcohol
-Cigarettes
-Movies
-Cable Television

Humans place a huge value on being entertained. The value of entertainment I receive from RO is actually
a much better deal.

So, say for $20 I can get:
-A bottle of a tequila (my favorite) for about 3 hours of entertainment
-A movie for me and a friend with no snacks which averages about 2 hour of entertainment
-2000WP which will generally last me about 3-4 weeks.

Yes, many people like the guild wars payment model but it comes with its own set of pros and cons.
-Guild wars has many people that dabble in it but few people that consider it their main game.
-Signifigantly less income for updates, server expansions.
-Higher upfront cost.

Ultimately, it's your money and if you purchase things and did not like the value you received,
why continue to give that business your money? Just because GMs create some obviously money grubbing event
don't be gullible and rush to empty your wallets. Just like you don't have to upgrade to the newest iphone,
get this year's car model, or shop at an expensive department store when walmart is on the same block. If you are addicted,decide to get help, no one else can do that for you.

I know some may find Ralis' points pretentious but it doesn't change the truth of his statements.
RO has been hit hard by the double edged sword of progress. But I like things as they are now as compared to last
year when on a good day players numbers were 100-300 on paid servers.

#32 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

The main issue I have about the kafra shop, is that there is no supply/demand balance. Whenever they implement a new hat, they should wait years before adding them again, like they did with spare cards. This is because if they make them super easy to get, eventually everyone will have one, and no-one will buy them anymore. There's not enough new players coming in to increase the demand of items, yet there's an infinite supply of certain ones.

It used to be that people could buy some items that came from lucky boxes, and make a profit later on by waiting (old and new players). Now all the people who didn't manage to get or buy one have to do, is wait a few months till they add them in the kafra shop again. I'm going to take rideword hats as an example. Everyone wanted them in the shop, because they didn't have one, or couldn't afford one when they came out last time, or just didn't want to cough up 600m-1bil+ (valk). Now they can get one a lot easier, cheaper, and it greatly lowers the value of the ones that already existed. Eventually when everyone who wanted one has one, they'll be worthless to sell.

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

I dont think I saw anyone deny that gravity needs money, it's pretty offensive to read all these posts (including a mod) enforcing that point, even though everyone knows grav need money.

There's a difference between then needing to make a profit and systematically disassembling every ingame mechanic and putting it into the kafra shop so they can milk the players.

Because it ruins the game for those with the self control to not spend excessively on kafra shop.

competative players are forced to uses it to compete. They work hard to be best, and keep working on it, but the ingame mechanics are being destroyed.

#34 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

I dont think I saw anyone deny that gravity needs money, it's pretty offensive to read all these posts (including a mod) enforcing that point, even though everyone knows grav need money.

There's a difference between then needing to make a profit and systematically disassembling every ingame mechanic and putting it into the kafra shop so they can milk the players.

Because it ruins the game for those with the self control to not spend excessively on kafra shop.

competative players are forced to uses it to compete. They work hard to be best, and keep working on it, but the ingame mechanics are being destroyed.

Pretty much

#35 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that people used to stock up on gears to over-upgrade. Now there's no longer a reason to stock up on gears that much, since nothing ever breaks anymore, thus lowering demand for everything. It used to take well over 10 items of one kind to make a +7, since usually the rest broke, unless if you were lucky. Now you can +7 1 single item safely, and 10x cheaper (zeny-wise).

The only role luck plays now is "how much WPE will you end up spending to get the + you want". The cheaper in WPE (amount of enriched/hd elus) you get the plus you want in, the luckier you are. Another bad part about the kafra shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users