Failed to Get 2011 different file - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Failed to Get 2011 different file

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jaliboy

Jaliboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 645 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

So I downloaded RO, and installed it. It does patch, but after so long, it says "Failed to Get 2011 etc."

I repeat the patch, and while patching, it says "Failed to Get 2011 etc." (different file this time)

Is this a matter of internet issue? And how come the patch doesn't "save the files" I just patched? This just makes it forever fail patch.

Please help!

By the way, I'm running on Windows 7 :P

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

This is because your connection is unstable, and is occasionally dropping the FTP connection.

Due to world-class stupidity on the part of the developers, even though it is saving and applying the patches successfully, the game does not record the progress until it's completed every patch, but it deletes patches as it applies them. Once you get through the process once you'll be fine - it'll fail occasionally, but you can just restart and it'll redo that few patches. The problem is just getting it through the initial batch of patches.

You have three options:
* Keep trying until it eventually goes through.
* Get a fully patched copy from someone (you can just copy the whole RO folder, move it to a new machine via a thumbdrive or something, and it'll work).
* Do this annoying hackjob: http://forums.warppo...in-new-install/ (note, if you're on vista/7, this will not work if RO is installed inside program files)

Edited by DrAzzy, 24 November 2011 - 11:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users