Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:37 AM

I hope you like it o;

Edited by Okii, 25 November 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#3 Speakers

Speakers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • LocationSpeaker World
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Speaker

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:44 AM

guide me i dont know how to play 1st need to download :P

#4 Speakers

Speakers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • LocationSpeaker World

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:46 AM

what class is the best and what is the max lvl in the game? :P

#5 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:56 AM

Oh man you don't want to ask that question... this topic will turn into a sura/gen flame war.

Just pick whichever class looks the most fun for your style of gameplay, look up some youtube videos of the classes you think you'll like, and check out irowiki.org for some guides on builds and lots of other things. They also have a database there that is awesome :P

I wouldn't suggest playing a class that does not have a second or third third class as your first character. Like ninjas, gunslingers, taekwon, soul linkers. Making a merchant going blacksmith is a good call for a starting class though cause you can make good zeny from greed later on and your discount/overcharge skills.

Edited by Okii, 25 November 2011 - 05:57 AM.

#6 Speakers

Speakers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • LocationSpeaker World

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

k and what server

#7 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:01 AM

http://forums.warppo...__1#entry648828

Some people recommend starting on Valkyrie and moving to Ymir, but really it doesn't matter.
In the end it's your choice and you'll make friends no matter which server you go to.

#8 Macromega40

Macromega40

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationMexico City
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

what class is the best and what is the max lvl in the game? :P

Max lvl 150 base, for job, well the 3rd class have a max of 50, but, you have the skills of the class that you come from, so the max number of skills points is 168.

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Make a Sura or Genetic. Lol jk....

Play any class you want and enjoy.

#10 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

Suraaaaaaaaaa can MVP pvp woe tank the god of all gods

#11 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

Come to Yggdrasil we have cake and its still kinda young somewhat enjoy. <_<

#12 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

I tried Ygg and Valk before coming to Ymir.

Pretty good choice so far, I recommend you that. <:

Also: Sura.

The Monk class is my favorite for starting up, because of its self-buffs, Heal, and a way to recover SP on your own (Absorb). Decent flee, and combos are fun to pull out.

Edited by Mowi, 25 November 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#13 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

While the game has it's ups and downs for each class, really someone cant point you in the right direction of what you should be.

Trial and error are best as to figuring out what you like to do in game.

Heal, Tank, Melee or Cast. It's entirely up to you.

I welcome you to Ragnarok and hope your stay will be as nice as mine has been.

#14 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1246 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

Don't get addicted.

#15 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

make a swordman and then a RG, we got a badass looking Gryphon!

#16 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

Pick a class you'll have fun with. :> You can have a ton of different builds for a certain class, and that's always fun. Personally, I say go Priest; in my personal experience of playing it, I hardly needed any potions, and that saved me money to use on my Assassin, and it was really fun ( if you look up builds, i went magnus exorcismus for mine, so much fun, imo ).

Try not to get too addicted to spending a ton of cash for stuff. @__@

Welcome to RO! If you end up playing on Ymir, I'd be happy to help you. :>

#17 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

Hi there.

#18 tintinnabule

tintinnabule

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

I think if you want to be in demand, priest for sure, also tank classes, and strong aoe. I thin they can all be fun though, I enjoy every one. I even made a crusader lately which I thought would be boring....but I looooove it! I'll probably make everything someday /crazy

#19 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

http://forums.warppo...__1#entry648828

Some people recommend starting on Valkyrie and moving to Ymir, but really it doesn't matter.
In the end it's your choice and you'll make friends no matter which server you go to.

Did you just reference a link in which in that thread you reference the actual thread discussion about the servers... Yes, yes you did. <_<

Edited by Beyond, 25 November 2011 - 05:39 PM.

#20 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

before you start a build from irowiki, ask about them because MANY are out of date and pertain to pre renewal mechanics.
Sura is beastly and some would argue broken
don't play the expansion classes as your first class
don't make a battle priest
everything else is good, I heard the thief classes and rangers are terrible in woe or pvp, should verify

#21 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

If you tell us which kind of playing style you prefer (Melee, Ranged, Support, Magic, etc), we can give you a better advice on your first Character :3

But since I know it's a bit confusing, I'll give you a short summary of the Classes.

Everyone starts out as a Novice (Max Job Lv 10, only has one skillable Skill though ;D)

From there on you can choose between one of the 6 normal first Jobs:
Archer
Acolyte
Mage
Merchant
Swordman
Thief
An special "First Job" Called Taekwon Kid (Taekwon Boy/Girl, depends on your gender, both cls are the same though)
One of two extended Classes, Ninja and Gunslinger
Super Novice - which needs you to go for Base 45 first.

Archer
They are normally fighting with bows. Bow Attack gets increased by your dex, so don't make the mistake and stat Strengh.
When Archer reaches Job Lv 40-50 (I reccomend 50), you can choose between two second Jobs.
The 2-1 Job (Fist of the Second Job) would be Hunter, the 2-2 (Second of the Second Job) would be "Performer", meaning Barde (male) or Dancer (female).
Additionally to their normal Bow Skills, Hunter become a Falcon on their side and get Traps. When you reach Lv 99/50 you can Rebirth (won't explain the full process) and become a Sniper. Again you get your Falcon, Trapskills and new Bow Skills. With 99/70 you can change to your 3rd Job, Ranger. You will now loose your Falcon, but you can get a Warg (Wolf) instead, which has more usage (for example riding it) than the Falcon head.
A Performer not only gains two new weapon types to choose from (Instruments for Barde, Whips for Dancer), but they also go slightly in another direction: Support.
Barde and Dancer have different Skills and Combo Skills for bigger Support basically. Barde has songs, Dancer has dances. After hitting 99/50 and Rebirth, they become Minstrel (male) and Gypsy (female), new skills again, still same basic (either attacking with bow OR instrument/whip, or supporting). Finally, their 3rd Jobs are Maestro (male) and Wanderer (female). They get new dances/songs now and for once they're primary the same x3

Acolyte
The Main Support/Heal Class of the game. Acolyte mainly has buffs and Heal. You can play them on different ways though. 2-1 Job of Acolyte is Priest, 2-2 Job is Monk.
Priest is the Main Support/Heal Build here, having stronger buffs basically. You could also go out and make a Battle Priest, going for Melee, or become a "ME" Priest - mainly focused on the Magic Attack "Magnus Exorcismus", which only hurts undead and demon monsters though. All three ways (Full Support, Battle and ME) can go on with the following groth of Jobs. The Transcending Job (after hitting 99/50 and rebirth) of Priest is the High Priest. After hitting 99/70, you'll become an Arc Bishop.
Monks though are mainly fighters and if you wanna make a Support Monk, you most probably won't compete with Priest Classes till you reach 3rd Job (and still it would be a different kind of Support). They fight with Maces or Fists. You can either go the "Combo" way of Melee, or the "Asura" type which concentrates on MvP, but I won't do this before Transcending or reaching 3rd Job personally... You could also become an awesome tank with the Skill "Mental Strengh". The Trans Job of Monk is the Champion, the 3rd Job is Sura (or Shura).

Mage
As the name suggests, the main Magic Class ingame.
Mages are simply that, Mages. They can choose between the elemental Magic of Water, Fire, Wind and Ghost. They have mainly Single Targeted Magic. Mages 2-1 Class is Wizard, 2-2 is Sage.
Wizard concentrates on Magically Attacking. They become AoE elemantals attack, primary Water, Fire, Wind and Earth now instead of Ghost. After Rebirth they'll become High Wizard and as 3rd Job Warlock. Warlock still concentrates on AoE Magic, but also gains a buff on Ghost Magic again. They also can reach one big Single Target Spell that hits in all 4 elements called Tetra Vortex (this skill isn't a must though!) and, again, gain new Water, Fire, Wind and Earth elemental attacks ;3
Sages are normally more the Supporting type, but of course you can also fight with them, supporting also really starts after Rebirth, too. They can also equip Books for leveling. Instead of new Magic Attacks (besides earth!), they gain the possibility to go kinda Melee with Autocast, which casts Magic while normally attacking a monster, but also gain Ground Supporting Magic, mainly Elemental Fields and a field that doesn't allow Ground-Targeted AoE. They also can change the element of a weapon. There Trans Job is called Scholar. Now they become a very important Support Skill, that allows them to refresh the SP of a Party Member in exchange for their own - but they can refill their own SP to in exchange for their HP. As 3rd Job they become Sorcerer. Finally they're blessed with AoE Magic and they can summon Elemental Spirits to help them fighting.

Merchant
Next to Super Novice (will explain later), they're the only class who can put a Shop ingame to sell stuff to other players.
They also can buy cheaper from NPC's and sell more expensive to them as well. These three skills (Vending, Discount and Overcharge) more or less makes them a must for every player in the long run. The 2-1 Job is Blacksmith, the 2-2 Job is Alchemist.
Blacksmith has two possibilities. Either you forge Weapons, or you go out and fighting Monsters with Melee Attacks. Honestly, don't think on making Weapons. It's expensive and unless you're able to hit the Top 10 Ranking (which will get REALLY expensive) - you won't earn anything in return. I reccommend to concentrate on Fighting ;D As weapons you can choose between Maces and Axes. You can also fight with one-hand Swords and Daggers, but you might prefer the other two since the Blacksmith Skills relating on them. Trans Job is Mastersmith, which can get expensive if you use the Skills which do high damage but costs zeny. You can avoid them though if you're leveling a bit slower (my reccomendation, but I guess everyone sees that differently ^^). As 3rd Job you become a Mechanic. Stronger Attack Skills, you can built turrets (either a magic one or a ranged type one) or you concentrate on your own Fighting Suit called Mado (ever seen any Anime's with giant Robots? <_< Basically the same... just not that giant XD).
Alchemists can also create something, but in contrary to Blacksmith, they create Potions. Again, I wouldn't go out to make a pure Potting Alchemist, since there's an Alchemist Ranking too and it's harder to level. Not so much expansive maybe because you can farm the items yourself and use the potions yourself, too, but... I would go to the faster, Melee typing way ;D Alchemists also gets a Homunculus, a little creature that helps you fighting. This can be either a Filir (Agi Melee), Amistr (Vit Tank), Vanilmirth (Mage type) or Lif (Support Type). Both have 2 different looks and can envolve to a stronger, bigger version. You can also give them a unique name :3
Homunculus gain EXP as well and Level Up with you. If you attack alone (without your Homunculus), you get full exp. If your Homunculus kills alone, you get half of the Base EXP, but no Job EXP. Fighting together on a monster, EXP will get split like between two players.
Next to the Homunculi, as an Alchemist you can use special potions for fighting as well, you can throw acid on a monster for example, a Molotov -_-tail or you can summon Plant Monsters as your slaves. You can also Throw Healing Potions for bigger effect - and to heal other players, incl your Homunculus ;3
The Rebirth Job of Alchemist is the Biochemist. Mainly they combine Acid with Molotov -_-tail for their strongest attack and can create some Mushrooms for resurces as well ^^ The 3rd Job is the Genetic. Now they gain some better fighting abilities, but also more skills and stuff to create and throw on enemies :unsure:
There are 5 new Homunculus (which requires any of the 4 old ones on max lv, max loyality (you have to feed them to get loyal) and evolved), which will keep the skills of the old ones, too. They're called Sera, Eleanor, Dieter, Bayeri and Eira. I won't explain them more detailed, because we don't have them on the servers yet. They'll come in the future though ^^

Swordman
The classic Fighter, there's not really something to say about it ^^ Fighting with Swords and Spears, both one- and two-handed. 2-1 Job is Knight, 2-2 Job is Crusader.
Knight is the class more relaying on attacking, but can also mob and tank. They'll get a PecoPeco (an Ostich/Chocobo like yellow Bird) as a Mount. They have skills for both, attacking with Swords and Spears. Rebirth Job is Lord Knight, 3rd Job is Rune Knight. As Rune Knight you'll loose your Peco but gain a Dragon instead, which is able to attack as well (on command only via Skills though). Rune Knight gets Runes to buff himself and mixes a bit Magic into their attack - which gives them new Attack Skills basically, but won't do any magic tricks - it's just the "Story" of them.
Crusader is the class more relaying on tanking, but can also attack of course. They are holy warriors, which also have some holy magic attack, but I don't think it's very rentable to go this way. Like Knight, they'll ride a Peco, but with a slightly different look armor wise. They also have a skill, which allows them to "Protect" Party Members from Damage (getting the whole damage theirselfs). Their Rebirth Job is Paladin, which can also attack with their Shields with several Skills. Their 3rd Job is Royal Guard. They also loose their Peco but getting a Griffin instead.

Thief
Thiefs attack mainly with Daggers. They can hide, steal and poison. Their 2-1 Job is Assassin, their 2-2 Job is Rogue.
Assassins are a class who concentrates on attacking with two weapons. These can either be two daggers or a Katar (which is one weapon but using both hands seperatly). They have a very high ability for critical damage, and they can poison a weapon. As Rebirth Job they become an Assassin Cross, which also has a bit magic within the new skills (can be ignored though) and can use deadly poison for buffing themselfs, too. 3rd Job is Guillotine Cross. They have new poisons and new attacks.
Rogues are more concentrated about stealing instead of poison. They can either fight with a Dagger or with Bows (Thiefs can equip Bows, too, but Assassins can't, so I brought it up here). Bows, again, relate on Dex instead of Str. The primary abbility of Rogues is to steal a Skill from a Monster or Player as soon as it damages the Rogue. They can't keep the skill yet though, and it will be replaced as soon as they're damaged by another copyable skill. They can also steal automaticly if they're attacking with a dagger, which makes them a good class to hunt items. The Rebirth Job is the Stalker. Stalker can remember the copied skill now, protecting it from overwriting against their will. The 3rd Job is Shadow Chaser. Again, Stealing Skills get improved, they now can copy 2 skills and autocast one of them while attacking. They also have great PvP and WoE abilities with, basically, drawing skills... More the Graffiti type of drawing ;D

Taekwon Kid
Taekwon Kid is a first Job like the other 6 and has 2 different second Jobs, but they can't rebirth and can't get over Base Lv 99 yet.
Taekwon Kids fight with their feet, and therefore can't equip a weapon. Their skills are mostly kicks. They also have a skill that endows their attacks with most kinds of Elements (Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, Holy, Shadow, Ghost). Thus, Taekwon Cls are the only one who can attack with every Element without a special weapon, except for the elements poison (can be gained through Assassins though) and Undead (pretty useless Element for attacking ;D).
The 2-1 Class is Taekwon Master, the 2-2 Class is Soul Linker.
Taekwon Master improving the Melee Kick Attacks. They can Equip Book Weapons now and they can bound themselfs to certain maps - which got pretty useless, after "Renewal" - a system that renewed Ragnarok's Basic System a year ago. Still they're the still mainly Melee Fighters.
Soul Linker loose all Kick abilities previously learned, so if you go that way, you better only learn the other skills ;D
They can equip Magic Wands, Dagger and... maybe Books? Not sure about this! They can played either as Melee kind, or Magic Attacking kind. Either way, Soul Linker have strong, player-class concentrated Buffs and two different kinds of Magic: Ka-Magic which is supportive but can only casted on yourself, except the other player is a Soul Linker or belongs to your family (husband, wife or kid) or you're under the blessing of the Soul Linker Buff from another Soul Linker :(
Es-Magic is debuffing and attacking Magic.

Ninja
Ninja don't have a second Job. You change from Novice to Ninja and stay this untill 99/50.
Therefore, Ninjas have 70 Job Level instead of 50.
They can either Melee, Ranged or Magic Fighters. As Magic, they have three elements to choose from (Fire, Water, Wind). Ranged throws Kunais or Shuriken, this time the damage comes from Strengh though! Melee just... uses normal attacks and some buffing skills. Best way would be throwing Kunais or Magic though ;3
There's an update coming to Ninjas, allowing them to change their class and get Level 150/50, too. The new Class is called Kagerou (male) or Oboro (female). Both are very strong classes in the end, as long as they won't get nerfed to balance them XD
Basically they have exploding Kunais and new Magic abilities... :3
The Update is pretty new in Korea (RO is a korean game, so the korean server gets every major update first), so I can't give much details from experience here.

Gunslinger
Gunslinger are like Ninjas in not having a secon Job, not being able to Rebirth and therefore having 70 Job Levels.
They're ranged fighters, again the damage is based on your dex.
They fight with Guns (2 at the same time), Gatling Guns, Shot Guns, Revolver or Granade Launchers. Gatling and Granade (I think Shotgun too) are based on Skills though.
They're fun and strong fighers, but can't go any further than Base Lv 99 yet. Since Ninja Update gots finnished though, they're the next in line ^^

Super Novice
The last one :P
Instead of every other Class, which changes from Novice after hitting Job 10, Super Novices change from Novices that reached Base Lv 45. They have most of the basic first Job Skills (Archer, Acolyte, Mage, Merchant, Swordman, Thief) and therefore can be melee or magic. They can't equip bows!
As such, Super Novices ALSO can learn Vending, Overcharge and Discount and can be a replacement for Merchant Cls.
They're however harder to level, since they have a very low amount of HP and SP, and are very reduced in their equipment. Super Novices are a Fun Class. You either have fun leveling with them - or the class is nothing for you. They can reach Job Lv 99 though ;3
After hitting 99/99, they can do a quest to level further to 150/50 and get new skills from the second Jobs, but only a few ones (and not always the best ones, too...)
Still, extremly hard to level in the end and weak - but fun for some people and very cute :3

This isn't a detailed information, just the mere basics. Getting more detailed would just be too much... (took me 1:30h to write this x_x time passes so fast <.<)

#22 Speakers

Speakers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • LocationSpeaker World

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

oh wow ty all <_<

#23 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

heya i am downloading ragnarok <_< more 1 hour to wait for to download setup XD

Welcome to iRO.

#24 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

Did you just reference a link in which in that thread you reference the actual thread discussion about the servers... Yes, yes you did. <_<

skills lol xD

#25 Speakers

Speakers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • LocationSpeaker World

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

its updating now <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic