I tested Hammer spamming...What the hell beats it? - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

I tested Hammer spamming...What the hell beats it?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MrPostman

MrPostman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

At what level and what combo can u ever beat hammer spamming? cuz i can plow like 200 enemies lined up in secs. it takes me like 30 sec in mobs without it. What beats hammer spamming because i'd really really like to know. THANK!

#2 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

almost any 2nd job combo weather you are a gladiator or knight lol

#3 MrPostman

MrPostman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

almost any 2nd job combo weather you are a gladiator or knight lol

Ehh? hit them and keep them down all day and do mad damage AOE. What combo beats the simplicity and damage of that?

#4 chuongli

chuongli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Server:Stopped

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

you might as well not job change your char until 40 if your just going to hammer spam

#5 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

I made a thread previously asking for a build, but I definitely know what I'm talking about!

Judging from your previous thread, I'm guessing you're level 25. By that time, I'm pretty sure you'll have level 2 Spear Jab.
Sure, hammers can work if you never want to improve in the game (EVER), and most people still use the basic hammer to stun/fill in combos in PvE.
But if you're in a party, hammer spam is nothing but a gigantic hassle to everyone else.

so basically, stop sucking and use Storm Blade and Spear Jab as your main killing implements.

#6 MrPostman

MrPostman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

you might as well not job change your char until 40 if your just going to hammer spam

okay thanks for the answer rofl. im ASKING what level and what combo do you use that beats hammer spamming. Thats all, cuz i dont have that just curious when i can look forward to doing combos that are as fast as hammers. atm nothing in knight section has it but im only level 24 atm.

#7 MrPostman

MrPostman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

Judging from your previous thread, I'm guessing you're level 25. By that time, I'm pretty sure you'll have level 2 Spear Jab.
Sure, hammers can work if you never want to improve in the game (EVER), and most people still use the basic hammer to stun/fill in combos in PvE.
But if you're in a party, hammer spam is nothing but a gigantic hassle to everyone else.

so basically, stop sucking and use Storm Blade and Spear Jab as your main killing implements.

Btw I completely agree about skill because with the current build i have which you've seen i have alot of skills that work very well togeter. atm im 15 - 0 in pvp <_< Only thing i wanna know is what level and what combo that u use that is faster killer aoe than hammers?

#8 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

whatever level you get stormblade at

#9 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

Btw I completely agree about skill because with the current build i have which you've seen i have alot of skills that work very well togeter. atm im 15 - 0 in pvp <_< Only thing i wanna know is what level and what combo that u use that is faster killer aoe than hammers?

I just told you.

use Storm Blade and Spear Jab as your main killing implements.

#10 MrPostman

MrPostman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

I just told you.

Oh okay, Stormblade is good but not great aoe good. Broomstab idk cuz i dont have it yet. I was thinking bear spin and stormblade...

#11 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Oh okay, Stormblade is good but not great aoe good.

You're kidding.

#12 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Oh okay, Stormblade is good but not great aoe good. Broomstab idk cuz i dont have it yet. I was thinking bear spin and stormblade...

Honey what kind of cocaine are you on? Smackdown=> storm blade is way better at mob clearing (unless you have sb at level 1 ) and spear jab is way better than hammer spam.

#13 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

Spear Jab
Spin it Bear
Storm Blade

These are far superior to hammer skills and combo much more functionally than they would. They're more complex combos, of course, but this is part of learning to play the game. Hammer spam falls very short very quickly once you enter the broader depth of skill functions as you job advance. Later on you'll have skills like Cross Cut, Mega Storm Blade, and Chain Shield to add onto this.

For clarification, the amount of damage Stun Hammer can generate along with the way it's casted makes for a lacking DPS when compared to the higher level skills. True, it can hit a range of enemies, but any other skill can as well. Storm Blade is also great for AoE damage, but I'm assuming due to low level the only experience you have with launching is the skill Launch. Once you get the more complex launches like Spin it Bear, Pressure, and Shoulder Tackle you'll soon see how it functions to take out groups of monsters.

#14 MrPostman

MrPostman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Spear Jab
Spin it Bear
Storm Blade

These are far superior to hammer skills and combo much more functionally than they would. They're more complex combos, of course, but this is part of learning to play the game. Hammer spam falls very short very quickly once you enter the broader depth of skill functions as you job advance. Later on you'll have skills like Cross Cut, Mega Storm Blade, and Chain Shield to add onto this.

For clarification, the amount of damage Stun Hammer can generate along with the way it's casted makes for a lacking DPS when compared to the higher level skills. True, it can hit a range of enemies, but any other skill can as well. Storm Blade is also great for AoE damage, but I'm assuming due to low level the only experience you have with launching is the skill Launch. Once you get the more complex launches like Spin it Bear, Pressure, and Shoulder Tackle you'll soon see how it functions to take out groups of monsters.

Okay <_< Thanks for the help. Thread closed X

#15 kiwiReaper

kiwiReaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

yeah hammer spam is gr8 i had this same idea when i turned gladiator
i felt nothing really beat hammer spam cause its so simple
BUT then i got to mobs that didnt die that quick
so i was forced to learn new combos and omg i never knew stormblade was this strong
u jsut need a good knock up and stormblade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users