11/29 Maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

11/29 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#51 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

if groove pack is stop for now.make the Gwing and job battle manual vendable pls ...or make groove pack stay

#52 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hmmm, I'm still learning how to configure it... so I get some spam still.

You got a private message with the solution :dunno:

#53 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

I like the groove packs but there's too many safe cert outcomes and I'm aiming for BMx3.
I end up with tons of safe certs (which isn't half bad, I'll sell them one day)
But I'm more interested in the manuals, for sure.

Oh well.

#54 DJMaxSilver

DJMaxSilver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

So I assume TIs are going to stop now? :dunno:

#55 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

So I assume TIs are going to stop now? :p_conf:

God I hope not. I've been lvling my FS priest again because with the TI's I finally have a way of leveling her. :dunno:

#56 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Don't just stay silent and hope nobody notices, at least let us know what's going on with the turn ins D:

#57 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

As I've stated multiple times, the skill balance patch will go in and won't be modified by our feedback immediately. It is impossible to hold off the current skill balance patch until it is modified to our standards as that could be months later, as it gets changed on kRO first.

What our skill balance testing is for is, is for verifying it is doing what the documentation said it is supposed to do, that documentation is in the translation section of the forums here. There are a few changes that are made already to it that the Korean QA team has informed us of and are sending over the change logs to us so we can inform you of them.

I hate giving dates, but when I don't I get yelled at so I make dates based on current information, which changes whenever there is a problem we have had a number of problems with the actual server files (not the contents) of the updates and it has taken a huge chunk of time to get resolved. We do need to do the update for the skill balance as it is clogging up the pipeline pushing everything else back, without updates we don't get better; I know many complaints of we are rushing it will be heard same as we have gotten complaints that we aren't being informative, or that we keep changing the dates (both are complaining about the same thing but on exact opposite ends of the issue).

Now about todays patch:

Green ales will switch to lower weight and less effect, the hat will gain a random chance of doing a heal (so it is like you drank a green ale or something instead of dropping it)
Machine for Green Ale switching is being updated to allow multiple swaps at one time rather than 1 at a time.

The Enriched Hammer event went very well, and did what it should do, it was a good test for a more permanent system that is sort of like it. A permanent system will likely have a different pricing structure to it but should be similar allowing for Enhanced Rates.

The Groove pack can stay until the 6th.

Job Manuals won't be tradable, they are for using, and I am very sure that ever transing or 3rd class character can take advantage of them to a great degree.
If we make Job manuals available again via this method we will try and get a "different" version that is tradable so the ones you get via Reset stones and the Job manual boxes are account bound but the Groove Pack/Lucky Box ones are tradable.

And to ease your mind on the Turnins, Assume that they will continue being updated weekly, into perpetuity unless we specifically state they are being discontinued. We will have more this week.

#58 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

I understand you feel pressured to give dates, but when you give dates and continually fail to meet them, you start losing all credibility. Are dates we can't count on better than not giving any? I don't think so...

#59 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

I understand you feel pressured to give dates, but when you give dates and continually fail to meet them, you start losing all credibility. Are dates we can't count on better than not giving any? I don't think so...

If I don't give a date and we implement I still have issues. I could hide in my cave and just work in the back ground trying to get stuff out in time, but then we lose any buzz building that these updates are supposed to bring. I have to give dates and expectations and accomplish them to be doing the best for my job and for this game. Unforeseen things got in the way of my success in this regard with this update, and it is costing us a lot to be honest. But I can't plan email blasts, PR, marketing spends if we don't give dates. If we just said "soon" and then magically the update just happens on some week we will get no participation in it and it will be a failed launch, so we do have to extend our necks and be informative.

The only thing I would do differently if I could have seen the future is have sent the error reports back to HQ back in October. They would ask how we got these files since they didn't send us the problem files yet, and my reply would be a *wink* and a business card that "I'm from the future". We don't have the luxury of having an update content complete weeks before an update, we've tried that and it seemed that it was taken as more "time" to delay delivery, if its not urgent it isn't handled is the only way we for sure get things done in this global team effort.

And please, I know it is messed up that it is not the way it "should" be, but reality of a busy dev team that isn't owned by the publisher is like that.

#60 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

When he doesn't gives dates, people complain. When he does give dates and fails to meet them, people complain. I'd rather know the dates the GMs are looking at to have things implemented, than to have no dates at all. I also keep in mind that the GMs have already had TONS of problems with this patch, so the dates are probably tentative. Honestly, I think most players should be more considerate of the issues the GMs are having. Seriously, it is not like they are sitting around doing nothing all day. All we can do is hope that everything goes as currently planned, and enjoy the game the way it is now.

#61 lordzduke

lordzduke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

When he doesn't gives dates, people complain. When he does give dates and fails to meet them, people complain. I'd rather know the dates the GMs are looking at to have things implemented, than to have no dates at all. I also keep in mind that the GMs have already had TONS of problems with this patch, so the dates are probably tentative. Honestly, I think most players should be more considerate of the issues the GMs are having. Seriously, it is not like they are sitting around doing nothing all day. All we can do is hope that everything goes as currently planned, and enjoy the game the way it is now.

i agreed...i dont bother at all about it.i got my reset stone to reset when this came out at kRO.when GMs say it available at sakray to test,i go to sakray. that's all.plays what we have in front of us,let GMs worry about when the patch gonna come out.why rush on something big...all i do wanna test is hundred spear n CS.and some runes :dunno:

Edited by lordzduke, 29 November 2011 - 07:23 PM.

#62 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Job Manuals won't be tradable, they are for using, and I am very sure that ever transing or 3rd class character can take advantage of them to a great degree.
If we make Job manuals available again via this method we will try and get a "different" version that is tradable so the ones you get via Reset stones and the Job manual boxes are account bound but the Groove Pack/Lucky Box ones are tradable.

Once you get job 50, these manuals are completely useless unlike EXP Battle Manuals where it helps getting guild EXP when you belong in a guild.

Also, the job EXP bonus is barely noticeable from Job Manuals. I'm not sure if it multiplies/adds correctly with Battle Manuals but the gains are just negligible. They help low level players more than high level players, so they should at least be vendable/tradable. Take it from someone who has 10+ level 140+ characters.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 29 November 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#63 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

what would someone do with 500 job manuals, thats right let it rot in storage. might aswell share it to those who cant afford wpe.

#64 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

I'm not questioning how hard it's being worked on and the effort you guys are putting into getting it working. I just don't really see the point in saying it'll be on ____ date when you aren't sure yet if you can get it working. There's a difference between saying

"Optimally Skill testing will start by Thursday this week, and December 6th we would load 14.1 on there too" and

"We don't know when exactly it'll be ready but we're continuing to get Sakray up and if nothing else goes wrong, should have it ready early in December/within the next couple of weeks/this week (depending on how certain you are)."

You can give useful information as to your progress with the update without appearing to commit to a specific date.

#65 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

i want my marching hats :dunno:

#66 bigstuff17

bigstuff17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

seriously, people need to just take a chill pill and lay off.

anyone who's played RO for any extended period of time should know by now that until it happens, don't believe in it. just because kRO/pRO/bRO/ ANY OTHER SERVER gets a patch, doesn't mean that we'll even remotely sniff the chance of getting it. if we do get any word that we MIGHT get it, then don't get all emo and butt-hurt when things don't show up "by a certain date" or "within a reasonable amount of time". my god, all people do is-_- and moan about balance patch this and that. christ, just go get a job or go outside and be active, or just be patient.

yes, it's been MONTHS since the first mentions of a balance patch, and patience isn't built into everyone's DNA. until iRO actually implements any updates, patches, balances, kafra items, etc. and is working on the servers, it's just hear-say and rumors.

if you can't wait, well, there's other things to do. go ragequit or whatever it is you all do when you're not playing RO. i'm just tired of the whining of the general community, waiting oh so close to gravity's jock as if they're gonna let you sniff on their junk on a balance patch.

just wait for it. when it shows up on sakray, gets tested (by the community - that means you guys gotta report in the bugs and not just complain all the time), then after all that, then the developers can move forward and implement the updates and patches onto the servers for the rest of the community to utilize.

do what you do, say what you say, but jesus christ, lay off.

#67 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Instead of recycling Turn Ins, why not implement the nightmare mode Scaraba Hall?

#68 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

I dont expect balance soon, you are lying heim.

I'm not lying, I may be basing my information on something that later turns out to be wrong, but I lose when I lie; I have enough egg on my face from the times when things go badly despite preparation without adding to those wrong times by lying.

#69 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Instead of recycling Turn Ins, why not implement the nightmare mode Scaraba Hall?

When have we used that, and where does it come from. I can't implement what I don't have.

#70 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

I just need 2 job levels on GuardDog77. Nightmare mode sounds scary. Lets just do regular mode lol. :dunno:

Unless you will let me in your party(One Piece Crew Member) to get my last 2 job levels lol.

#71 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

If I don't give a date and we implement I still have issues. I could hide in my cave and just work in the back ground trying to get stuff out in time, but then we lose any buzz building that these updates are supposed to bring. I have to give dates and expectations and accomplish them to be doing the best for my job and for this game. Unforeseen things got in the way of my success in this regard with this update, and it is costing us a lot to be honest. But I can't plan email blasts, PR, marketing spends if we don't give dates. If we just said "soon" and then magically the update just happens on some week we will get no participation in it and it will be a failed launch, so we do have to extend our necks and be informative.

The only thing I would do differently if I could have seen the future is have sent the error reports back to HQ back in October. They would ask how we got these files since they didn't send us the problem files yet, and my reply would be a *wink* and a business card that "I'm from the future". We don't have the luxury of having an update content complete weeks before an update, we've tried that and it seemed that it was taken as more "time" to delay delivery, if its not urgent it isn't handled is the only way we for sure get things done in this global team effort.

And please, I know it is messed up that it is not the way it "should" be, but reality of a busy dev team that isn't owned by the publisher is like that.

This response is spot on in every way. I can't say I'm a fan of yours from past experiences but this is without a doubt the right attitude to take today and the future on.

I never really wanted a "date" I always wanted an "update." This is the type of transparency that the community needs. You are on target with giving contingent dates barring issues. Yet, my suggestion is to give a time frame, rather than a specific date. Ex. Currently we are expecting to have our balance patch released 4th Quarter 2011 with more details to come as testing is finalized. This avoids being locked into a specific date and leaves a gap of time to adjust to errors and problems.

Failed launches can happen several ways and I fully understand Resplendent's points as they are valid as well. Imagine you are with someone special and they are always about to get theirs but seems they never do. After 3 hours of false anticipation you are like screw it and leave instead of sticking around to find out if it would ever happen. There will be complaints either way, but I don't think the community should ever complain that you are keeping them too informed as to what's going on and how things are developing. I expected testing in Aug, and it's almost Dec. Still think I'm as excited now as I was in Aug. about the balance patch?

#72 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

When have we used that, and where does it come from. I can't implement what I don't have.

jRO.

Seems like it's half implemented or something. One of the guards outside the Scaraba Hall mentions something about the perfume that attracts the scarabs and when you say you want to go in, nothing happens. Additionally when you talk to the npc to the left of the Scaraba Hall entrance, if you type in the words "Nightmare Mode" he produces a different dialogue.

Basically, I'm just asking for more dungeons line the overlook dungeon. I thought it was a great idea and would be awesome if it actually scaled to other maps. Ramp up the difficulty level to bio3 levels and scale the exp rewards or loot rewards.

#73 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Heim can you reconsider on making job manuals tradable? i have too much and i think other people may have better use to them coz im through leveling my chars

#74 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Heim can you reconsider on making job manuals tradable? i have too much and i think other people may have better use to them coz im through leveling my chars

#75 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

I just need 2 job levels on GuardDog77. Nightmare mode sounds scary. Lets just do regular mode lol. :dunno:

Unless you will let me in your party(One Piece Crew Member) to get my last 2 job levels lol.

Make it hard enough to require a party and then sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users