#1 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Hello all, back to ask j00 all some quick questions...

Mainly, for warlock, should one just go for max dmg and get 120 INT? I currently have 110 INT, and I've been getting LUK to raise MATK, since it works into the dmg formula. Currently, I have: (base values)

100 dex (I know, high for a lock, but I don't care, I LOVE DEX RAWRRR...)
110 int
81 luk
40 vit

I'm just wondering how much INT/LUK to get, because I'd like to use as many points as possible towards VIT...not like it will help much with its squishiness, but every little bit helps :dunno: Thanks in advance to everyone!

#2 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

for max dmg, max int isnt the way to go. All your stats but vit are the same then me (more or less) just that i have 100 vit. I suggest you get 100 vit and let the others like that. You will lose a bit of matk, but not a lot, and hp is always great (plus stun immunity).

#3 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

Hello all, back to ask j00 all some quick questions...

Mainly, for warlock, should one just go for max dmg and get 120 INT? I currently have 110 INT, and I've been getting LUK to raise MATK, since it works into the dmg formula. Currently, I have: (base values)

100 dex (I know, high for a lock, but I don't care, I LOVE DEX RAWRRR...)
110 int
81 luk
40 vit

I'm just wondering how much INT/LUK to get, because I'd like to use as many points as possible towards VIT...not like it will help much with its squishiness, but every little bit helps :dunno: Thanks in advance to everyone!

Yes... INT for a Warlock is a MUST if you are planning on dealing damage... either PvP/WoE or PvM/MvP wise... if you are leveling, INT should be your first priority over other stats, that way, you can inflict more damage with your spells and be able to one shot monsters and level faster.

After max'in INT, you can either choose to maximize LUK or DEX... VIT is good at 100 total so you won't get STUN and such... if you have access to +10 Food, I would recommend you to get 86 VIT as base, you will have +4 VIT from Job Level and +10 VIT from Food... like that, you will be saving those 10 points and use it for either LUK or DEX.

Believe it or not, DEX plays an important role as well... don't let people confuse you when they said that DEX doesn't matter anymore...

Spell's formulas are 20% Fixed Cast Time and 80% Variable Cast Time... and you reduce that Variable Cast Time with gears, INT and DEX... therefore having a good amount of DEX will help you reduce that 80% variable cast time and make you cast a bit faster... usually after 100 DEX, every 5 DEX is around 0.05 seconds less in cast time... Having +140 DEX (foods, stats and gear) will make your cast time quite faster (like that, you can reduce up to +90% your variable cast time).

After getting good amount of DEX, LUK should be your next target... and if you can squeeze some AGI in it, even better... believe me... AGI works wonders for Warlocks if you planning on dealing good amount of damage with DPS attacks such as JF and CL =)

If you have any doubts about how you can distribute your stats as Warlock, don't hesitate to ask... either on forums or PM's...

To see examples of what I've told you so far... feel free to check my WoE videos... event thou I have a "special" stats build for my Warlock, you will see how important INT, DEX, LUK and AGI are =)

#4 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for responding guys. Hmm....I guess I'll poke a stat calculator (although I know they're not perfectly accurate) to get a better picture of what say, 110 INT vs. 120 INT is like. Maxing any stat does take a heck of a lot of points (it makes my sorcerer sad, INT is eating all her points), so I'll see what can be done. I like to make more "balanced" builds, so I tend not to max more than one stat...many times I don't max one at all and spread points around. I'll look into it more.

I know stun, these days, also has a lot to do with what your base level is, versus whatever you're fighting....for example, my AB has 92 vit (100 total) and I would get stunned like crazy in scarabas 2 when I was lower level than them...when I was about equal/higher than them, I stopped getting stunned. And since locks are never going to get that much HP (worst hp mod in the game, no?) I'd probably spread points around between LUK and VIT.

@Wizard: What does AGI do for DPS spells? That one I have no idea; didn't think AGI had a use for that. If you could point me towards documentation of how it works for casting, I'd be very intrigued.

Thanks again in advance for all the feedback =)

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

INT reduces a little bit of cast time too, so it's always a safe investment to max it.

#6 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

Still need to do my research, but I am leaning towards maxing INT, since I know locks aren't meant to be something sturdy (ain't a tank)--we're meant to throw around spells to keel thingies and to do crowd control; also to do some "finish him" moves to kill the things that people left behind =P I find myself doing this all the time in the Kamidal Tunnel, heh.

I think I will leave dex as-is, and see how I can balance out VIT and LUK with the points I'd have left over.

Other thoughts: Having max INT would probably be good too, to help make the most out of Mystical Amp / Recognized Spell---would help ensure you're doing the most that you can do. Especially since I'm (well, in today's RO world) noobier in MATK gears than other people and don't have super accessories....just Nimble Gloves.

#7 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

Agi, if im not wrong, is for aspd and can spam spell faster in strings, out of strings i find it useless. If thats the case, dont forget to add zerk pots.

#8 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Agi, if im not wrong, is for aspd and can spam spell faster in strings, out of strings i find it useless. If thats the case, dont forget to add zerk pots.

Actually not... AGI doesn't affect ASPD that much at all... what it does is reduce the animation for the character... therefore you can cast the next spell a bit faster... quite useful if you are working with dedicated strings (not your regular ones) plus zerk pots works wonders on strings as well...

Don't forget that even if you have no animation delay, you still gonna have Cast Bar... therefore, DEX will play an important role as it will let you cast faster and spam faster combining strings, zerk and AGI... Warlocks are good soloing but quite deadly in a party... a dedicated party can transform your average warlock into a "multi-killing machine" if you play it properly...

#9 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

Actually not... AGI doesn't affect ASPD that much at all... what it does is reduce the animation for the character... therefore you can cast the next spell a bit faster... quite useful if you are working with dedicated strings (not your regular ones) plus zerk pots works wonders on strings as well...

Don't forget that even if you have no animation delay, you still gonna have Cast Bar... therefore, DEX will play an important role as it will let you cast faster and spam faster combining strings, zerk and AGI... Warlocks are good soloing but quite deadly in a party... a dedicated party can transform your average warlock into a "multi-killing machine" if you play it properly...

How does AGI not affect ASPD? That's kind of the whole point of "AGI" melee builds, no? I can tell that my mastersmith and champ certainly hit faster when they have more AGI now than when they had very little =P You can even see the "ASPD" on your character/status info go *UP* when you add AGI when leveling up, so you comments on this seem off.

Have you had corroborating evidence with other locks about AGI/speed pots? I'm not opposed to popping a berserk potion next Kamidal TI to see if it feels any different. However, I'd have to see sources, or have others chime in agreement, in order to agree with AGI on a magic-using mage class.

Therefore, for now, I'll probably leave DEX alone and spread my remaining points among INT/VIT/LUK.

#10 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

How does AGI not affect ASPD? That's kind of the whole point of "AGI" melee builds, no? I can tell that my mastersmith and champ certainly hit faster when they have more AGI now than when they had very little =P You can even see the "ASPD" on your character/status info go *UP* when you add AGI when leveling up, so you comments on this seem off.

Have you had corroborating evidence with other locks about AGI/speed pots? I'm not opposed to popping a berserk potion next Kamidal TI to see if it feels any different. However, I'd have to see sources, or have others chime in agreement, in order to agree with AGI on a magic-using mage class.

Therefore, for now, I'll probably leave DEX alone and spread my remaining points among INT/VIT/LUK.

I said "doesn't affect ASPD that much" lol... because we can't put just few points on AGI (you can always use foods thou)...

I would say less than 5% of Warlocks know about that... evidence? hmmm there's enough evidence between Warlocks in our guild and the rest of the 3 servers lol... that's what makes the difference between how our Warlocks can wipe entire guilds by ourselves and why others can't... but don't get me wrong... beside the ASPD, there are other "tricks" that are quite useful... were AGI and ASPD play an important role as well... if you are lucky enough you might actually get a chance to discover few after time playing your lock =)

Most people post here asking for advice but it's always encouraged to test it themselves so they can actually see if something works as they want it or not... I would suggest that to satisfy your "questions" about one or another, you might as well go ahead and test it yourself... if the conditions allow you to, you might actually learn one or two interesting things about this class =)

Edited by Wizard, 29 November 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#11 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

The easiest thing for me to do would be to pop a berserk potion and see what I think, along with some AGI food--those are temporary and reversible, so I can experiment with those =)

In the end, what I could do is simply build a "normal" lock but just use some zerks in conjunction to normal casting :dunno:

#12 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

The easiest thing for me to do would be to pop a berserk potion and see what I think, along with some AGI food--those are temporary and reversible, so I can experiment with those =)

In the end, what I could do is simply build a "normal" lock but just use some zerks in conjunction to normal casting :bang:

Perhaps... but w/o dedicated strings to help out with the ASPD increase, zerk pots will make not much difference for after cast delay.

And I said dedicated strings because your average strings are ok but in some cases there are not enough... it will depend on their build at the end.

#13 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

Long ago i tested it on 200 int strings and the results were awesome, just adding a zerk pot. Also, with the incoming patch, and some1 around here telling that radius will be an active skill and reduce more fixed cast time, we should be able to get instant cast with righ equips and buffs. Instant cast+crazy agi+zerk pot+Int strings=Wipe. I can spam it realy fast with only variable instant cast and secrament, also tried with more fixed cast time reductions (laphine staff it was?) and it was even better. But once again... you will need high int strings, not all the stringers have so much int (even more after the patch wich you wont have freeze immunity with 100 int). But, in my opinion, i dont like to get more than 30-40 agi, those points are more usefull on vit or int/dex for my opinion.

Also, the agi role on casters is known since long ago, remember the 99 int 99 dex 25 agi builds? XD.

#14 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

Huh, interesting....didn't know that the actual stringer needed a lot of INT for it to be high quality--don't know much about musician classes, I've never had one. I'd like to make a bard someday though, as it's something people like to have.

As I level up, I'll keep thinking on this thread. I can just hoard my stat points and spend them after a bit more thought.

@darktie: Nope, never knew the role for agi in mage builds. Way back when, I mostly researched my gears and builds only to a degree, I don't think I researched stuff as heavily as I try to do now. You learn something every day =)

#15 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

I guess this is why Staff of Destruction give +10 Agi. lol

Oh and will Impressive Rift help with the spell casting too?

#16 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

Long ago i tested it on 200 int strings and the results were awesome, just adding a zerk pot. Also, with the incoming patch, and some1 around here telling that radius will be an active skill and reduce more fixed cast time, we should be able to get instant cast with righ equips and buffs. Instant cast+crazy agi+zerk pot+Int strings=Wipe. I can spam it realy fast with only variable instant cast and secrament, also tried with more fixed cast time reductions (laphine staff it was?) and it was even better. But once again... you will need high int strings, not all the stringers have so much int (even more after the patch wich you wont have freeze immunity with 100 int). But, in my opinion, i dont like to get more than 30-40 agi, those points are more usefull on vit or int/dex for my opinion.

Also, the agi role on casters is known since long ago, remember the 99 int 99 dex 25 agi builds? XD.

That "someone" would be kRO Headquarters.
Secrament doesn't stack with radius.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users