Will Soul Exhale be enough to get parties? - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Will Soul Exhale be enough to get parties?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:25 AM

The free stat/skil reset lady is gonna leave very soon. Today it seems. I havent been able to get 99/70 yet and wont get it it any time soon. xD I'm poor casual player with no manuals after all x3

http://irowiki.org/~...qnqAan3qn91cHcY

that is more or less what I'm planning on doing. Changes will most likely occur. You may notice I only have Fire Bolt. That's because it seems we dont get a fire spell as Sorcerer. xd Safety Wall instead of Fire Wall because I find myself using FW less and less (Been TI lvling)xD Max Soul Strike just cause I like how it looks xd

So here are teh questions:

1.) I have found bolting in TI parties matters little xd Would anyone compain if I lose them?

2.) If Soul Exchale will be enough to get me in parties, what cards and equips give sp? Today I was paired with third classes and even though I have 99 INT they were saying my 1,886 is too low. I'm lvl 96/65 with Eden EQs ;)

3.) What's the use of Magnetic Earth? In PVM mostly. I dont pvp. Furthermore, how good is Extreme Vacuum? I'm just wondering if I keep a bolt, if I should get Double Bolt to make it useful and let go of Magnetic Earth.

Thanks in advance. Need quick answers please :glomp:

Edited by Jizasu, 02 December 2011 - 07:30 AM.

#2 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

1 - Get job 70, change and forget about bolting ever again.

2 - Keep soul exhale, it's one of the best skills in RO. Get yourself a Sohee or Miyabi doll card, that's probably the cheapest thing you can do for the most amount of sp.

3 - Only use for magnetic earth outside of WoE is for mvping. I made my sorc 150 before I respeced for woe, I didn't use ME or extreme vacuum before that just fine. Once you hit sorc double bolt will be obselete, use the skill points for something else.

EDIT: the eden 91-99 board quests on the 2nd floor give great job exp. You can do a handful, turn in on a manual, and boom you're done.

Edited by kentoriyama, 02 December 2011 - 11:30 AM.

#3 RuneLightmage

RuneLightmage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

Ok, I'll answer what I can.

1.) You are right Bolting matters little in a TI party. No one is going to notice if you have them or not. Losing them then should be a consideration based on skill requirements and leveling ability. Beyond that they should have no impact on you.

2.) Pre-Renewal, it was about the only thing that could get you in parties. Although I hear fiberlock was used, too. Right now, You can join a TI party as a sorceror and nobody will care if you just stand there and bolt stuff. They'll wonder WHY you're bolting but because every class can AOE kill very fast now, it won't matter what you can or cannot do, as long as the party has the AB (or two) and a killer and/possibly tank. Because of everyones AoE ability, no class is particularly useful in PVM save for AB's and Sorcerers sometime due to their ability to give Sp. It's kind of lame.

3.) Magnetic Earth stops ground based magic attacks. In pvp, it's potentially useful. in WoE, it helps. During MVPing it saves lives. During PVM it does almost nothing at all. Most ground enchants are very, very difficult to use in PVM simply because there isn't much camping done anymore and there aren't too many monsters who just cast and cast and cast at you. It's hard enough using volcano and whirlwind and deluge while leveling on a map. Magnetic Earth is just far more specific than any of those and less useful (barring WoE and pvp and MVP), Depending on what Sorcerer skills you want, you may need Magnetic Earth as a skill requirement, though.

3.1) Extreme Vacuum and Arrullo are WoE/PVP specific. Both skills can not be used on any maps outside of those areas, so they are largely useless if you don't woe or pvp. I'd love to use them myself but simply didn't meet the skill requirements for Extreme Vacuum when it could be used on regular maps and Arrullo has always been barred from operating on regular maps (but I have the skill points to get it in my build-I just can't use it). So as much fun as those skills are, they are useless for us PVM players.

3.2) Bolts are fine at level 10 with high dex. But they're useless if you are becoming a Sorcerer because you will have Psychic Wave, Veretyr Spear, Earth Grave, Diamond Dust and Cloud Kill. If you get the proper level of Call Agni, then you can change Psychic Wave into a fire property magic attack, as well. Bolting via manual cast seems silly. However, if you were a battle sorcerer, then getting the bolts and having Double Bolt are probably pretty good ideas, if not, in most cases, necessary ones.

Hope that helps and thoroughly answers your questions.

#4 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

Ok, I'll answer what I can.

1.) You are right Bolting matters little in a TI party. No one is going to notice if you have them or not. Losing them then should be a consideration based on skill requirements and leveling ability. Beyond that they should have no impact on you.

2.) Pre-Renewal, it was about the only thing that could get you in parties. Although I hear fiberlock was used, too. Right now, You can join a TI party as a sorceror and nobody will care if you just stand there and bolt stuff. They'll wonder WHY you're bolting but because every class can AOE kill very fast now, it won't matter what you can or cannot do, as long as the party has the AB (or two) and a killer and/possibly tank. Because of everyones AoE ability, no class is particularly useful in PVM save for AB's and Sorcerers sometime due to their ability to give Sp. It's kind of lame.

3.) Magnetic Earth stops ground based magic attacks. In pvp, it's potentially useful. in WoE, it helps. During MVPing it saves lives. During PVM it does almost nothing at all. Most ground enchants are very, very difficult to use in PVM simply because there isn't much camping done anymore and there aren't too many monsters who just cast and cast and cast at you. It's hard enough using volcano and whirlwind and deluge while leveling on a map. Magnetic Earth is just far more specific than any of those and less useful (barring WoE and pvp and MVP), Depending on what Sorcerer skills you want, you may need Magnetic Earth as a skill requirement, though.

3.1) Extreme Vacuum and Arrullo are WoE/PVP specific. Both skills can not be used on any maps outside of those areas, so they are largely useless if you don't woe or pvp. I'd love to use them myself but simply didn't meet the skill requirements for Extreme Vacuum when it could be used on regular maps and Arrullo has always been barred from operating on regular maps (but I have the skill points to get it in my build-I just can't use it). So as much fun as those skills are, they are useless for us PVM players.

3.2) Bolts are fine at level 10 with high dex. But they're useless if you are becoming a Sorcerer because you will have Psychic Wave, Veretyr Spear, Earth Grave, Diamond Dust and Cloud Kill. If you get the proper level of Call Agni, then you can change Psychic Wave into a fire property magic attack, as well. Bolting via manual cast seems silly. However, if you were a battle sorcerer, then getting the bolts and having Double Bolt are probably pretty good ideas, if not, in most cases, necessary ones.

Hope that helps and thoroughly answers your questions.

Thank you both, you were very thorough Rune. Question about ground enchants: They provide a certain atk boost to elemented atks, does that happen when the mobs are on the enchanted area and/or spells like storm gust are cast on said area OR by simply standing on the enchanted area your elemeted spells/atks get the % boost?

#5 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

The primary use of insignias is to juggle elemental immunities. Yeah, standing in it triggers its effects.

From my experience you get better bonus damage using skills like volcano and deluge so I wouldn't use
them for their atk bonuses. Not to mention deluge/volcano/whirlwind all stay on the ground way longer than
the insignias and lack a huge cast delay.

This what you do with insignia:
1)Summon a pet in defensive mode. You take the element of that pet.
2)Place an insignia lvl 2 for you to stand in that is of the same element as the pet summoned
3)Enjoy taking no damage for 1 minute.

The lvl 2 of all insignias force all physical attacks to become that insignia's
element if the player/monster is standing in it. Like magic strings, this effect lingers a bit even after
walking out of it.

#6 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

The primary use of insignias is to juggle elemental immunities. Yeah, standing in it triggers its effects.

From my experience you get better bonus damage using skills like volcano and deluge so I wouldn't use
them for their atk bonuses. Not to mention deluge/volcano/whirlwind all stay on the ground way longer than
the insignias and lack a huge cast delay.

This what you do with insignia:
1)Summon a pet in defensive mode. You take the element of that pet.
2)Place an insignia lvl 2 for you to stand in that is of the same element as the pet summoned
3)Enjoy taking no damage for 1 minute.

The lvl 2 of all insignias force all physical attacks to become that insignia's
element if the player/monster is standing in it. Like magic strings, this effect lingers a bit even after
walking out of it.

Thanks for the response and tips :glomp: but I was asking about Volcano, Deluge and Whirlwind as to exactly how they worked. xd

#7 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

What I primarily use them for is buffing attacks of my party members in dangerous situations where the extra dps
is needed.

For instance, if you have a warlock spamming jack frost, you cast a deluge under them and they get a damage
bonus. All the ground enchants primary function is to boost attack of the corresponding element.
They have other functions too. I use deluge the most because it extends the duration of blinding mist.

Most scholars/sorcs don't really know how to use them effectively. But they are a pre-req for several must
have skills so may as well make use of 'em.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users