• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 pdiaz6

pdiaz6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

This is just a simple thought that I think it should be implemented: i think that you should be able to stat/skill reset freely at least 5 times. Its most likely that you won't get you're first build the way you'd actually want it and we get 1 free reset for that.. but i think that one is just not enough. in a game that varies a lot in different character builds we should get more chances to perfect our stats/skills. this would also give us the chance to try different builds like for example changing sin build from daggers to katars etc...

opinions are welcomed :glomp:

#2 Om1x

Om1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

On a similar note, are they allowing another reset when the balance patch is implemented? Or will people be stuck with nerfed builds unless they want to pay to fix it?

#3 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Five times sounds kind of excessive.. one global free reset per char is fine, is just about being careful, get some tips and build guides, so you wont mess up with your build.

#4 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

1 free reset should be enough... if your not sure on what you have now, go on sakray and mess with some set ups and see wat works... if sakray ever goes up @_@

#5 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

im thinking 2 is fair :glomp:

#6 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Five would be way too excessive and would also reduce the possibility of getting a reset when were really deserve it, such as if we ever get the long awaited and possibly mythical balance patch. If you really want to reset that much, just use Reset stones and Neuralizers.

#7 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

I agree...or at least make it not so expensive. Requiring 5-6 reset stones to reset my stats is way too much. What about 1 for the first reset, 2 for the 2nd, and so on. Or keep the current system and make the first stat reset free regardless of level.

Edited by ExplosPlankton, 02 December 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#8 DJMaxSilver

DJMaxSilver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

I agree...or at least make it not so expensive. Requiring 5-6 reset stones to reset my stats is way too much. What about 1 for the first reset, 2 for the 2nd, and so on. Or keep the current system and make the first stat reset free regardless of level.

You could do TIs with multiple characters and easily get reset stones from the badges given.

#9 pdiaz6

pdiaz6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

well ok, maybe 5 is too much but at least 2 free... and for the skill reset the neutralizers should a lot more cheaper... 35-50m (at least those are the offers i've gotten) is too much !!

#10 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

There was a point where you could not reset at all. Be happy that you can even buy your resets now, let alone get one free. One reset is more than enough if you do moderate amounts of planning. If you feel that two resets are needed, you're probably on the side that has not planned enough, and the consequence is having to pay that amount. The company does need to make money, y'know?

#11 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:49 AM

doing TI's for a week (on one char) is enough to do a stat/skill reset for one char. how often are you wanting to reset? Oo

If your 3rd class already it should only take 1 reset max to fix w/e is wrong with build. Stat reliance has dimished hugely since renewal launched so theres no need to do resets for minor tweeks anymore.

#12 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

On a similar note, are they allowing another reset when the balance patch is implemented? Or will people be stuck with nerfed builds unless they want to pay to fix it?

We better get a free reset :glomp: .......

On another note maybe 2 resets. I mean coming from pre renewal and having to remake a character if the build was wrong.....

#13 Recette

Recette

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:22 AM

Doesn't it just cost $11 to do a full stat/skill reset?

Wasn't there a time when Neuralizers alone cost $11
And there was a Value Added Service that reallocated only 20 stats for $10? And you had to wait several months to do it again?

And before that there was nothing at all?

Kids these days...

#14 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

Doesn't it just cost $11 to do a full stat/skill reset?

Wasn't there a time when Neuralizers alone cost $11
And there was a Value Added Service that reallocated only 20 stats for $10? And you had to wait several months to do it again?

And before that there was nothing at all?

Kids these days...

I remember when it was a pain in the ass to get to 70 and then have to do it all again because you accidently messed up your build :glomp:

#15 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

Neutralizers used to be 1500 KP.

#16 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

5 resets just means you are terrible. 2 free resets is what it SHOULD be imo. Considering testing was a joke for renewal, most didn't get a chance to even try their builds. They are just going off someone else's research and answers, that maybe played on kRO.

But this won't change as iRO makes a decent sum on these items as it is. So if we allow it they continue to do the same things.

#17 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

Once is enough imo.

#18 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

I think one is enough.

#19 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

this is why we should have a TEEEEEEEEEEEST SERVER >_>

#20 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

I honestly think more than one is required. Unless of course you look up a default cookie cutter build and never want to even try out other skills/stats to see what is enjoyable....

I have reset all my chars multiple times...Certain skills just don't live up to the descriptions in game, or on the home site. And BTW we should NOT have to use a third party website to get reliable information about a game, that alone is BS.

Roman

#21 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

Once is enough really, if you realized you did something wrong you can fix it. If you did something wrong in the middle no biggie, you fix it once you're 150 and have some knowledge about your class.

You learn from your mistake but if you're mistaking again the you shall PAY for your mistake. :glomp:

#22 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

I'm surprised people buy reset stones from kafra shop with the ease of access via eden badges. Stat resetting is more or less an entirely ingame function now.

I was very surprised to see reset stones get made available ingame tbh, it seemed like a good shop revenue item. I dont think people appreciate how big a gesture that really was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users