ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

Maybe its just me, but about half the time I use snap, my character will appear to go nowhere but in actuality I have teleported to the targeted area without my sprite going anywhere. This is obvious b/c mobs will start attacking empty air at the spot I should be in. They also take damage from that area if I use AoE attacks such as RB even tho my character appears to be half a screen away. This is especially bad because I cant use snap again until this "after image" catches up to where I actually am on the screen...which has gotten me killed several times while trying to pull large mobs back to my group. I dont think its a latency issue on my side b/c the game runs smoothly (for RO, of course) otherwise. Is anyone else experiencing this? This has got to be fixed...

#2 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

You're being hitlocked. If you snap while you're in the flinch animation, your sprite will stand still and flinch, but your character still teleports to the designated cell. You still can snap after that happens, you just have to snap somewhere that is in range of your "real" position.

#3 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

You're being hitlocked. If you snap while you're in the flinch animation, your sprite will stand still and flinch, but your character still teleports to the designated cell. You still can snap after that happens, you just have to snap somewhere that is in range of your "real" position.

But the camera doesnt move to that location so options are limited and even when I snap again my sprite doesnt always move to that new location...if this is known shouldnt something be done about this? This cant be working as intended.

#4 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

snap causing terrible postion lag, always has always will, if you geting hit while snapping it makes it that much worse. if it was bug its now a feature of the game, as it is not getting fixed

Edited by Puppet, 06 December 2011 - 03:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users