coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

im intending to create a ranger again with a mix of trap and warg skills.
The stat build is of an auto warg build i.e. Dex- 100+ agi- 100+ luk-90 and vit- remaining points.
Skills- fire trap, trap research and warg skills.
Gears are primarily dodge gears such as +10 valkyrian manteau with choco card, two yoyo cards and a +10 composite bow with 4 HFC, elemental armors according to maps.
So basically wat im trying to do is to get 50 dodge, while resisting magic and gaining decent dps with auto warg and fire traps. As 50 dodge equals 50% damage reduction on physical damage from all elements, i guess this build will be a made to survive build.
Now i want ur opinions about pros and cons of this build. Please tell me wat u think and suggest any changes that might help

Edited by coolnix, 06 December 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#2 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

this would be a fun build in fact i was looking into make a ranger of this type awhile back but decided to go for a combo sura first :blink:. but i have seen one in action.

Pros to this build:

like any unconventional build....IT WOULD BE AWESOME! AND VERY FUN TO PLAY. these types of builds are effective lower lvls of 3rd class but eventually would be limited due to the nature of the game now its more along the lines of how many mobs you kill per sec. tho you would have your traps to support you. i would suggest having 2 sets of gears for this type of ranger.....since you are going hybrid warg/trapper i would suggest having warg gears ie. high flee/aspd gears or your dodge gears. i would invest in a sniping suit of wild cat for atk and the sniping suit will add to your crit making up for the lose in damage from using a malicious rather then a higher damage bow (orc archer etc). i would suggest eventually going with the glorious ring and archer medal just cause crit is sexy. but thats my opinion. then i would have your trapper gear. malicious bow still works fine but my trap has a much easier time lvling with a malicious dagger and shield and immune. then again if trapping isnt really there to help you lvl then i wouldnt worry about a second gear. would i would say for lvling is just do your normal attacking and if you find your mob getting out of had then throw our traps down. the only down side i feel to warg strike tho it is stronger the BB it doesn't do that AoE effect that BB did. .

Cons:

the only real con to this build is the obvious...it just doesnt have the capabilities to mob as much or tank a mob as large as a straight vit trapper does. the other reason i have not yet made one is the fact of not being able to ride the warg and use any other skills besides traps, its really a bummer when windwalker and warg ride you can zoom around fire traping mobs like crazy or your stuck walking everywhere. but if this is meant to just be a fun lil side character then i don't see what that would be a problem.

#3 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

thanx for ur opinion.

The actual reason i chose dodge gears is because dodge doesnt have a mob effect and it is counted before flee. So however large the mob, i guess i could handle them with 50 dodge + fire trap and minimizing the necessity of shield.

At the moment i've the same gears as a trap hunter i.e. Quad hfc main gauche and valk shield. But it makes me stick to single skill. And slowly the fun is evaporating. And i really will enjoy if the auto warg strike happens. I'll admit that i dont have much knowledge about warg mechanics but i would really like to try it.

Another weakness of traps is not being able to handle mobs of ranged monsters. This is also one of the main reasons why i would like to use my bow and warg.

Lastly fire traps are useless against ghost monsters. So again i have to turn back to my bow and arrow.

So u see, this idea of hybrid build has stemmed from the necessity to minimize limits of the trapper build.

I am not sure how much it will succeed, but again i will need guidance of fellow rangers such as urself.

Edited by coolnix, 07 December 2011 - 01:27 AM.

#4 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

for starters i dont think you will need 90+ luk i think 70~77 would be good. but there is a card i forget what it is but there is a armor card that converts every like 7 agi to 1 luk..so that would help with increasing luck. as far as i know even with high dodge a mob can still kill you ill test it when i finally get sakray installed. also your ghost solution comes with the balance patch. the long ranger....well honestly warg strike is the way to solve this. i just snap around with strike and trap what is shooting me. relatively the same as just shooting stuff. BUT my intention is not to try to make you int a trapper.

i would say your build looks good. i would start to lvl it to 99 sniper but wait for skill balance to really make this build because arrow storm may be worth getting over warg skills. also you might jsut want to end up with fire trap for mob control and use warg skills for general lvling.

#5 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

well i guess ur right about luk. Even i thought it was too much. 70 is enough maybe. Getting 20 more luk just for 2 dodge not worth i guess. Might get more vit with those points. But warg proc rate will definitely suffer. Will have to test it both ways.

Btw auto warg strike hits a single enemy or all of them??

#6 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

Auto warg shares the same mechanism as auto blitz but to a single enemy. Also it is not jlvl dependent like BB but relies on ATK for its dmg output. 70 luk is viable, my toon is and warg procs quite frequently. Venatu card (armor, for every 7 base agi you get 1 luk) isnt worth it, you should get wild cat instead. If you can, get a gloria slave...=)

Edited by wotmint, 08 December 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#7 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

thanx for the info. I'll try that. Right now im more focused on negating magic attacks by armors with cards like pasana and all. Saves my butt a lot of times :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users