Lol Reset Stone Timer - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Lol Reset Stone Timer

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#1 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

Looks like the GM's put a timer on the usage of reset stones. So now all you can do is 2 per day.

Cheers.

P.S. nice ninja skills

#2 HyuugaNeji

HyuugaNeji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:02 AM

Lucky I got my level done last week then.

#3 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:09 AM

Already got people QQing over it..

#4 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:22 AM

lol. good thing i took care of most of my characters in the last two weeks of scarabs too. :blink:

sucks. too many reset stones now. guess this means god item seal resets.

#5 YukkiCross

YukkiCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:24 AM

Sucks :\ Wish I knew ahead of time before getting 20+ stones for my wanderer and ab. I understand people not wanting new players to power lvl easy to 150 and not know how to play their class, but after playing my HP for years and years I'd like a small break to enjoy some easy leveling lol..If it does stay then boo but I hope its considered to be removed ;-;

#6 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:27 AM

Sucks :\ Wish I knew ahead of time before getting 20+ stones for my wanderer and ab. I understand people not wanting new players to power lvl easy to 150 and not know how to play their class, but after playing my HP for years and years I'd like a small break to enjoy some easy leveling lol..If it does stay then boo but I hope its considered to be removed ;-;

I believe it was a last minute addition, and wasn't part of planned maintenance.....

#7 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:32 AM

So basically if your returning to RO or starting new, good luck because now you wont be able to close the gap with people who have been farming 150s. GG Gravity

#8 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:33 AM

I used to make money off reset stones.. but heck I'd sacrifice that for a more balance leveling... it's all good.

#9 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:33 AM

/pat

#10 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:36 AM

at least the reset stones can be used to stat resetting and god seal quest resetting. it's not a total loss. and they're still useable once a day so again not a total loss.

i like this change and approve it. i especially like how it's after the most abusable ti events (juperos, scarabs 1, scarabs 2). if only bio2 or dg was somewhere in the past weeks also...

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:36 AM

Harsh. Even the people saying levelling was too fast were against that.

#12 YukkiCross

YukkiCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:40 AM

At least if they were to limit it, say like..3-6 hours something along that? So the player could go work on another char maybe or something. Yeah they can do that with the 23 hour wait but that's so long ;-; I wanna main a offensive character for once instead of my FS life x_x

#13 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:40 AM

i think leveling was too fast. i abused ti's probably more than anyone else and i'm still not done leveling. i do think the way it was (infinite resets) was ridiculously overpowered and had to change. (but again thank you for waiting until after juperos, scarab 1 and 2 to do so)

i do think the suddenness of this was unreasonable though and i know there are others who started hoarding/mass exchanging emb for reset stones which will now take longer to go through.

#14 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:45 AM

it was all well planned for the "ops it was a mistake" kind of revenue boosting

#15 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:48 AM

Here woulda been a better idea. Make each of the turn ins give 1 EMB. You guys will make a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit ton from the kafra shop.

Incase you didnt get this post
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageCASH SHOPPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 Zienare

Zienare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:04 AM

>.> That's because whiners keep whining about it. :blink: Kinda annoying for the FS who are trying to lvl on it. :blink:

#17 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:18 AM

^ You can still party others in the map doing the turn in, or you know, still make party just for exp? you don't need the -TURN IN- itself to level.

I'm against endless reset spamming, but 2 looks restrictive. I'd say maybe 3/4 per day would be fair enough.

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

I think putting an hour cool down per reset would be fine.... it has that annoyance/slow you down factor, but people will still do it.

#19 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

Derp..... At least I won't be seeing level 150s every 3 hours now. Gotta hate these posers thinking they "all that" after they level 150. It's really not a big deal to level 150 when you got 597427539 who has them. :blink:

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 07 December 2011 - 06:33 AM.

#20 FalboII

FalboII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro,Brazil
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

I renember in June in this year the medusas turn in,without cooldown,good exp and free warp.Now they put a big cooldown,bad exp and VIP warp.This renember me this meme:

Posted Image

#21 YukkiCross

YukkiCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

I think putting an hour cool down per reset would be fine.... it has that annoyance/slow you down factor, but people will still do it.

I'd be fine with even 3 hour cooldowns. But 23 hours is crazy T_T

#22 ShionTheBlack

ShionTheBlack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:40 AM

I think twice per day is just fine. Weren't daily TI's just supposed to supplement the current leveling curve, not replace it?

Edited by ShionTheBlack, 07 December 2011 - 06:46 AM.

#23 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

Not a great move heim, made even worse by the lack of notice (again).

From the Ymir perspective - there is really no such thing as a 'new player' anymore on Ymir. What we have are 'returned players' from the Chaos/Loki/Iris days (and also Valk refugees that want to escape the bots etc.) As for the returned players, the TI's allow them to 'catch up' and be able to get back to where they left off - being able to WoE, MVP and so on. As the party system is still screwed (and shows no signs of being improved) it's the TI's that allow them to catch up - if they choose to use reset stones then more power to them (and more $$$ to your cash shop).

Maybe a better idea would have been, players on VIP can use the reset stones to do as many TI's as they want. Players not on VIP can just do the 1 or 2 resets a day.

While I don't think the TI system is perfect, until you find a way to improve the normal party system that's all we have - unless you want the soloing classes to go back to leveling as they were prior to the TI's being implemented and the support classes being shafted once again.

#24 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

I'd be fine with even 3 hour cooldowns. But 23 hours is crazy T_T

So like, Limit the reset stone uses to an hour or 2 cool down? Yea I'm down with that.

But just so we are all clear. This addition was due to a player posting on the forums and the GM's acted fast on it. Even if you don't like the change (Me! However it's not too bad for me since I have loads of characters and it'll hopefully make the others stop emoing about fast leveling) it's awesome to see how the GM's are at least willing to try to make things better for everyone, and with super fast response time! This would have taken weeks/months to be addressed back in the day before the current GM team.

Not a great move heim, made even worse by the lack of notice (again).

From the Ymir perspective - there is really no such thing as a 'new player' anymore on Ymir. What we have are 'returned players' from the Chaos/Loki/Iris days (and also Valk refugees that want to escape the bots etc.) As for the returned players, the TI's allow them to 'catch up' and be able to get back to where they left off - being able to WoE, MVP and so on. As the party system is still screwed (and shows no signs of being improved) it's the TI's that allow them to catch up - if they choose to use reset stones then more power to them (and more $$$ to your cash shop).

Maybe a better idea would have been, players on VIP can use the reset stones to do as many TI's as they want. Players not on VIP can just do the 1 or 2 resets a day.

While I don't think the TI system is perfect, until you find a way to improve the normal party system that's all we have - unless you want the soloing classes to go back to leveling as they were prior to the TI's being implemented and the support classes being shafted once again.

Btw I'm on Ymir and we have many straight up new players (just started the game) in our guild. Several only have one or two characters.

Oh and this change was from the suggestion of players, not the GM's. Yea in the end it's their say, obviously, but they had asked for ideas and this was one of them.

Edited by Skotios, 07 December 2011 - 08:26 AM.

#25 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

The lack of public notice is pretty unprofessional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users