Lol Reset Stone Timer - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Lol Reset Stone Timer

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#26 emerald00

emerald00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

I'm glad I didn't buy any more reset stones.

#27 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

You should be thankful there are weekly turn ins anyways.

#28 Orlim

Orlim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

The lack of public notice is pretty unprofessional.

Gravity US.'s conduct overall is pretty unprofessional. They are essentially treating their customers as 12 year old's that still count on their fingers and live in a naive "lala land". I feel offended by Gravity's conduct regularly, cashiers at the local farmers market have a more professional conduct...

#29 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Rofl. Before, even though I HATED the fact that you could 150 so easily, at least my guild had something to do.

Now...=\

#30 iFail

iFail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

having a max level character means nothing at all at this point. pre renwal it was at least an accomplishment to get 99/70. now i come back and get to 150 in about 3 weeks only leveling 1-2 hours a day or less and once i hit 150 i didn't care one bit and all i have to look forward to now is buying mass amounts of kafra points to +12 all my gear. doesn't help that woe is boring now and takes 0 skill. this change should of been implemented in the first place instead of letting people buy kp to get 150/50 and +12 everything. it's ruining the game.

#31 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

Wish there was a way to maybe ummmm limit Kafra point purchases on an account. Like, you can't buy more than 20k WPE in 1 month or something.

yeah i know..... IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN... :blink:

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 07 December 2011 - 10:48 AM.

#32 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

Anyone else find this hilarious that they made this very quick change after that one whiner thread popped up yesterday? But yet they ignore numerous threads begging for woe balance/exp balance/battlegrounds/kvm fixes etc etc. Oh and they didn't annouce when gramps first started taking reset stones,you expect them to annouce this?

#33 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

Everyone saying that it's unprofessional.. are you at all surprised by now?

#34 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

Anyone else find this hilarious that they made this very quick change after that one whiner thread popped up yesterday? But yet they ignore numerous threads begging for woe balance/exp balance/battlegrounds/kvm fixes etc etc. Oh and they didn't annouce when gramps first started taking reset stones,you expect them to annouce this?

I feel you're being a bit unreasonable. You can't really compare changing reset stone policy to something like the balance patch and fixing the battle grounds. The latter two require a lot more time, effort, and man power. While I'm sure it took them maybe 10min to fix the reset stone thing.

As far as my opinion goes, you should only be able to reset once a day. That way you don't miss out on good parties because your timer isn't up for another hour or two. That, I feel, is reasonable and in no way "OP" or "Pay-to-win." However, two times is pretty reasonable as well. The only people that should be complaining are the people who want to spam turn-ins 80times a night.

#35 Thursday

Thursday

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

Next thing you will know. You will need a Reset Stone to reset the "Reset Stone Timer". :blink:

#36 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

Well. The TIs suck this week anyway, so I guess we can just do them once a day and hoard as many EMBs as we can so we can get more reset stones for next week. Seriously, why would they put a Tatacho on a 105-120 TI... when it showed up several times on a 125-140 TI.

#37 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

Ok umm, you people wanted advanced notice that they were nerfing something that was horrendously broken 150 cookie cutter machine? First off, why give you notice if it could hurt the then current reset stone sales? Secondly, and most importantly, any notice of a change would only have fueled the scaraba 150 massacre imo. I think people would have went w/o sleep for several days, called into work/school, just so they could exploit the GM's lack of foresight to their fullest potential. So yes, the right call was made.

This is the pressure on the wound to make sure the game doesn't bleed out in a weeks time. Now comes the fine tuning. Make your suggestions for timeframes, resets daily, cooldowns, etc. But crying that they fixed a severely broken system w/o notice is laughable at best. It should have never went in in the manner that it did.

#38 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

You never know what will happen in this game. People took advantage of the reset stone timer deal while it was here and now its gone. That is how this game is run.

Just know this from this point forward: The GM's really don't care how the decisions they make affect people in game.

Seems to me that a lot of people liked the reset stone timer. I know a lot of people that used it. I understand it allows people to level faster. I don't see much harm in it personally. I already have two 150/50 characters and was starting a future RK build. How will it hurt the game if I get my RK to 150/50 fast? I guess I am missing something. :blink:

The people that don't like resets really don't post what harm it does for people to level faster. They don't like it but don't really post a good argument against it.

#39 YukkiCross

YukkiCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

Even if it was fast/easy to level, I still think the idea of VIP players having a 1-3 hour cooldown and normal players having the 23 hour cooldown. I'm so tired of hours of grinding from pre-renewal ;-; Only thing I had back then that was like this was bio floor parties on my HP popping BM's like they were candy ._.

So yeah my proposal? 1-3 hour cooldown for vip members. 23 hour cooldown for non-vip. ^^?

#40 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

Unfortunately it seems like most (and I mean most) people who are satisfied with this change are the ones with 150's. It really does suck for the people who bought the reset stones and can't use them because of the cooldown that got added. Not to mention that it was probably changed because of people QQing about people power leveling to 150 like its that big of a deal especially when "most" of them did it anyway......

#41 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:53 PM

You never know what will happen in this game. People took advantage of the reset stone timer deal while it was here and now its gone. That is how this game is run.

Just know this from this point forward: The GM's really don't care how the decisions they make affect people in game.

Seems to me that a lot of people liked the reset stone timer. I know a lot of people that used it. I understand it allows people to level faster. I don't see much harm in it personally. I already have two 150/50 characters and was starting a future RK build. How will it hurt the game if I get my RK to 150/50 fast? I guess I am missing something. :blink:

The people that don't like resets really don't post what harm it does for people to level faster. They don't like it but don't really post a good argument against it.

From what I've seen on the forums, the issue with people leveling too fast AND in leveling in only TI parties is that people don't gain the experience and skill in using their class that would occur if they weren't power leveled so quickly...not to mention using their class in a different environment.

I guess if someone never wants to do some of the high end PvM activities---MVP, bio3, and ET----it doesn't matter, but if someone ever went to those places whose sole experience is to spam 1-2 skills, that would be a problem. I personally do need a brush-up primer on bio3 the next time I go (haven't really gone back since Renewal), but I certainly know I've got to hit more than 4 buttons =P

Additionally, it was also pointed out somewhere that doing only TIs pretty much ensures that you don't ever acquire any decent gear in order to do those high end arenas anyway, since (1) most TI places don't drop very good items and (2) in TI parties being properly geared matters a lot less.

#42 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

You can still use reset stones on the timer. Why are people saying you can't? You just can't use them as often. The people complaining are the ones who abused TI's.

#43 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

Well. The TIs suck this week anyway, so I guess we can just do them once a day and hoard as many EMBs as we can so we can get more reset stones for next week. Seriously, why would they put a Tatacho on a 105-120 TI... when it showed up several times on a 125-140 TI.

Well Tatacho are terrible XP for lvl 125+ ... besides that well they should have made an announcement about it. Even if it's a "last minute" thing, it takes what 30 seconds to edit and add "- Gramps will only use reset stones once a day"

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

As much as I think this change is too harsh, I'm tempted to post massive support for it due to the pro-TI asshats in the maint thread, just because.... f them.

#45 YukkiCross

YukkiCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

I wasn't saying get rid of them completely ;-; Just lessen the cooldown time for VIP status players D: Coming back since pre-renewal I enjoyed the TI's quite a lot ._.

#46 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:14 PM

It was going to happen sooner or later and to no suprise not a single notification.

#47 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

Unfortunately it seems like most (and I mean most) people who are satisfied with this change are the ones with 150's. It really does suck for the people who bought the reset stones and can't use them because of the cooldown that got added. Not to mention that it was probably changed because of people QQing about people power leveling to 150 like its that big of a deal especially when "most" of them did it anyway......

This.

#48 Dl2agon

Dl2agon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

ty god no more trillion resets... Casual players do casual things. game should have a difference in casual things and hardcore things. But apparently lvling to 150/50 in a week is casual and so is woe and all aspects of mvping.
Guys before resets and turn ins i hit 108 on my GX in a month. TI came out i was 150 less then a month no resets. To me speeding up the process to 150/50 just kills the longevity of the game.

#49 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

I don't see the point, actually. I mean, what changes? It takes longer to get to 150, but you also play less to get to 150.

Here's the thing. Assuming you don't die a whole ton, the number of turn ins you are going to do to get to 150 is basically a fixed number, give or take for exp deviations. If it takes 100 turn ins to get you to 150, then, without resets, it'll take you 100 days. However, you'll be playing 20-30 minutes or so every day, then call it quits (I could you could go solo leveling if you're lucky enough to be one of the blessed solo-leveling classes). So essentially, you'll spend 50 hours of REAL-TIME playing to get to 150.

With the resets, that number doesn't change. You'll still have to do the same number of turnins. You'll still spend 50 some hours of actual time in-game. If someone wants to spend all that time at once, why the hell stop them? Heck, they even pay money to do so. And it just means more people to party with.

Why was this a problem for anyone other than the elitists who want to keep their precious 150 "special"?

The only issue I have is being able to use 3x BMs on turnins. That actually cuts the amount of time required to level (and it actually way more cost/time efficient than buying reset stones).

Edited by KataiKou, 07 December 2011 - 02:11 PM.

#50 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

I have no 150's.
I have 2 characters.
I support this reset stone change...

How much xp do you want to get a day? You get in a party and go easy riding around with little strategy, and get massive xp.
I did a turn in 9 times one day and leveled so much it really wasn't even funny.

When you do a turn in, unless you're a greeder or someone with really great looting skills that snatches up a rare find before the others, you aren't making any zeny.
You level really quickly but you aren't making any zeny that way.
It's a wonder why people depend on selling kafra items so much, and it all seems to make sense now why it's happening so much lately.

Idk, two resets a day is fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)