Final level Super Novices issues - RO Bug Reporting Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Final level Super Novices issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

I've asked about this before on Support Receipts but I fear I was misunderstood, and the report was just ignored.
There's an issue with the Super Novice class that I've noticed.
I've played then class since the day they were released, and they are my favorite class.

I've gotten many of them to level 99 back before Trans classes were introduced. One of the main things I noticed about them is that if you manage to reach their final base level, if you were to die, you would lose ONLY job experience and NOT base experience (because they are already 100%).

They have the ability to continue gaining Base experience from then until they reach 99,999,999 Base exp and gain the Mental Strength (upon death) and Fury abilities (after saying the required quotes), and if the lvl 99 Super Novice were to die after they used their Mental Strength ability, they WOULDN'T LOSE ANY BASE EXP (I logged onto the character select screen to double check, and not one exp was changed).
This rule was put in place for the lvl 99 Super Novice class since they were first introduced and it still is, but it won't work properly for the lvl 150 Super Novice class.

In the screenshots I've attached, it clearly shows that my Super Novice baby has died (hp being at 1) BUT it's Experience hasn't changed at all, it's still at 99,999,999.

Posted Image

(the stats section was cut-out)

When I tried the see what happens if my lvl 150 Super Novice dies while on Mental Strength, it loses around 1 million exp per death! I do not understand why is my lvl 150 Super Novice losing exp when it's at the highest lvl WITH 100% EXP, while my lvl 99 Super Novice doesn't have to worry about losing any Exp? (This screenshots shows that it's also at 99,999,999 base experience AFTER reaching level 150; I don't want to show it's experience lowered by 1 million points because I'm tired of regaining it ALL OVER AGAIN).

Posted Image

(the stats section was cut-out)

This is a HUGE issue because I worked long and hard to get it to be able to use the Mental Strength and Fury abilities for reaching level 150 and an additional 99,999,999 base Exp afterwards, and because of this issue, I'll lose the Mental Strength and Fury whenever I die?

I'm BEGGING YOU, PLEASE FIX THIS. Please MAKE IT SO THAT THE LEVEL 150 SUPER NOVICES GET THE SAME TREATMENT AS THE LEVEL 99 SUPER NOVICES where you DON'T LOSE BASE EXP WHEN YOU REACH IT'S FINAL LEVEL and gained the required 99,999,999 EXP. Don't make it that I get punished more for continuing to level and work longer and harder.

The screenshots will show you that my Super Novice Baby (Lemon Droppings) died and didn't lose any experience; the other Super Novice (Boomie) is at level 150 and loses roughly 1 million exp per death (I know because I joined an Endless Tower party last week and had 99,999,999 exp on the character select screen and lost over 23 million exp for dying 23 times during the entire run, and took forever to regain that amount of Exp).

So again, please tell me this issue will be addressed and that it will be fixed and not just give some false answer and close the problem like I got last time I sent in the ticket.

Ticket Number 059-166434DD-B9B4
Status Closed
Created 11/26/2011

This reply is false/incorrect because it says:

"We are sorry to hear of any issue experienced with the account in question. After further investigation regarding your concern, we have found out that the the Fury skill is working as intended. As for your other concern, please be advised that a character always loses EXP upon death. You may have noticed it before as it is possible that the percentage of your EXP is more than the cost of experience that should have been deducted upon your character's death.

If you have other questions please feel free to contact us again."

If that part was true, "a character always loses EXP upon death", then why do NONE OF MY other lvl 99 SN's lose any Exp upon death? Why is this one treated differently when it's also a Super Novice?
So again, please just fix it so that it wont lose base experience when it reached 100% at it's final level, like how it's always been since the class was first introduced half a decade ago.

Thank you.

Edited by lemon, 09 December 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

Agree, this is pretty bad. Moving bug report to bug reports forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users