Ranger skill testing - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ranger skill testing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

We're going to be running through the testing, so I wanted to start these from fresh.

For now we are going to use this thread for determining IF a skill is working based on the translations of skill information we have. We have specific other threads for general discussion of the class. Please post your character name and level when you are testing.

Google doc link

#2 Bleh

Bleh

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

Chelsea, 130

Warg Dash doesn't seem to be using weight in the damage formula.

#3 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

we can't use special traps on hunter traps such as ankle snare. is this intended?

edit: give ranger's an Xmas balance gift - remove the Aimbolt's immobile target requirement and let the multi-hit spree

Edited by geniewinie, 10 December 2011 - 08:06 PM.

#4 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

Warg Dash
Global Skill Delay: None
If Ranger has learned Warg Strike,
ATK 300% + (Casterâ??s Current Weight x 10 / 8) + Tooth of Warg (damage bonus from tooth of warg depends on skill level)
*** Warg will deal 3x3 splash damage when it is forcibly stopped by an obstacle.

Chelsea, 130

Confirming this too. Current Warg Dash damage is not effected by current weight as opposed to the formula.

#5 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

the camo-animation stays up if not hit for morethan 3mins & keeps on draining sp even after getting hit. still translucen on the ranger's screen but not on the other players. please fix.

#6 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

how does camo work when our aura is afloat? please fix, and camo dissappears when atking normally now? or you guys still fixing tweeks?

#7 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

Warg strike and Warg bite - still misses more than they should've & warg bite not just miss have long cool down too!!!
now that trapz are nefted, what's left with rangers?!?!?!? no more robin hood and the men in tights eh?

#8 L0WEN

L0WEN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

I feel like rangers got hit way too hard. I was doing less that 3.5k Damage with my 124 Ranger on a Hodelimn in rachel sanc. Fire trap was our only reliable mobbing tool...With a +10 Quad Mali MG we could deal enough damage to heal and hold off large mobs, but not so much that we could sit there and spam to take down MVP's or mobs of like 20+. It was reasonable enough that 7K would be able to widdle away at biggest monsters (esp since thats all you face at the levels of HAVING fire trap) and still had to stay on your toes because youre still very vulnerable to heavy attacks.

Im really disapointed and feel that you killed this class based on what Ive read so far and seen myself. Thanks a lot. You killed my favorite class, my guild leader and the only main ive ever gotten to over 110 in this year since i started playing RO.

#9 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

I feel like rangers got hit way too hard. I was doing less that 3.5k Damage with my 124 Ranger on a Hodelimn in rachel sanc. Fire trap was our only reliable mobbing tool...With a +10 Quad Mali MG we could deal enough damage to heal and hold off large mobs, but not so much that we could sit there and spam to take down MVP's or mobs of like 20+. It was reasonable enough that 7K would be able to widdle away at biggest monsters (esp since thats all you face at the levels of HAVING fire trap) and still had to stay on your toes because youre still very vulnerable to heavy attacks.

Im really disapointed and feel that you killed this class based on what Ive read so far and seen myself. Thanks a lot. You killed my favorite class, my guild leader and the only main ive ever gotten to over 110 in this year since i started playing RO.

Did you test arrow storm?
I heard it was majorly buffed 0o.
Could be wrong, lemme check.

Edit: Here, I'll let you decide :)

Before Balance:
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Arrow_Storm "only does 1/3 of the damage"

After Balance:
Arrow Storm

Fixed Cast Time: None

Variable Cast Time: (1.8 + 0.2 * Skill Level) seconds

Skill re-use Delay: (5.2 - 0.2 * Skill Level) seconds

ATK [{(Skill Level x 80) + 1000} x (Casterâ??s Base Level/100)] %

AoE:

Level 1 ~ 5: 7x7

Level 6 ~ 9: 9x9

Level 10: 11x11

(I believe that the 1/3 damage was fixed for balance patch.)

Edited by Okii, 14 December 2011 - 12:36 PM.

#10 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

Keen Nose seems broken. Lv. 5 only detects 7x7 and lv. 3 (which is what I have on the official server) only detects 5x5. Could someone double-check?

Should be:
Global Skill Delay: 3 seconds
Level

Detecting Range
7 x 7
9 x 9
11 x 11
13 x 13
15 x 15

Edited by Pres, 14 December 2011 - 07:50 PM.

#11 L0WEN

L0WEN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:16 AM

Right OK so the Ranged skills may have been buffed, cool. But there were always two ways of playing. Trapper was a legitimate strategy for a ranger. Great for leveling with mobs, without all the hassle of having to carry tons of different elemental equips ie. the plethora of arrows out there. Trapper is all but useless now except in conjunction with use of ranged weapons like when you were a sniper. Lay ankle snare blast with double strafe. Although now it would be more like using Aimed Bolt (i think thats what its called) OK fine. BUT I was never geared or build for being ranged. now I have to change my play style all together? Sell and rebuy all my gears to match? Spend Real money on Resets and a Neuralizer?

Every class has more than a few ways of playing, some more powerful then others. Rangers had two. Ranged (with or without warg attacks) and trapper. Trapper is fail now and I dont have the money or the zeny to re equip. What am I gonna do about healing now eh? The quad Mali +10 Main G was a staple to my build. Rangers now are gonna have to drop precious Stats into STR? Pots weight a lot as it is...

I dont know. It just seems like, considering the way the other classes had killer one hit moves, then Ranger Arrow Storm should have been buffed, at least just to match Clashing Spiral or something of that nature. But Rangers have always had a relatively low damage output in comparison to a lot of other classes. You may say to this, HA firetrap was 7k 2x a second. OK, but what monster have you faced as a third class with only 14k hp? Maybe only a few. Well one of those wouldnt be so hard to kill. Now, youll be lucky to make it out a live if you face 2 or 3 of them. IDK all im saying is Gene's Acid bomb better only do like 13k damage now or someones hitting the pipe too much....

#12 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:59 AM

What am I gonna do about healing now eh?

Use Maze trap first to convert monsters into Earth then fire trap. You only spend 0.5s extra (and 225z). BTW this isn't the place to post feedback but test results. Yes I agree that traps have been hit too hard but not firing/ice trap.

Edited by Clogon, 15 December 2011 - 01:59 AM.

#13 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:24 AM

Did you test arrow storm?
I heard it was majorly buffed 0o.
Could be wrong, lemme check.

Edit: Here, I'll let you decide :glomp:

Before Balance:
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Arrow_Storm "only does 1/3 of the damage"

After Balance:
Arrow Storm

Fixed Cast Time: None

Variable Cast Time: (1.8 + 0.2 * Skill Level) seconds

Skill re-use Delay: (5.2 - 0.2 * Skill Level) seconds

ATK [{(Skill Level x 80) + 1000} x (Caster�??s Base Level/100)] %

AoE:

Level 1 ~ 5: 7x7

Level 6 ~ 9: 9x9

Level 10: 11x11

(I believe that the 1/3 damage was fixed for balance patch.)

yup it was buffed, but the cast time is too long for such still such a weak skill. barely damage 1/4 target's HP in woe & pvp - it's best to rely in Aimbolt, but also have long cast - they should change aimbolt cast to .05 sec and warg bite to 1.5 sec than having 5sec cast & cool down. compared to --> GX's "normal melee atk" can kill faster and have way more damage than their skills sigh, & now WL's comet is intant cast <.< they never listen to their people

Edited by geniewinie, 16 December 2011 - 07:27 AM.

#14 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:14 PM

I agree. Arrow storm's great for pve, but really bad in pvp. I've just decided to stick with ctrl+click. I don't see much use for arrow storm, arguably even with wing set, unless to take down some low-tier people or for fun.

#15 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

I notice another thing about rangers when it gets into main servers. even with 120dex - warg bite, warg strike, and Arrow Storm misses. are they like Clashing Spiral setup? i hope not. please increase the accuracy chance for rangers <.<

#16 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

You need to be much more specific geniewinie. Ranger skills have always been affected by Hit+Flee.

#17 Preedie

Preedie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

Are the trapper builts good anymore? for pvm purposes only.

#18 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Trapper builds are awful now...stick with Arrow Storm mobbing...

In PvP and WoE even with Wing Set you`re looking at 5k damage on heavily geared classes so it isn`t great but with an 11x11 AoE It would kill some weaker or lower leveled-geared classes in WoE.

#19 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

You need to be much more specific geniewinie. Ranger skills have always been affected by Hit+Flee.

with 120dex + buffs + foods = you'd still miss for unknown reason. i think there's something wrong with the formula. since this 14.1 got in, i usually don't put anything in luk, but now i had to just for 90%crits. even if I have 220 dex I still miss.

I miss on high level monsters and other classes with 90+ agi

Edited by geniewinie, 06 January 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#20 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

it`s true...my warg strike even misses on high level GX`s in PvP...i thought Warg Strike never misses...

#21 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Chelsea, 130

Please fix. Dated September 10, 2012

#22 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

Bump @ warg dash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users