#1 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

I read that GX's are horrible at WoE, is that true or something people just say? I also read Shadow Chaser are dangerous in WoE, is that with good gear or in general?
Sassies look awesome, but I don't want to reach 150 and then turn into a leper class.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

SC's are cheaper gear wise, and lot more effective. They don't kill, they just cripple and disable.

GX is just kinda crappy unless you have +9 kvm weapon (at least) - even then they're still crappy.

Just so you know, I mained assassin in WoE for 6 years, and I played stalker on and off for recall.... and as it stands hands down, there's no choice between SC and GX, SC wins flat out.

#3 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

the reason I dont like SC is because like half the rogue skills are divest skills, so it seems like you're very limited

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

Yeah, but just think, you get to copy almost any skill in the game, TWO as a chaser!

SCs don't kill people, they're just powerfully annoying and an amazing assest to any guild / pvp party.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

http://forums.warppo...erchaser-guide/

#6 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:04 AM

gx are lil more expensive to make/maintain

rebalancing makes gx just as dangerous as a chaser depending on how you play it, both have the potential to be very intimidating when a good player is on them (and no im not talkin about ctrl clicking)... theyre both pretty equal in siege and im sure youre going to see qq threads about chasers being too weak soon... they have no idea wat theyre talking about~

id say go for which ever is more your play style... there is more to the classes then what i put below but those are the base functions of the classes

gx - 1v1 killer/disabler
chaser - group disabler

Edited by Astraeos, 10 December 2011 - 01:05 AM.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:14 AM

gx are lil more expensive to make/maintain

rebalancing makes gx just as dangerous as a chaser depending on how you play it, both have the potential to be very intimidating when a good player is on them (and no im not talkin about ctrl clicking)... theyre both pretty equal in siege and im sure youre going to see qq threads about chasers being too weak soon... they have no idea wat theyre talking about~

id say go for which ever is more your play style... there is more to the classes then what i put below but those are the base functions of the classes

gx - 1v1 killer/disabler
chaser - group disabler

EDP RC? BUT I HAS NO SHIELD -_-

#8 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

wait so GX is viable after balance? and what weapon is faster, daggers or katars? does dual wielding even effect aspd? seems like it should be faster or much more damaging? I can only really afford eden daggers so based on NPC buys, what has more damage output?

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

wait so GX is viable after balance? and what weapon is faster, daggers or katars? does dual wielding even effect aspd? seems like it should be faster or much more damaging? I can only really afford eden daggers so based on NPC buys, what has more damage output?

GX gets some decent buffs, but I'm skeptical, all of their main damage requires not wearing a shield and using EDP, which means you'll get owned hard and will need to invest in good defensive playing gear.

A single dagger (no shield) and a katar have the same attack speed. Katars are dual wield (not sure if you knew, but best mentioned) - and dual daggers have a slower attack speed.

The true power weapon of the GX is the KVM katar which has a chance to go to 193 aspd. Daggers in this case will always be slower.

You can get an icepick for PVM or highly upgraded katars.

I got a couple of short videos showing the difference (I do love my videos)

This is dual daggering. although I'm much lower level than in the katar video, the stats aren't far different.
(Please excuse the alien numbers on this video, it's an exp tracker which was formerly supported by the GMs but is no longer.)
http://www.youtube.c.../23/zpv8IVbv464

And this is the katar video.
http://www.youtube.c...u/0/g5aZpRdJNjw

So a note, the only thing different really here is that in the katar video I'm using EDP which is roughly 4x the damage I would be doing without it. Fluctuations in the damage from monster to monster are racial (KVM boosts damage on demihuman) size modifer (katars do 75% to small, 100% to medium etc) and elemental differences. I use converters for elements and since each monster has a different level of element / different element, it varies the damage.

The pure damage output is the attack speed with the katar.
Katar is also the way to go in WoE. Rolling cutter only works on katar class weapons.

Final note : forgive my gear! although they're god items, Im using them in both, a normal players damage might be between 1/2 to 2/3s of mine - so just use them for comparisons of damage output.

#10 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:19 AM

CI is decent for killing... in rebalancing as well as CSR... but CSR makes you very susceptible to death... gx is alot more expensive, chasers are really cheap to be as much of a nuisance as they are...

shameless plug time~ mute the music if its not your ish lol and 720p~ is what you can expect on chaser

Spoiler

Edited by Astraeos, 10 December 2011 - 03:21 AM.

#11 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

So a lot of people in the community chat are saying GX's are about to be really dangerous. To me it seems like GX's are really good at PVm, while SC's are really good at PvP WoE. So my question now is, does anyone have a concrete idea of what it will be like after balance patch, I don't need a class that's OP at PVP/WoE, just one that isn't killed instantly and can contribute. And how can anyone afford to use EDP regularly? Karvodailnirol is really rare, how can you afford failing to create the poison in addition to it only lasting one minute, seems ungodly expensive to use.
And where do I get a KVM Katar? from battlegrounds? why does everyone say battlegrounds are broken?

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

Easiest way to get a KVM weapon now is from turning in eden merit badges. BG broken? Haven't been in a while but I don't doubt it, the GMs tried to randomize sides to prevent people farming it, etc.... and basically BG is never used.

SC has better survival than a GX simple based on the stats you work with. A GX is agi,str,vit,dex,luk and a SC is vit,dex.....your pick from there really. My chaser personally is 100vit,100agi,100dex and 100 int. So see how the chaser can afford more vit = more hp/stat resists = more survival.
Their skills are also suited toward surviving, that's why they are the primary pick for guild recallers. I played chaser in woe at around 129~ And I felt invincible at such a low level.

As for EDP, hmm.... I stocked up on karvo over years (but as a guildleader mind you), and thats what many players do I imagine. It's possible to get 100% creation rate, really not an issue about it failing. BUT in your case I would say that if you focused on your equip and play skill any good guildleader will provide it for you.

I highly recommend shadow chaser to you though.

Edited by Xellie, 10 December 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#13 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

Easiest way to get a KVM weapon now is from turning in eden merit badges. BG broken? Haven't been in a while but I don't doubt it, the GMs tried to randomize sides to prevent people farming it, etc.... and basically BG is never used.

SC has better survival than a GX simple based on the stats you work with. A GX is agi,str,vit,dex,luk and a SC is vit,dex.....your pick from there really. My chaser personally is 100vit,100agi,100dex and 100 int. So see how the chaser can afford more vit = more hp/stat resists = more survival.
Their skills are also suited toward surviving, that's why they are the primary pick for guild recallers. I played chaser in woe at around 129~ And I felt invincible at such a low level.

As for EDP, hmm.... I stocked up on karvo over years (but as a guildleader mind you), and thats what many players do I imagine. It's possible to get 100% creation rate, really not an issue about it failing. BUT in your case I would say that if you focused on your equip and play skill any good guildleader will provide it for you.

I highly recommend shadow chaser to you though.

My only concern is that SC don't seem very good at PVM, like they have BackStab and that's it.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

Wellllllllllllllllll, no.

Ok so you have intimidate as a rogue, which allows you to copy any second class/first class non trans skill that does damage. Double strafe, flying kick, bowling bash, magnus excorsismus, claymore trap, storm gust..... I mean... its a case of where your imagination can take you.

Once you become a stalker, you get preserve, because without preserve the skill gets constantly overwritten by whatever you get hit by. One you have preserve you can keep the skill of your choice.

As a shadow chaser, you can learn any skill of your choice (and change it when you please) - currently chasers use fireing trap and they are EASY to level, BUT, with the balance patch, that will be nerfed, and you will see them using things such as Severe Rainstorm, or Jack Frost. So they're not as bad as you might think ;3

#15 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

Don't you have to be in PvP to learn a skill?

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

yeah, but you keep it afterwards.

uhh... an example is how my friend asks me to go flying kick him in pvp so he can use it in pvm, or to hit him with fire trap.

Once you have it, you can go anywhere.

edit: you can learn skills off monsters too, but they're not generally the ones you want.

Edited by Xellie, 10 December 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#17 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Hard to say, GXs are very expensive to maintain, but they do become dangerous with this expense put in. SCs actually are good in PvM, because you can copy 2 skills! Currently you want to copy fire trap and flying kick for most optimum performance in PvM, and you actually trap better than rangers due to a combination of backslide and flying kick. When the balance patch hits, fire trap is nerfed, but there are still many options of skills you can choose to copy. Basically SCs aren't good in PvM by their own skills, they are good because you can copy whatever skill you want. In the end it comes down to whether you want to kill people in siege or disable people. PvM will be fine either way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users