Valkyrie got me thinking... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Valkyrie got me thinking...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

When I was on Valkyrie, South Prontera was the main hangout place for literally everybody.

I found that newer players went there a lot to find parties and other players to help them.
Also, DB'ing and BB'ing was popular there... which was a funky combo that annoyed players and entertained them all the while.

Anyways, I am on Ymir now and feel that if we could pick a town easily accessible to newer players (and common--not necessarily Prontera, but you know)
that way you'll have someone to hang out with pretty much all the time and the newer players can check out a lot of classes in action.

(tbh, South Pront hangout made me really want an AB--and now I have one thanks to that.)

Well, if there is a huge hangout spot that's commonly used already, lemme know where cause I really only see people in Prontera/Payon/Alde afking...

#2 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

This is true. Many years ago when I first tried iRO (on that old 14 days free trial) the first thing I did was walk towards the nearest portal from when I spawned, which was South Prontera. Saw a bunch of classes and skills being used, which amazed me at the time, and killing Porings on my way down to the entrance to Izlude I found another cool group of people that would buff newbies and give them some advice.

If the server gets any amount of new players, finding people easily is the best help they can get, even more than the Training Grounds/Eden.

Myself I haven't found a real people-grabbing spot yet, so I hang near the couple people I know.

... And they're usually AFK.

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Please add Dead Branch Box with 100 dead branches for 100KP. -_-

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 10 December 2011 - 08:41 AM.

#4 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

South Pront, GH cross, Payon caves, and Louyang were so awesome back in the day.

#5 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

Louyang was the -_- back in the day.
Level, be an idiot and shout all day, help noobs, kill noobs.

People on Ymir tend to "live" somewhere. So instead of everyone being bunched together in south pront,
people are more spread out across a lot of towns, and across different parts of those towns especially near Kafras.

#6 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

South Pront, GH cross, Payon caves, and Louyang were so awesome back in the day.

all these places were hopping back in the day i miss the shout tower... south pront is only a fraction of what it was.

#7 Canada

Canada

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 252 posts
  • Location[ Valkyrie ] Over your dead body in PVP =)

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

ill show you Valkyrie afte ri get some screenies

S> Any God items & MvP cards i had stash in my storage for over 1 yr

Edited by Canada, 10 December 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#8 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Please add Dead Branch Box with 100 dead branches for 100KP. -_-

I was thinking something like this too, cause a lotttt of people enjoy breaking DB's in their spare time on Valk... but the bots sell them for like 25-35k a pop...
My only issue here is some moron troll that will drop DB's in just about every map imaginable and making the game hell for newcomers.

But yeah, on Ymir, a dead branch is never seen =(
On Valk, there are always thousands of them vending (bots... probably the only thing I didn't mind them botting ... >__<)
Probably why I quit my RG, haha. Reflect killing 250 DB's in one go (showing off for some bored people) and then dropping some for others to kill and whatnot... man I miss that. Leave my huge square pile of loots for people to pick up... fund some newbies doing that, haha!

I might switch back to Valk one day... D:

#9 iZooM

iZooM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

This! -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users