Holy Moly Valkyrie - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Holy Moly Valkyrie

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Prakz

Prakz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

Is it me, or has the Valkyrie server really changed this week. The population is lower and the prices of almost everything has dropped. Normally things I vend sell pretty decently but now its like there's a recession. Did something cause this? I don't think its a bad thing, just very..... unusual.

#2 Mogar

Mogar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

Working as intended.

#3 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

People are stopping to play because of the race to 150.

#4 htperkins

htperkins

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

I noticed it too.

I think it's because there's no upgrading market anymore, and everyone is waiting to sell their certificates when they are worth more.

#5 sendo

sendo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

christmas is coming -_-

#6 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

heim said somewhere this week that they're heavily fighting bots (like they used to) this month (as a trial) to study the direct effect it has on the economy and such things (probably other things like kafra sales etc. too, not familiar with details).

what we experience is most likely the result of it.

#7 Prakz

Prakz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

Oh I thought it had something to do with the 500 bots banned last week and a bunch of money leaving the econ. (Pretty much what Agahim said)
Was like 3500 people avg last week, now like 2400 avg this week

Edited by Prakz, 10 December 2011 - 08:32 PM.

#8 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

why did they stop "heavily fighting bots" in the first place?

Edited by ExplosPlankton, 10 December 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#9 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

why did they stop "heavily fighting bots" in the first place?

they probably figured it isn't worth the effort since they come back infinitely.

Edited by Agahim, 10 December 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#10 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

time restraints vs benefits

Say a GM costs 15/hr. said GM can locate and ban 100 bots via farms.
One gold farmer probably costs about 1/hr and makes 40-50bots/hr
bot banning is a cat and mouse game that always favors against the GM team because of labor costs in the US versus gold farmers.

All the gold farmer needs is 1 person to buy zeny to pay for a month of their labor.

#11 Macromega40

Macromega40

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

I'm on final of term, and have some homeworks to do.

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

heim said somewhere this week that they're heavily fighting bots (like they used to) this month (as a trial) to study the direct effect it has on the economy and such things (probably other things like kafra sales etc. too, not familiar with details).

what we experience is most likely the result of it.

W00t, is this an Econonomics quiz question? -_-

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

I'm on final of term, and have some homeworks to do.

Same here. ; -; Got 2 final exams lined up for this Monday.

#14 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Things usually get slow for most games around the Holidays.

#15 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

In regards to the fighting of bots, there is a bot body count that Oda does, its a week out of date due to Sakray testing/feedback logging, etc.

http://forums.warppo...t-updated-1206/

#16 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:55 AM

A lot of people are either

saving the usual princess

or

lamenting that arrow they took to the knee

on top of finals, work, dumb family stuff.

#17 MossMorice

MossMorice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

I still see bots loaded in the regular dungeons like geffen, payon, izlude. I think geffen dungeon has the worst rogue bot infestation. Also pyramids and sphinx.
The real valk population is probably only like 800-900 players =o.

Time for a server merge people =D! And the new server will be called Yogi.

Edited by MossMorice, 11 December 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#18 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

I prefer Yugi :P

#19 iZooM

iZooM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

People tend to focus more on RL since they got their vacation/out of town ready for this holidays. :P

#20 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

If servers merged, most of the weaker valk guilds would probably break due to the sheer amount of god items on ymir, and we'd have less than 1k players in a few months. Back to square one.

#21 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

Population and activity is low for a few reasons

End of Semester - With RO being predominantly students, the vast majority of them are busy with exams and term papers.

Sakray - Yes it's only got about 50-100 people or so but still, thats a good number of ACTIVE players

150 and done - For the greater population of people who DO NOT participate in WoE, most of them stop playing once they hit base 150 and these days, that's stupidly easy to do.

Lack of achievements/goals - Branching off from the above post, this game really lacks long term goals for players. Hitting 150 really is the capstone achievement for most people. Yes there are other things like making 1b, killing MVPs(which are on super easy mode) but ultimately, there's not a whole lot of things to do other than log on and chat with friends (IF they're online).

Market Saturation - Currently the market has been over saturated by the large influx of gears entering the market due to double drop/BB events as well as people NOT needing any more gears due to +7 safe certs. Basically, there's just a LOT of stuff with no one buying them. Until people start breaking/losing gears or more new players joining the game needing gears, the market is being hit pretty hard.

Edited by MrBudd, 11 December 2011 - 10:50 AM.

#22 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

This is a down week. Turn ins are not real great and people can only do them twice a day. I personally think the GM's put the manual event in to try to get people online during a down week. Also in a attempt to boost sales on a slow week.

#23 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

I don't know for other people, but after my fifth 150, and a combination of other factors (dislike renewal, balance patch, lack of content, too much pay2pay), I have almost two weeks without playing RO (other than like, last hour of woe on ygg and half last hour of woe on valky).

It's not that I dun want to play RO, it's morelike, I open the client and I'm like 'uhh.. what now?' xP.

#24 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

I don't know for other people, but after my fifth 150, and a combination of other factors (dislike renewal, balance patch, lack of content, too much pay2pay), I have almost two weeks without playing RO (other than like, last hour of woe on ygg and half last hour of woe on valky).

It's not that I dun want to play RO, it's morelike, I open the client and I'm like 'uhh.. what now?' xP.

this

#25 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

^this.

with the stupid influx of BMx3s and HEBGs from tens of thousands of groove packs, +7 certs, BB events comboed double drops & HEBGs, 2x exp events + BMx3s - many people have reached their 150 and stopped playing. I reached 150 and have nothing to do other than getting another char to 150 - which I will casually achieve it in 1-2 weeks due to a large number of Job BMs & BMx3s that I have. What then? I'll probably stop playing for a few months.

The market is so dead until I have stopped playing it too. Valk shields for 20m? Nids 40m? Now with gravestones, I can't hunt MVPs casually anymore. I saw 4 gens racing each other to get Hatii. All of them used mirrors and all rushed to the same spot with lol. There is only ET to look forward too and even those :P you get from ET don't sell.

Sorry to say, groove packs kinda broke the game a little. You made people achieve all they wanted to achieve 3x faster. Instead of people playing for 3 months to get to 150, they achieve that in 1 month. And with the unlimited resets earlier on, you could reach your 150 much much earlier. Won't get started on +9/+10/+11/+12 equipment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users