Wanderer/Maestro corner - Page 3 - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Wanderer/Maestro corner

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 ultra39

ultra39

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

i know a few days have passed, but while we're still on the subject of 2nd class skills, anyone else feel like the ensembles should be looked over again as well?

- Battle Theme is fine as it is
- Acoustic Rhythm is fine as it is
- Classical Pluck is fine as it is

i don't recall seeing many people using any of the other ensembles, if at all.

- Mental Sensing is fine as it is, but it's still clunky as hell to use
- Harmonic Lick... i don't know if this one is okay or not, i don't remember what its effect in renewal is :angry:
- Down Tempo would be nice if it reduced MDEF to 0 as well.
- Lullaby, even after all these years, still feels like it should've been straight up a bard skill.
- Power Chord. the skill itself is fine, but the prerequisites are bad. Focus Ballet/Perfect Tablature is quite useless, unless those skills themselves were revamped. on top of that, requires 1 skill point into Lullaby. i'm also not seeing a logical connection between skill progression here: hit/flee boost -> put enemies to sleep > remove item catalyst costs.

#52 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

i know a few days have passed, but while we're still on the subject of 2nd class skills, anyone else feel like the ensembles should be looked over again as well?

- Battle Theme is fine as it is
- Acoustic Rhythm is fine as it is
- Classical Pluck is fine as it is

i don't recall seeing many people using any of the other ensembles, if at all.

- Mental Sensing is fine as it is, but it's still clunky as hell to use
- Harmonic Lick... i don't know if this one is okay or not, i don't remember what its effect in renewal is :angry:
- Down Tempo would be nice if it reduced MDEF to 0 as well.
- Lullaby, even after all these years, still feels like it should've been straight up a bard skill.
- Power Chord. the skill itself is fine, but the prerequisites are bad. Focus Ballet/Perfect Tablature is quite useless, unless those skills themselves were revamped. on top of that, requires 1 skill point into Lullaby. i'm also not seeing a logical connection between skill progression here: hit/flee boost -> put enemies to sleep > remove item catalyst costs.

Harmonic Lick is pretty stupid if you ask me. The same thing as Battle Theme does, but giving "mastery attack" instead of "equipment attack". It was limited to level 4 weapons before renewal.

Lullaby. To think NORMAL sleep is scarier than DEEP sleep after balance patch... Hmmm....

Power Cord... Affects too few skills. I think it would have no problem if the skill had something like a 30~50% chance to not blow the catalyst of ANY skill [Except runes and GX poisons].

Ensembles are dumb. That's why I like the chorus system.

In the ensemble you need two performers OF DIFFERENT GENDERS having to learn the SAME SKILL AT THE SAME LEVEL to have the right effect.

And only three skills affect "Anyone in the AOE": Lullaby, Classical Pluck and Down Tempo. [Mental Sensing does not count as it affects only monsters] ALL THE OTHERS AFFECT ONLY PARTY MEMBERS.

They should add a quest skill which allows us to use ensemble buffs in the same way as a chorus, in which only the caster needs to have the skill.

And think about a chorused mental sensing with one-minute "battle manual-like" buffs. /gg

It would be fair in my opinion. If a [mainly female, bards have strings] performer does not have any reason to enter a party, making them affect the EXP/hour flow of the party from one way different from killing... I have no reasons to not allow this. Adding a new skill on performers which boost the EXP of the party.

HELL THEY CAN EVEN REPLACE LERAD'S DEW OR CIRCLE OF NATURE WITH THIS. Chorus system to make it "hard", aka requiring more than one performer, turning the skill to be a reason to fill a party with performers again ^^

#53 ultra39

ultra39

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

personally, i've always thought that the ensemble skills were fine as a game mechanic. the only problem is they're so damn inflexible and limiting to use. Longing For Freedom should've been built into the ensembles from the start (at least for renewal). on top of that, i'd like to see the AoEs being able to "stretch" based on the distance between the casters. if the performers were standing next to each other, the ensemble area would be small. but as they moved away from each other, the area would expand, up to a certain distance. Longing for Freedom could then be changed into an effect that would lock the new size of the ensemble skill, though it would probably have to be disabled for WoE.

hmm... instead of doing all that though, they should probably just cut down the number of ensemble skills in half and convert the other half into choruses with updated/different effects. CP, Down Tempo, Acoustic Rhythm, and Battle Theme could stay ensembles i guess. for the other half, those could be moved over into a new branch of the chorus skills, or have their effects rolled in with some of the current choruses. a party of performers using Mental Sensing as a chorus skill does sound pretty sexy.

on another note, maybe we should start to compile all the feedback and suggestions we've come up with, and give it to the GMs so they can send it to kRO?

Edited by ultra39, 23 December 2011 - 10:16 AM.

#54 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:00 AM

I know!

Turn Lullaby to a solo debuff [YES I AM THINKING ABOUT A PERFORMER MAKING EVERYTHING SLEEP ON TOUCH], then wipe out Focus Ballet and Perfect Tablature and readd them as a ensemble/chorus giving both effects.

But both skills need to make any difference in combat. Focus Ballet gives 20 HIT, 10 extra with Dance Lessons, and 1 extra for every 10 dex. AKA IT IS STUPID BECAUSE THE MAX YOU CAN GET IS 45!

Maybe a decent buff to both skills may be the extra flee/hit by stat, being changed from 1 every 10 to 1 every 1.

Aka a 150 DEX Wanderer would give 180 hit, and a 150 AGI Maestro could give 180 flee to the affected characters... THIS would make a difference on the skills. Think about a Wanderer being the pure GX counter, giving hit to counter Hallucination Walk in a siege zone, and stop some of the other classes using a [normal] sleep lullaby.

#55 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

Wanderers deserved a solid buff and got a series of nerfs instead. 'nuff said.

#56 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

The jobs that require buffs in the endgame is the Archbishops, Rangers, Performers and maybe Shadow Chasers a bit. All other jobs do their things fine in the endgame.

#57 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Chasers have been pretty good at the endgame. Bishops' main role is now clearing off deep sleep, holwing, etc, in addition to old roles of buffing and pneuma, etc.

Rangers just got a round of buffs, warg bite etc seems quite good.

Performers are the only real ones lacking. PARTICULARLY, Wanderers. Gravity hates women.

#58 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

IMHO it will be fine if Wanderer got a quest skill that provide her with spammable AoE Lex. it will be very useful both in PvM and PvP/WoE.

#59 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

I made my wanderer "decent" again with elven bow + elven arrows, but I think damage is still lower than it was before with just OAB + steel. I also made myself a pure endow slave to help damage, but not all maps are weak to just one element and needing the endower to be in the party is a hassle. Good thing an AB friend of mine recently started playing RO again. >__<

One thing I always wanted, maybe a whip that gives level 5 heal? Though level 5 heal is pretty useless when partying with 3rd classes. Level 10? Is it really a right thing for turn ins to be impossible without ABs (one single class)? That's why I thought having wanderers do perhaps half of what one AB can do would be appropriate. Maybe that's a different topic though.

#60 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

Swap Improvised Song for the orginal skill called Ragnarok, which was never fully implemented and then removed from way back. It would sure be a lot more useful and fun than Improvised Song.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Ragnarok

Description

There is only one skill that will continue after death and it has been deactivated due to its possible abuse. This skill was Ragnarok. When cast, it does one of 12 spells at random in the area where the Dancer and Bard are playing. It does not distinguish between friend or foe. Very little remains of what the skill specifics were, however the range of the skill was 7x7 cells from the caster, and it lasted for 60 seconds and casted the one of the spells once every 2 seconds. This means that 31 spells were cast in those 60 seconds.

The following is a listing of the spells casted from this skill.

Lord of Vermilion
Storm Gust
Meteor Storm
Heaven's Drive
Fire Wall
Magnus Exorcismus
Safety Wall
Pneuma
Sanctuary
Venom Dust
Grand Cross
Magnetic Earth

Edited by lainee, 29 December 2011 - 02:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users