Ctrl+Click players in W.O.E - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Ctrl+Click players in W.O.E

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Shippoh

Shippoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

I see no overpowering factor in enabling ctrl+click on enemy players in WOE so why isn't it enabled? I'am NOT talking about Ctrl+click Emperiums thats another topic, not here.
With the mass server lag EVEN with wtfast Its kinda hard sometimes aiming my meleeGX in woe esp. with position lag and such. Many times I would manually hold down left click to crit enemies and my char is frozen and doesnt respond due to Pos.Lag I suppose or due to phantom clicks when targets are swiftly moving.
Please if you can GMs enable ctrl+click locking in Woe on players I think I speak for many Melee aspd builds :P

#2 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

Simple Fact

Its Unfair
If ctrl click was enabled then you are free to change hotkeys, armors and use items which are in your inventory.

Your suppose to be battling. i.e. you should be ready for the fight instead of fkin round with your inventory open

#3 Shippoh

Shippoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Simple Fact

Its Unfair
If ctrl click was enabled then you are free to change hotkeys, armors and use items which are in your inventory.

Your suppose to be battling. i.e. you should be ready for the fight instead of fkin round with your inventory open

Whats unfair is being exposed because of PoS lag and slow point detection and IAM ready to fight just the damn client doesnt believe so, -4 already on your comment? wonder why. I wish it were that simple

Edited by Shippoh, 13 December 2011 - 08:49 PM.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

If this was possible, Genetics on Cart Boost and people on Speed Pot wouldn't be able to get out once the GX starts pummeling them.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 13 December 2011 - 08:57 PM.

#5 Shippoh

Shippoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

If this was possible, Genetics on Cart Boost and people on Speed Pot wouldn't be able to get out once the GX starts pummeling them.

Suppose they could pack a smokie card accessory and attempt to run or a gen can plant trap, easily defended not overpowered enabling this

#6 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

Perhaps they fear the possibility of one person controlling multiple accounts to attack the emp. It's an all or nothing matter; they cannot make ctrl work just for vs players.

#7 Shippoh

Shippoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

Perhaps they fear the possibility of one person controlling multiple accounts to attack the emp. It's an all or nothing matter; they cannot make ctrl work just for vs players.

If they really wanted multiple accounts to attack emp im sure there are Bot programs for that, which Im certain people use.
So its kinda...uhhh like really?

#8 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

hate to break it to you but people can auto attack an emp when iro is in windows mode by just puting the client in the back ground, in fact this can be done in full screen too. so that argument is invalid.

I for one would like no ctrl to work in woe, seeing a crit gx is just that point and click

Edited by Puppet, 13 December 2011 - 10:06 PM.

#9 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

hate to break it to you but people can auto attack an emp when iro is in windows mode by just puting the client in the back ground, in fact this can be done in full screen too. so that argument is invalid.

I for one would like no ctrl to work in woe, seeing a crit gx is just that point and click

nono im suuure thats the bot program he was talking about....

back on topic- Are you sure its not you that's causing the lag in woe? If everyone else seems to be getting along fine without having to ctrl click for so many years what makes you think it should be implemented now? There are MUCH BIGGER changes that should be made and addressed. But hey with gravity's track record I bet this would be heard and all the useful important threads will continue to be ignored.

#10 Shippoh

Shippoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

nono im suuure thats the bot program he was talking about....

back on topic- Are you sure its not you that's causing the lag in woe? If everyone else seems to be getting along fine without having to ctrl click for so many years what makes you think it should be implemented now? There are MUCH BIGGER changes that should be made and addressed. But hey with gravity's track record I bet this would be heard and all the useful important threads will continue to be ignored.

Who is everyone else? and how do you know they are fine? where are they? Give them time to respond and rethink your response later.
This may be a huge problem your just blind to see or GMs for that matter cuz I doubt it was discussed/remembered over the years, you can't just
decide whats more important in general for EVERYONE! We all have different points of interest/concerns, im just expressing mines and hoping some MOD agrees.

Let me least try Negative nathan

~

#11 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Question....Are you serious?-______-

.....too many trolls in this forums

#12 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

i dont woe so much anymore. but really...you wanna know something that is simple beyond this and would be much appreciated that still for all these long years has never been solved.....why is it when a sniper or ranger hides their animal doesnt........yah so good luck with your ctrl click. also the changing windows when duel logging isnt a bot program i do it in PVM all the time...the if you hold it when you alt tab it continues attacking...maybe its part of your mass lag issue....

#13 Shippoh

Shippoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Question....Are you serious?-______-

.....too many trolls in this forums

Obviously you cannot tell the difference between a Troll and someone being serious..
You have my pity :P

#14 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Obviously you cannot tell the difference between a Troll and someone being serious..
You have my pity :P

Ur asking for ctrl click to be enabled in woe and u pity me? No offense but its ppl like u that bring GX a bad name.

#15 Shippoh

Shippoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

Ur asking for ctrl click to be enabled in woe and u pity me? No offense but its ppl like u that bring GX a bad name.

Ahh now thats beings serious, theres your lesson for this evening :P

#16 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

... say hello to the new guy

and get a better isp

#17 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

How many noob it take....how many I wonder.

#18 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

Ahh now thats beings serious, theres your lesson for this evening :P

I generally dislike Chipotle, like GENERALLY, but you need to change your avatar before anyone takes you seriously, that :P is :) annoying.

#19 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

You aren't experienced enough to know how enabling ctrl+click is game breaking. Just imagine everyone making bow users with status bows, they can just ctrl+click you while statusing you indefinitely and still play their main chars.

#20 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

I generally dislike Chipotle, like GENERALLY, but you need to change your avatar before anyone takes you seriously, that :P is :P annoying.

So far noob count at 2?

#21 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

But who actually uses melee attacks in woe anyway?

And no, GX's don't count.

#22 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

hm im quite capable of holding down the mouse button with one hand and pressing hotkeys with the other. its not a big deal. I'd probably keep /nc off even if it was enabled on GX since disengaging can be a pain with /nc on.

#23 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

yeah, since I started playing without ctrl + click, I actually found that holding down the mouse to attack give you more control, previously in order to get your character to stop you had to click somewhere else on the screen first. No ctrl + click makes it much easier to chain skills into your melee.

#24 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

GX since disengaging + lag can be a pain suicidal with /nc on.

fixed. =P

#25 Shippoh

Shippoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

Thanks for all the replies I'll adjust according =)
Happy Winter solstice!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users