Feedback: Clashing Spiral - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:02 AM

The skill is nered too much. It deals less than HALF its original damage... its nerfed too much in my opinion... too much...

3/4 of its power should have been maintained at least.

(ex. im doing originally 20K+ damage with hunting spear...
at least nerf it around 15K damage bec. right now I'm only doing 9K damage)

#2 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:06 AM

Get Glorious Spear and Hundred Spear and you will do about 30k PVP without demi-reduction

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:09 AM

FINALLY LESS RK BOTS! RK bots fail now. :P

#4 Randalf

Randalf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:45 AM

Trans skill doing more than most 3rd class skills (and more than almost every other skill with Gloomy).

This nerf was a long time coming.

...since they're willing to nerf pre-3rd class skills, maybe Snap can be next ohohohoho.

#5 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

Clashing was broken when renewal came out. This is what it should have been. There's no reason for an LK to need to dish out that much damage. What monster at lvl99 even had enough hp to need cs damage that high?

#6 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

Clashing was broken when renewal came out. This is what it should have been. There's no reason for an LK to need to dish out that much damage. What monster at lvl99 even had enough hp to need cs damage that high?

Mutant Dragonoid and Zeatlous do not count, before someone tries to use them as examples.

Edited by asayuu, 14 December 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#7 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

Hundred Spears now does about the same damage as CS pre-nerf. And you can't Gloomy it. And Gloomy gives a much lower damage bonus to it. So it's all good for everyone now.

But I weep for newly transed LKs with their 5k Clashing Spirals :)

Edited by Streetfighta, 15 December 2011 - 07:24 AM.

#8 Hoeee

Hoeee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Problem is... how about those Lord Knights.. How do they lvl now without the CS..

#9 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

Problem is... how about those Lord Knights.. How do they lvl now without the CS..

Cmon man, seriously? I BB leveled with 25 str 1-2 shotting mobs. How can people not level because of a nerf to a skill that doesn't even greatly contribute to leveling?

#10 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

And you can't Gloomy it.

You don't even know the changes to the class that you play? Dunno if I should be surprised by your trouble at adapting. =/

@HRdevil:
These guys are noob. I am pretty sure they don't even realize 9k CS is enough to 1shot your way to RK.

Edited by Clogon, 15 December 2011 - 01:56 AM.

#11 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

Well they should at LEAST nerf it to 1/2 of its power...
because CS was nerfed BELOW HALF the LEVEL of its original power....

Personally... over pierce or CS LVL5... id rather pierce now.

A revert from trans skill to a 1st job skill is really quite a letdown :/

Edited by mikeberserkr, 15 December 2011 - 07:36 AM.

#12 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

You don't even know the changes to the class that you play? Dunno if I should be surprised by your trouble at adapting. =/

Thing is I don't really play my RK anymore. Plus I don't have a Gloomy slave to test Gloomy. I also have no trouble adapting, I just raised a Sura before the balance patch :)

And I have no problem with the CS nerf whatsoever, HS replaces it easily and is more balanced :D

Be more friendly :rofl:

#13 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

Oh no, you are doing 9k dmg, which is enough to kill any XP monster before lvl 99 one shot.

Also, like others mentionned, bowling bash is a much much more efficient way of leveling.

#14 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

Oh no, you are doing 9k dmg, which is enough to kill any XP monster before lvl 99 one shot.

Shiro.. i do hope you have an LK/RK... because what i am saying is from my experience... and that is not the case for me...

im not really complaining to much to though, Im just exerting an effort to post in an effort to be HEARD... :)

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hundred Spear should be made slightly stronger though...It requires so many pre-req's as well as the "One True" spear, the Glorious Spear. Hell it sucks for PvP/WoE considering all the reduction gears out there.

Crush Strike: Although easy to 1-shot people in WoE with it, what are RK's supposed to do beyond that?

Dragon Breath: Although resistances are still ignored at this time, there is a future update on kRO that basically fixes this. This means Dragon Breath is going to be nerfed even more in terms of PvP/WoE.

Hundred Spear: Looks just fine for PvM, but what about PvP/WoE? Even far worse in WoE due to reduction settings.

Storm Blast: Damage was nerfed...

Ignition Break: It's quite nice for PvM now, but......is it ever going to kill anyone in PvP/WoE?

Edited by GuardianTK, 15 December 2011 - 11:10 AM.

#16 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

Well one thing I noticed is that you can chain HS -> IB back to back almost instantly.

#17 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

Shiro.. i do hope you have an LK/RK... because what i am saying is from my experience... and that is not the case for me...

im not really complaining to much to though, Im just exerting an effort to post in an effort to be HEARD... :)

My friend has a LK and he borrowed my hunting spear, he one shots roween/desert wolves just fine with clashing spiral. The nerf was deserved.

#18 LordAddamisk

LordAddamisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

First Of all there is no balance with this patch.. it made alot of Classes over power.. u wanna balance something Make everyone Novies.. Clashing spiral Has been a Number one killer for alot of things.. who cares about pvp.. But In thors and Bios.. it is a main killer.. The nerf and this balance patch has done nothing but make things harder on alot class.. Yea People say get Kvm... do u kno what it take to get soo many Points... come on.. No one runs battle grounds no more.. they have crappy Ti's like bios that dont have the killers like they used to.. Its ridiculous. yes people may disagree on this but there are people who will agree!

#19 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

My friend has a LK and he borrowed my hunting spear, he one shots roween/desert wolves just fine with clashing spiral. The nerf was deserved.

Ah i see... im not talking about roweens... im talking about raydrics, ice titans, and chimeras and hodremlins to name a few... ... ..... not roweens :glomp:

i hope DB saves the day(when i become RK)

--- yeah i agree with lord too

#20 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:30 AM

Ah i see... im not talking about roweens... im talking about raydrics, ice titans, and chimeras and hodremlins to name a few... ... ..... not roweens :glomp:

i hope DB saves the day(when i become RK)

--- yeah i agree with lord too

NVM Raydrics, with that +4 Hunting spear you wont be able to 1 shot Dark Priests with lvl 5 CS + spear dynamo, and its a lvl 90+ monster that they suggest you to hunt on the 99TI boards. :glomp:

#21 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:06 AM

NVM Raydrics, with that +4 Hunting spear you wont be able to 1 shot Dark Priests with lvl 5 CS + spear dynamo, and its a lvl 90+ monster that they suggest you to hunt on the 99TI boards. :glomp:

arent we getting a little bit spoiled :glomp:

i dont mind 2 shotting the dark priest.. their weak monsters... the ones im talking about are the high lvl maps which i could previously go solo... now... i feel like a cow... but anyway... CS was nerfed TOO MUCH :)

#22 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Ymir / Classic

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

This don't affect my LK, +9 Tao with double sword guardian MMMMMMMMMMMM /endtroll

But yes, CS needed to nerf'ed sadly, With my stuff i was doing almost 36-40k CSs ..... yea I don't think it needed to hit like a nuclear bomb every time though we all have to admit that was awesome looking :glomp:

BB is better, does more damage, and hits multiple targets, come on now.

#23 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

Get Glorious Spear and Hundred Spear and you will do about 30k PVP without demi-reduction

That's hardly anything to brag about.

#24 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPanama

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

Just came back after a few months and find myself nerfed!

I must admit CS was just a little bit OP xD

But now, what is RK´s role gonna be with CS nerfec, future DB nerf and HP nerf again and again?

#25 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

Crush Strike: Although easy to 1-shot people in WoE with it, what are RK's supposed to do beyond that?

wait what? 1 shotting my genetic with crush strike isn't enough for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users