DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

So - storm blast got beaten to death with the nerf-bat, our hp got reduced, and our dragon breath is now effected by reduction gear. And clashing spiral sucks now, and hundred-spear is good.
We can't buff a nublet with Enchant Blade anymore and make them do 10x their normal damage and 1-shot monsters 10 lvls higher than them in 1 hit anymore.
Rhydo runes now work like MR and Exceed Break - this is good, since the timeout should start running as soon as you pop the rune (right?), so we can pop a rhydo as soon as we walk into a fort, and if it takes us a while to get to the action, we can poke someone with it and immediately recast it.

How are you all adjusting to this brutal violation of our right to be OP?

I guess the key questions are: (and i'm asking from a PVP/WoE point of view, since that's the only part of the game I play now).

* Did we get the nerf where 100 int and lvl 150 no longer blocks freeze? If so, we can abandon int, and go to a pure, classic SVD build. This would also help us with DB a little, as there will no longer be people defaulting fire armor (so we'll do 0.83 (hp change) * .6 * .73 = 0.36 times what we did before, assuming people didn't change armor, but against people who formerly defaulted fire armor, who aren't using it anymore, we'll do 1.45x what we did before).

* How good is Hundred Spear really? The correct weapon to use is a KVM spear, by the way, which is nice, since we all have one already! Is it worth getting? Will it kill people in woe?

* What do we do about the skill build?

The points taken for HS will preclude getting both Dragon Breath AND Rune Mast.

PT 3 + HS 10 (13 points for HS)
Dragon Training 5 Breath 10 (15 points for bad breath)
Rune Mast 10 (we're up to 38 points now - so no IB!)
and 12 points that there's nothing satisfying to use on? Maybe enchant blade, depending how it works with Rhydo runes.

* At least now we only need one weapon. The KVM spear is the first last and only device we need for laying low our enemies. Unfortunately, we're not nearly as good at that anymore.

So thoughts? What's worked and not worked for you? Are we still any good?

#2 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

i just want to know if the DB gear reduction is really true? i mean can u post SS with the damage diference or something?

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:08 AM

i just want to know if the DB gear reduction is really true? i mean can u post SS with the damage diference or something?

I havn't had a chance to play at all since the patch, which is why i'm posting here asking questions like the above post :-P

It's been known for some time that this was coming, though, and it would be a surprise if the change wasn't in. If it ISN'T in, and the freeze-mechanic change is, then DB got significantly more powerful.

Edit: we DID get the change to freeze mechanic. Dust off your unfrozens! Now, can someone go test and see if DB is effected by gear reduction?

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 December 2011 - 11:20 AM.

#4 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

well i tested hundred spear with a 150/50 trans RK with a kvm spear, with turisus, asir, aura blade and spear dynamo

i can get 40k - 45k on orc warriors, that depends if HS trigger spear boomerang, pretty sure u can get more with the right endow and gloomy

well, the near future with the bellum spear and urj set, this skill can become very powerfull

crush strike do not display the damage

stormblast is a lot weaker yes, but still useful in a combo

DB still strong

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

The resistance changes are not in this balance patch that we got. kRO started testing or has finished testing that recently, so we'll get that in time.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

The resistance changes are not in this balance patch that we got. kRO started testing or has finished testing that recently, so we'll get that in time.

Dun dun da dundundundun
Dun dun da dundundundun
Da dada da dadada WOO!!
Da dada da dadada YEAH!!

*dance*

Sounds like DB got buffed then! We lose about 15-17% to the hp mod, but now fewer people will default fire armor, so fewer people will be able to act like we're not DBing at all.

Also, that HS damage sounds badass! Maybe I was too pessimistic....

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 December 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#7 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

well i tested hundred spear with a 150/50 trans RK with a kvm spear, with turisus, asir, aura blade and spear dynamo

i can get 40k - 45k on orc warriors, that depends if HS trigger spear boomerang, pretty sure u can get more with the right endow and gloomy

well, the near future with the bellum spear and urj set, this skill can become very powerfull

crush strike do not display the damage

stormblast is a lot weaker yes, but still useful in a combo

DB still strong

How about damage against non-demihuman monsters? Or damage with another spear? And what is your base strength?

I am thinking about resetting for hundred spears as well; CS dmg is pretty sad right now even with gloomy.

#8 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

How about damage against non-demihuman monsters? Or damage with another spear? And what is your base strength?

I am thinking about resetting for hundred spears as well; CS dmg is pretty sad right now even with gloomy.

I can report a bit:

RK 105 (no runes yet)
STR 90 (+4)
hundredspear 7
+4 hunting spear
Naga = 14890-15500 VS current CS of 14-14.4K
Cornus = 14-14.8K VS CS 13-14K
dark pingthingy 12300-13000 VS CS roughly the same

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

Buncha numbers:

http://img823.images...nymirvip025.jpg

Wielding +12 CEB, +12 KVM, with 103 str, 101 vit, 146 int (sleips yo), 100 dex, dynamo/aurablade/endow - Storm Blast does 42-50k damage to orcs.

Under similar conditions, CS does 15k with kingbird hunting spear, 16k with KVM spear. IB does 27k or so without element, 50k with (note that orcs, being earth ele, take more damage because of that).

Post stat reset, same gear, 4 str, 6 vit, 37 int, 10 dex

Hundred Spear 27k without endow, 37k with endow (note: THIS IS WITH NO STR!!!). Turisas rune adds like 1.5-3k damage.

IB does 35k with endow, 17k without.

Added str to 50, dex to 60, Hundred Spear with endow was doing 45k, 50k with Turisas. 100 str, and it was 35k unendowed, 54k endowed. Add Turisas, 39k and 58k.

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 December 2011 - 09:58 PM.

#10 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

You don't need unfrozen or undead armour. You have Stone skin. It gives you immunity to Frozen and Petrification AND at least 50% magic damage reduction with its 125 mdef boost. Also they buffed Fear status, you cannot be immune to it with 100 int anymore. So now you have a 2s immobilization against those pesky enemies!

#11 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

You don't need unfrozen or undead armour. You have Stone skin. It gives you immunity to Frozen and Petrification AND at least 50% magic damage reduction with its 125 mdef boost. Also they buffed Fear status, you cannot be immune to it with 100 int anymore. So now you have a 2s immobilization against those pesky enemies!

Shhhhh don't let people catch onto that. So many -_-ty rks out there. Tell them in a few weeks after they start QQ'ing like the little b!tches they are.

#12 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

Shhhhh don't let people catch onto that. So many -_-ty rks out there. Tell them in a few weeks after they start QQ'ing like the little b!tches they are.

GUYS!! o.o!! WHAT THE PLUCK! "throws rock and clunks it off Clogon and Mr.Budd in a 2 and 1 session"

#13 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:25 AM

I abandon my RK.

Edited by razirazo, 15 December 2011 - 02:25 AM.

#14 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

Anyone try Hundred Spears on ghost property monsters? One of RK's main purpose was to kill ghost property monsters / mvps with CS before. Also, HS can miss if you don't have enough hit?

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

Anyone try Hundred Spears on ghost property monsters? One of RK's main purpose was to kill ghost property monsters / mvps with CS before. Also, HS can miss if you don't have enough hit?

Unfortunately. Worse still, Crush Strike can miss too.

Looks like sesame pastry time.

#16 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

Unfortunately. Worse still, Crush Strike can miss too.

Looks like sesame pastry time.

Anyone tried using a Bapho MVP carded weapon with crush strike to see if the splash damage procs since it is counted as a normal melee attack?

#17 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

Anyone tried using a Bapho MVP carded weapon with crush strike to see if the splash damage procs since it is counted as a normal melee attack?

Was there a bapho card for sale on sakray?

#18 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

Was there a bapho card for sale on sakray?

Dunno, there should be a bapho carded weapon a RK can equip on Ymir somewhere though, I can't believe that after all these years on chaos iris and loki + the merge + the old playabe sakray that no one was a bapho card on something...

#19 FrozenSky

FrozenSky

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

Does ASPD affect the spammability of HS?

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

Does ASPD affect the spammability of HS?

No.

It has a painfully long skill reuse delay, unreducible by anything. You can alternate between HS and spiral (and with spiral caring less about weight, you can keep the KVM spear on and spiral will do about 1/3rd what HS does). Or put Crush Strike up first, and HS -> poke stuff.

#21 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

Dunno, there should be a bapho carded weapon a RK can equip on Ymir somewhere though, I can't believe that after all these years on chaos iris and loki + the merge + the old playabe sakray that no one was a bapho card on something...

the splash effect from bapho card isnt increased by cs... so main target would take 30k+ dmg, everything surrounding would prolly take about 1k or watever ur atk is

#22 FrozenSky

FrozenSky

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

No.

It has a painfully long skill reuse delay, unreducible by anything. You can alternate between HS and spiral (and with spiral caring less about weight, you can keep the KVM spear on and spiral will do about 1/3rd what HS does). Or put Crush Strike up first, and HS -> poke stuff.

So what Stat build do you recommend for a HS/DB build?
I'm level 80 and my current stat is around (excluding bonuses):
Str 85
Agi 40
Vit 45
Dex 45
Int 1

So the agi i've added is basically useless for a HS/DB build?
And how much int do you think I should add?
I'm planning to reset this build before I reach a higher level and I'm hoping to use this build for PVP.
So any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by FrozenSky, 19 December 2011 - 04:32 PM.

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

So what Stat build do you recommend for a HS/DB build?
I'm level 80 and my current stat is around (excluding bonuses):
Str 85
Agi 40
Vit 45
Dex 45
Int 1

So the agi i've added is basically useless for a HS/DB build?
And how much int do you think I should add?
I'm planning to reset this build before I reach a higher level and I'm hoping to use this build for PVP.
So any input would be greatly appreciated -_-

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU LEVELING WITH 45 DEX?! Don't you miss all the time?!

By 150 you should have:

100+ str
100+ dex
100 vit
1 agi

Rest of points are debatable, I'm still not sure what i'm doing on mine. You want some points for int, but I'm not sure how much. For leveling, int isn't quite as important, since you use a rideword hat for that anyway. You might also want to get more str or more dex. Some have mooted the idea of luk + crit gear, since crush strike can crit (and does 1.5x damage when it does), but i'm unconvinced of this being worth the stat points.

For skills, make sure you pick up spear dynamo (and aurablade, though it helps much less), it's now the most important LK skill.

#24 Fijas

Fijas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hmm, do the recent changes make IB obsolete? From a skill perspective HS/DB sounds nice, but IB/HS works better from a stat allocation point of view, given the fact that you don't need int, no? Plus is leveling very efficient if you're a low-mid-level RK without BB/IB?

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hmm, do the recent changes make IB obsolete? From a skill perspective HS/DB sounds nice, but IB/HS works better from a stat allocation point of view, given the fact that you don't need int, no? Plus is leveling very efficient if you're a low-mid-level RK without BB/IB?

IB is not obsolete - IB does more dmaage, and DB less damage vs prerenewal. IB/HS does look better from stat alloc perspective, though DB doesn't need that much int (1 sp helps alot more than 1 hp, for damage, but you don't get much sp from adding int, so you shouldn't go int-crazy on an RK)

The problem is that DB is unique in being one of the only ways to get decent AoE damage on ghosts. If I had Ignition Break, instead of Dragon Breath, I couldn't go to endless tower on RK - RK gets taken to ET soley because dragon breath is the only decent way to kill a surprising number of monsters.

I have not experienced low lvl RK leveling post spiral nerf.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users