#1 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

Lighting ride

cast time is un called for now its cast time is same as zen (old zen cast time cause the custom cast times we had are gone) 3 seconds Lighting ride cast time 100 dex = 3 seconds. Not cool considering the ammount of damage the skill does. and no have RD 10 no longer makes up for the deficiency of the skill. remove the cast time please. Why not put a cast time on Rampaging blast and skyblow too..... that is sarcasim if you didnt catch it we now only have one feasble mob control skill which is skyblow which does even worse damage but more spamable then LR was.

Gist
10 seconds we cant use sp items is bad idea considering it suras from using any skills. (not to mention the fact that we can still use them and spam them its just dont give us sp which in return wastes sp item and no a icon timmer for this does not makes this better)
Fist already takes all our sp and disable our natural regen of sp for 5 minutes
If this was done to one of every skill on every other class in the game you would have riot on your hands.
If you dead set on this then put the 10 sec cool down on fist it self.

Edited by Puppet, 14 December 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#2 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

If you dead set on this then put the 10 sec cool down on fist it self.

Perfect solution right there! You can even make it 15, just don't make me waste valuable SP items pls.

#3 chuquer

chuquer

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Nice!

I felt the zen's cast time is slowly! And it's an abuse do LR with cast with this stupid damage. How I'll up? with rampage blast that spends 150 SP for EACH cast? (the new cast time of zen won't help too =}) or skyblow that does a sh.it damage? The Suras have a deficient SP to cast compairing the SP cost os hist skills and still f.ck them more?

Edited by chuquer, 14 December 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#4 Jaliboy

Jaliboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 645 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

I didn't like the gfist nerf. The 10 seconds of no use of sp items is unfair, in terms of mvping. How are you supposed to escape from the mvp (by means of snap) when you can't even use sp pots? Not all mvps die in 1 fist. I prefer a super delay of gfist (like 15seconds) rather than be useless trying to escape from the mvp boss.

#5 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

Wouldn't mind an even larger delay on the skill re-use than that. Heck, up to 1 minute if you think it's that overpowered.

And LR... could work with Strings, other than that, it doesn't exactly suck, but I finish my cast (with 124 total Dex at the moment) AFTER other casters in my party and do less damage (or none because everything's already dead).

#6 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Zen got a iRO customization of 1.2 seconds soo it was reverted back to kro patch cast time, fist really needs to be a 10 second cooldown and have ability to get sp back.

#7 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

Concerning the mvping and escaping after a fist, I recommend just using a flywing, pot Sp back up, and return to the mvp for a second fist.

Concerning the SP recovery after a fist, I think it's totally uncalled for. Gfist isn't our most OP skill. Cursed Circle is, and it's this skill that needs a massive rework and a large cooldown.

#8 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

LR isn't even that strong, the only reason it was useful was because it was spammable.

Gfist does actually have an icon after you fist. At least it does for me.
I think it should just have a 10 second delay on gfist if they really want to slow down it's use. No SP recovery is kind of stupid

#9 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:01 AM

LR isn't even that strong, the only reason it was useful was because it was spammable.

Gfist does actually have an icon after you fist. At least it does for me.
I think it should just have a 10 second delay on gfist if they really want to slow down it's use. No SP recovery is kind of stupid

that icon only show the we that we cant get sp back from anything after fisting. we can still spam items and waste them. Like many other put the have said put the cooldown on fist. and remove the cast time on LR as it is now useless in partys as by time you cast in party the stuff probably died from other people casts, and in solo purpose it is not usless to us cause of that cast time

#10 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Ymir / Classic

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

Seriously, why wasn't a cooldown placed on Fist? It was a much better idea than we can't use any items to recover SP. We were supposed to start using our other skills more but instead have a even worse LR and cast times now.

PLEASE, reconsider this. 30 Second CD on Fist, remove the cast time on LR or increase it's damage by X% to compensate.

#11 chuquer

chuquer

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

Skills that consume a lot of SP and damage is not so high as well. Remove the cast of the LR, and improve the damage. By God!

The *ZEN* is the basis for leveling, for God's sake. Reduce the cast. Think of the suras that are not combo. OMG -.- '

Edited by chuquer, 15 December 2011 - 11:45 AM.

#12 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

Its going to be hell for Suras to level up now.

#13 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

Seems like it'll be just as easy, tbh. Lightning Ride isn't necessary or even mandatory for leveling, you have other skills at your disposal. Sky Net Blow all the way to 128 ish, then switch to Tiger Cannon all the way to 150/50.

Edited by Asea, 15 December 2011 - 12:28 PM.

#14 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

Seems like it'll be just as easy, tbh. Lightning Ride isn't necessary or even mandatory for leveling, you have other skills at your disposal. Sky Net Blow all the way to 128 ish, then switch to Tiger Cannon all the way to 150/50.

Some people are not agi, builds so skyblow is usless and some people dont like the whole take your HP/SP deal in chunks for a aoe leveling skill

#15 nikespawn

nikespawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Val

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

agi give only 20% damage to skyblow.
and using after Dragon Combo get bonus +150 AGI.

#16 chuquer

chuquer

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

I realize there are people who never played with class sura! Skyblow for agility and the damage is already so ridiculous! Brainless! You have to play a little with the thickness to realize that it is very difficult to level. Even more so now if you are not a combo. ABSURDITY NOT TALK WITHOUT KNOWING!

Dam.n (my suc.k english!!)

#17 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

You really think so? Because I made my Sura 150/50 in about a week mainly leveling off of Sky Net Blow. And this is with very few of the gramps turn-ins and mostly grinding off of certain maps. The damage is still very nice, even without agi.

#18 chuquer

chuquer

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

Congratulations, you're sura and is defending this patch? (Skill balance? Ahuahuuhauhau make me laugh) A sura that uses only Skyblow leveling? LR with cast, with the same ridiculous damage, spells with high mana cost. Very good! Brainless!

How much would this damage with this incredible max your lvl?
And do not forget I still have to level up until you arrive at your level, ok?? Ridiculous.

#19 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Balance is good, but a game that prides itself in diversity shouldn't try to force you to give up on your chosen build.

#20 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

I am here to give guidance to future non LR Sura leveler. Please watch this video

The video was made 9 months ago, at that time we had no turn in events and no BM x3, so leveling was harsher than what we have right now.
I hope you guys could learn something from it. Please don't mind the RCX.

Edited by blitzrick, 15 December 2011 - 03:05 PM.

#21 chuquer

chuquer

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

hum.. we will see later!

#22 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

I am here to give guidance to future non LR Sura leveler. Please watch this video
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FSFkg9YARq0
The video was made 9 months ago, at that time we had no turn in events and no BM x3, so leveling was harsher than what we have right now.

and if i not mistake that sura had 2x megs cause skyblow wont be doing that damage with out it, now come back to reality. Damage wise LR has alway done more damage then sky blow . The points is none of the sura AOE skills have cast times, just cool downs. if you gonna put cast time on one might as well do cast time on them all to complete the nerf...... Zen already has cast time and not very nice one which why most the AOE skills where instant. CC does way more damage then sky blow and lighting ride, yet it has much fast cast time.

most the balance complaints are gear towards WOE, No one uses LR in woe it used to level nothing more. sorta like SKYBLOW,and RAMPAGING BLAST arnt use in woe either.

Edited by Puppet, 15 December 2011 - 03:54 PM.

#23 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

and if i not mistake that sura had 2x megs

You're not mistaken. The video poster said in a reply comment that 2 megs were used.

As a matter of fact, I did learn something. I learned that God Items were used in order to make that leveling strategy viable:

@zerocazador1515 I don't remember exact stats I had on the video above. Gears were Megs x 2, Brynhild, +7 Immune Nidhoggur Manteau, Variant Shoes, +7 Cranial Shield, +7 Double Malicious Carga, +7 Rideword Hat, Peerless Elven Ears, Fish in The Mouth. Hope it helps.

gal3rd1a 2 months ago

The thing is, we don't all have double-megs. Show a video of Bio2 being effectively solo'ed by a mid-130's Sura without any God Items, post-balance patch, and then the lesson you're trying to teach might actually be useful. :glomp:

#24 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

Congratulations, you're sura and is defending this patch? (Skill balance? Ahuahuuhauhau make me laugh) A sura that uses only Skyblow leveling? LR with cast, with the same ridiculous damage, spells with high mana cost. Very good! Brainless!

How much would this damage with this incredible max your lvl?
And do not forget I still have to level up until you arrive at your level, ok?? Ridiculous.

Yes, I play a Sura. And yes, I am defending this aspect of the patch because there are other methods to leveling than Lightning Ride. The only thing I don't agree with is the SP issue after Guillotine Fist. And I also don't agree with the fact that Cursed Circle was not nerfed.

You're calling me brainless where there are turn-ins every week for which retards like you who cannot level can get to 150 with little to no trouble. If you can't solo, resort to parties and get over it. But I can assure you that if I were to level another Sura right now at this point after this patch balance, I can guarantee you that with very standard gears I'll be able to get to 150 with no problems along the way. Only lazy people that cannot adapt to changes in a game are unable to level.

This game is too easy. People like you complain up the ass to ruin it and make it retard mode.

Edited by Asea, 15 December 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#25 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

@Dreimdal, Puppet
Sorry to disappoint you, I did level there without Megs and it was doable. I wore megs in the video because I have an access to use them and for the pleasant of the viewers. Who wants to see an average joe's video afterall?
One more thing I want to emphasize, the only difference of Megs and non Megs is your killing speed. Obviously you will kill faster with Megs because you do higher dps. It's not that the Sura do a oneshot kill where Megs is required. And what slower here means is only about two seconds apart. This difference effects your exp / hour and hp item used / hour.

I admit LR 3s cast time is harsh, but the change is in and will be reviewed later by iRO and kRO developer. So deal with it until they fix LR to become desirable again. Good luck with you guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users