The Balance Patch Feed Back - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Balance Patch Feed Back

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Karuvin

Karuvin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

I don't know where to put this, so I'll put it here. Just started testing out the patch.

Thoughts:

I'm a mainly PVM, MVP kind of player. I don't woe much.

Seems that shadow chasers lost some of their versatility.

Thoughts on Rune Knight

I can go along with the following:

Storm blast nerf
Dragon Breath reduction in WOE only
Nerfing clashing spiral and Upping Hundred Spear
Gloomy now removes mounts.

I don't get the following:

Nerfing our already nerfed HP - Two nerfs already
Nerfing DB in PVM setting
Reduced times on the RUNES.

I feel like alot of balance patches involves balances in WOE. Which is good since WOE is a big part of the game, but I don't understand why balance patches have to hit the PVM players as well.

How about just nerfing characters in woe, leave the PVM players alone.

#2 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

earth grave and varetyr spear casting times and weaker damage really hurts the sorcerer in PVM settings

#3 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

HP nerfs aren't cool. Two major offensive skills (CS and SB) got nerfed, no need to nerf Dragon Breath as well.

#4 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Change Arrow Vulcan's cast time back!

#5 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

I usually post about nerfing the sura, but i always prevent myself of over-reacting and make comments that could hurt, and even with a change that could hurt the class, thats why we ask to disable cursed circle or snap in woe BUT NOW..........

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERF, PLS........... Neeeeeeeeeeeeeerdfsdfasdasdasdasdasdas GX ITS INSANE!!!! 5k per hit with cros impact? and 14k per hit with rolling cutter? :)

#6 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

For sorcs...

• Max HP decreased (All builds).
  • Slower cast while not stronger, for several skills (Spell Casters).
  • Spell Fist lost 1/6 of its power (Spell Fighters).
  • ASPD for 2-h staves severely reduced (Spell Fighters).

For homunculi:

• Their Flee is real (what the window shows).
  • Global Coolowns are no longer bypassed by Vapo/Call.

Anything else? :)

#7 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

Change Arrow Vulcan's cast time back!

Ive been wondering too if they forgot the iro specific changes or if they decided to stick to kro even if they didnt improve it from laziness.

This post still the best regarding cast of skills kro denies the existences of (and doesnt update for renewal mechanics)
http://forums.warppo...946#entry177946
Its not like its gonna affect woe or something, it just wont be horrible and make the pre 100 time more fun.

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

Ive been wondering too if they forgot the iro specific changes or if they decided to stick to kro even if they didnt improve it from laziness.

This post still the best regarding cast of skills kro denies the existences of (and doesnt update for renewal mechanics)
http://forums.warppo...946#entry177946
Its not like its gonna affect woe or something, it just wont be horrible and make the pre 100 time more fun.

We did not forget, the intention was to implement the skills first, then adjust. We'd rather say "you broke this" to HQ then have them say it was our custom changes.

#9 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

is GX balance?

#10 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

We did not forget, the intention was to implement the skills first, then adjust. We'd rather say "you broke this" to HQ then have them say it was our custom changes.

See now if that was said from the get go, I'm sure there would have been less rage.

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

For sorcs...

• Max HP decreased (All builds).
  • Slower cast while not stronger, for several skills (Spell Casters).
  • Spell Fist lost 1/6 of its power (Spell Fighters).
  • ASPD for 2-h staves severely reduced (Spell Fighters).

Bleh multi-quote failed, I meant to comment on this in that I whole heartedly agree. The HP mod was insanely un-needed, I sat and thought about it and I could not come up with a single reason why. Increasing cast time and not getting more damage for it was a bit of a low blow too. But really spellfist did not need a nerf, its already nerfed by design on how you have to activate it.

#12 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

after casting crushing strike, next hit will be that skill right? what will happen if u miss? you have to wait 30 sec before you can use it again?

#13 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

In regards to the iRO custom cast times, this should have been made clear from the start and mentioned in the patch notes. Big communication failure there Oda. It had been a big deal for the community back when we finally got some changes to the cast times for particular trans skills earlier in the year. There had been countless long winded threads and discussions before this, attempting to explain to Heim just what the problem was (before he could even try and sell HQ on the idea) and then a quite few weeks of adjusting all the skills in question. Anyhow, something should have said - as it did appear (seeing as this issue was mentioned countless times in the bug reports thread for Sakray, with no responses) that it had either been forgotten in the rush to go live (our end not requesting it) or just removed on purpose (Korean HQ decision). Anyhow it would be nice to know, when our custom cast times will return. Are we talking days, weeks or months?

Edited by lainee, 14 December 2011 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users