Long time RO player thinking about coming back - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Long time RO player thinking about coming back

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

I was talking to an old RO friend a few days ago and I had one of those almost painfully nostalgic moments as we talked about how RO was a couple of years ago. So I thought I might give the game a shot again with Christmas break from university coming up soon. My main concern is that I'm worried that the game might have changed so much that I won't like it anymore, because of the renewal changes. What do the long time players think about RO post-renewal? How's the population on the servers? And what's the game like these days? I liked most things about the game, but especially WoE and leveling in the higher tier dungeons(bio labs, thors, nameless, abyss, etc) because of the interesting party dynamics in the game, so I'm the most curious about those aspects. Also, if I come back, will my gear be completely useless? I remember that I had pretty decent gear.

I used to play on Loki, and for a while on Ymir still pre-renewal. Most of my characters' names were variations of ZoDIaC(Yeah I know, the capitalization is retarded, I was young okay!) or Locien, and I had a champ named Boom Headshot !!. If anyone recognizes me, why don't you give me a shout :)

Sorry for bombarding you with questions. I hope someone would take their time to answer them, I'd appreciate it <3

#2 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

The third jobs are an extremely different feel, and I cannot say that you will like/dislike it because you have to try it. As for gears, if you had vshields, valk sets, ifrit sets, and sorts.. It probably still is good. Population wise the most popular server is Valkyrie, with Ymir as the second most populated and Ygg trailing back. WoE wise competition is still pretty okay. PVM wise there's this system called turn-ins, which is the only way you could get a leveling party (outside guildmates/friends, of course).

Hope I answered some of your questions.

#3 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

The game is free, it'll be quite easy for you to log on and simply try it out yourself, especially if you have the info to your account handy! Ymir only requires payment to create characters, but if you already have them made, you can try it out for free.

#4 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

adding you can download sakray too and test a couple of things by yourself, also, remember the most fun is be part of one guild and play woe

#5 Ehwang

Ehwang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Server:Valk.

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

I'm a recent returnee! The game did change but only in leveling. It seriously got more easier due to the many turn in quests that are available and repeatable. I mean come on, I got was level 79 priest and got to level 92 high priest in casual gaming time (school and work) in about 2-3 weeks. Besides that not much changed much IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users