Regarding Constants - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Regarding Constants

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Okay, having come across an absolutely stupid number of people who have never once leveled in the Kiel Hyre Dungeon, I've decided to take it upon myself to make this guide on how to deal with the annoyance that is DUN DUN DUN!!!! CONSTANTS!.

First of all, it should be noted that there are technically two different types of constants. The first is the very fast moving type that will randomly explode all over the place. These are not really a big deal and don't do much damage. The second is the slow moving constant. These guys are the trouble makers. It has just barely over 12,000 hp, and it will use self destruct if it:

1)Receives and kind of damage
2)Is affected by a skill that can trigger autocasts such as a successful spirit sphere absorption, or provoke.

Self Destruct deals splash damage in a very large range, and the total damage is equal to the remaining HP of the constant. A constant will not explode if it is immobilized (i.e. root, frozen, stunned, stone cursed, etc.) but bear in mind that as soon as it is freed from that stat, it will immediately target the person that dealt damage to it and self destruct if it has not been killed by that point. Self Destruct can be avoided with the Hide skill, but will damage anyone who is using the cloak skill.

So, that pretty much sums it up. If you've got sader class in party, make sure they're not using shield reflect as that could spell sudden doom on your entire party.

For exact stats on Constants, please check out the irowiki database at http://db.irowiki.org/db

#2 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

It's fun to troll there and throw stone on one next to someone and hide so they don't switch targets.

#3 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

so.. yeah last time we have water armor as pre req(splendide TI)
now anyone without ifrit armor have high potency to ragequit after single TI.

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

It's easy to handle them on any Thief class or anyone with a Hiding accessory though. Hit them once and then immediately Hide. Just beware that their self-destruct will also kill the monsters that surround them at the time of explosion.

#5 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

It's easy to handle them on any Thief class or anyone with a Hiding accessory though. Hit them once and then immediately Hide. Just beware that their self-destruct will also kill the monsters that surround them at the time of explosion.

Right. They're not really a problem when you're soloing. It's when you're in a big party that it's an issue. Easiest way is to just gwing away, though it's also possible to just have a point man assigned to dealing with them. I was doing that (sort of) with my champ using mental strength.

#6 Gigahertz2011

Gigahertz2011

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

I once had a taekwon mission for Alice, and constants became the bane of my existence.

Edited by Gigahertz2011, 15 December 2011 - 01:05 AM.

#7 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

With fire armor and peno card, they only did about 1.5k damage to me with Self Destruct, but I'm sure a lot of the people in that level range don't have those gears. (Pasana isn't as cheap as Swordfish.)

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:23 AM

Smokie cards should still be pretty affordable though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users