Don't thrust WPE sellers by their guild... - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Don't thrust WPE sellers by their guild...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#26 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

names of characters are not going to be revealed

I find this highly amusing because the third picture still shows the scammer's name.

#27 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

I find this highly amusing because the third picture still shows the scammer's name.

And she was asked to fix it.

#28 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

@@ I'm sorry there was still a name showing, I has re-edited the edit.

#29 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

@@ I'm sorry there was still a name showing, I has re-edited the edit.

i still see the name

Edited by Inubashiri, 17 December 2011 - 12:59 AM.
do not post names of characters in any way

#30 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

Droyd, if you have proof or something you can have justice. Just send in a ticket.

And take that link off or the mods might kill you.

Edited by kite24, 16 December 2011 - 08:59 PM.

#31 Legalius

Legalius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

I don't see what's wrong in naming names. It might help prevent that person from scamming someone else the same way. Keeping it all hush-hush would just encourage more such scams. This forum rule is archaic imo.

#32 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

omfg whos tha guy!! pm me ill go bully him ,gg

#33 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

I don't see what's wrong in naming names. It might help prevent that person from scamming someone else the same way. Keeping it all hush-hush would just encourage more such scams. This forum rule is archaic imo.

First, what if tomorrow someone posted a screenshot of your character and made a story up about you, whether it was true or not people would condemn you and it would usually end up being a stigma on you that you could never get rid of.

Second, if someone is scamming people and you post it here and they see it, then they are aware they are in trouble and may either stop or decide to start launder the items or zeny into more untraceable means.

Third, on a related note, this is not as far fetched as you might think. I've gotten plenty of private messages where one person tried to implicate another and the reverse turned out to be true or it was just something made up all together. No joke.

Edited by Inubashiri, 17 December 2011 - 01:10 AM.

#34 Legalius

Legalius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

First, what if tomorrow someone posted a screenshot of your character and made a story up about you, whether it was true or not people would condemn you and it would usually end up being a stigma on you that you could never get rid of.

Second, if someone is scamming people and you post it here and they see it, then they are aware they are in trouble and may either stop or decide to start launder the items or zeny into more untraceable means.

Third, on a related note, this is not as far fetched as you might think. I've gotten plenty of private messages where one person tried to implicate another and the reverse turned out to be true or it was just something made up all together. No joke.

1. There'd be a heated discussion. If neither of us can offer any proof, it would just be ignored. The point I am making is that scammer or not, no one has the right to maintain their reputation, since that exists only in someone else's mind. It's a personal choice whether to allow it or not, but imo forums would be much more lively if naming names, in whatever context, was not frowned upon. If you cannot talk about scammers, bug exploiters, rude people etc. "just to be safe" pretty soon there would be no active discussions at all as people will lose interest in the forums.

2. It shouldn't matter since the items aren't going to be restored anyway.

3. That happens when there's a fall out among friends. IMO, its good entertainment for the community if there are such posts on the forum.

Of course, everything depends on how you want the WarpPortal forums to be perceived by the community. As a former player of India RO, I'm used to a lively one where anything goes, except flames and outright name calling.

#35 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:29 AM

1. There'd be a heated discussion. If neither of us can offer any proof, it would just be ignored. The point I am making is that scammer or not, no one has the right to maintain their reputation, since that exists only in someone else's mind. It's a personal choice whether to allow it or not, but imo forums would be much more lively if naming names, in whatever context, was not frowned upon. If you cannot talk about scammers, bug exploiters, rude people etc. "just to be safe" pretty soon there would be no active discussions at all as people will lose interest in the forums.

2. It shouldn't matter since the items aren't going to be restored anyway.

3. That happens when there's a fall out among friends. IMO, its good entertainment for the community if there are such posts on the forum.

Of course, everything depends on how you want the WarpPortal forums to be perceived by the community. As a former player of India RO, I'm used to a lively one where anything goes, except flames and outright name calling.

1. Bottom line, rules are rules. Follow them. You agree to these whether you chose to read them or not in the User Agreement (14. Unacceptable Content, Section B ) and the Account Policy (4. Game Policies)
2. It creates more not less work for the staff to have to track all that down, time that could be spent helping other people who need it.
3. These forums are not for that type of entertainment.

Edited by Inubashiri, 17 December 2011 - 02:40 AM.

#36 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

Don't thrust WPE sellers by their guild.

Id like to add The Converse Holds True Too.

Don't thrust WPE Buyers by their guild.

Verification of the other person involves considerable effort :glomp:

P.S
I have sold WPE (albeit higher prices than the rest) mostly during event times . Regardless of the buyers guild/level/Fame I have always sold with zeny first. Which did happen with them taking proper steps to find about me and my legitimacy :glomp: To all the rest who stated their fame / guild/level as being proof enough for me to deal the codes first , i have respectfully declined. I figure if ppl know me they would have no issue and if they didn't know me and couldn't verify things about me they probably aren't worth making a trade with.

#37 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

aww poor kad....

bear hugzz
Posted Image

:glomp: :) :glomp:

#38 Jeminice

Jeminice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAl De Baran
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

I'm sure a lot of us saw the scammer's character name. Too bad for those who didn't see it. LOL

Anyway, sorry to hear that you got scammed! I'm sure you'll get it back. And for the person who scammed you. I'm sure he/she's reading this thread and laughing over it. And I hope you get a punishment you deserved. :glomp:

#39 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

It's kinda funny how in every MMO you can't post the names of scammers, but on a kids game like neopets you can tell everybody and anybody 40 times over

Then again it's a double edged sword both ways

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 17 December 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#40 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

If a thread about something that pretty much everyone could agree on like "using prison labor for gold farming is bad" can devolve into threats of bodily harm, I wouldn't expect exploit/scam/bot call out threads to maintain even that level of civility. For my sanity, and for the GMs I ask that you guys don't put up character names and screenshots for this kind of thing.

#41 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

If a thread about something that pretty much everyone could agree on like "using prison labor for gold farming is bad" can devolve into threats of bodily harm, I wouldn't expect exploit/scam/bot call out threads to maintain even that level of civility. For my sanity, and for the GMs I ask that you guys don't put up character names and screenshots for this kind of thing.

what about posting only the names of people that was find guilty? or perma baned?

#42 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

If the same scammer does it again 2-3 more times, I'm pretty sure censoring his/her name would be POINTLESS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users