Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:30 PM
So I was making a second Sura for fun and I thought: "Hey, I'll make an AGI combo Sura!"
But then I realized that the Sura combos can only be used after Dragon Punch, and Dragon Punch can only be used either alone or after Raging Trifecta Blow. This basically rules out the need for any of the monk/champion combos because of the low damage and lack of AoE (the name of the game in renewal) without a linker.
So here's a silly idea:
1. Make Trifecta Blow and Dragon Punch the combo starters.
2. Make Guillotine Fist and Gates of Hell the combo finishers.
3. In between, let the Sura use any skill in their skill tree that A ) does damage and B ) they have enough spheres and sp to cast.
4. Remove cast times for combo'd skills but keep skill cooldowns/global delays if there are any.
5. No skill can be used twice in a row.
6. The combo ends when the person fails to trigger the next skill, they don't have enough SP/Spheres, or the finishing move is used (GF/GoH). If the enemy is dead, they can still be beat on until the sura chooses to use a finisher.
7. Prereqs in the combo chain still matter for skills like TC and GoH, but FE and SNB can be used after Trifecta Blow.
8. At least 2 skills have to be used between the combo starters and finishers.
9. Area skills like TC, RB, Windmill, Lion's, etc, could only be used after two single target skills are used. So if do RTB, RQB, RT, and then TC, I'd have to use TSS, and OI before I could use RB for instance.
10. Once the combo finisher is unlocked (able to be used after the starter and 2 other skills), Sura gains +50 equipment attack for every combo afterwards if using a fist weapon.
And yes I mean all skills: Occult Impaction, Throw Spirit Sphere, Raging Quadruple Blow, Raging Thrust, Raging Palm Strike, Glacial Fist, Chain Crush Combo, Gentle Touch: Silence, Earth Shaker, Fallen Empire, Tiger Cannon, Lightning Ride, Howling Lion, Sky Blow, Rampage Blaster, Windmill, and Knuckle Arrow.
Seems like it could be OP, but only when fighing single enemies which is what Suras should be good at. No one's going to lock themselves into a long combo during WoE anyway though, so it's really just for PvM and PvP. Besides, without being able to stop to SSS, Zen or RD, Suras would have to rely on weaker skills like RQB and OI in hopes to get spheres from energy gain so they could continue the combo. It'd be fun to see who could get the longest combo.