Should I switch from Yggdrasil to Valkyrie - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Should I switch from Yggdrasil to Valkyrie

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Flysheepy

Flysheepy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

It's been a very long time since I played RO(like a year sth). My characters are all at yggdrasil.
I went into the server as soon as i finished downloaded. The server is still as dead as it was in the past.
I am just debating whether if I should switch to Valkyrie. It feels like playing a solo leveling game if there aren't enough players.
Any opinions?

#2 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

I'd prefer playing solo than with a bunch of bots.

#3 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

there's actually lots of players in valkyrie (that are non bots)

some people i know enjoyed valkyrie more than ymir/ygg in that sense.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Switch to Ymir if you want a better party experience. That's just my opinion coz I play in Ymir also.

#5 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

Yea Valkyrie server has lots of ppl add up those bots :) but I'm sure you will enjoy our WoEs because of the population. :)

No idea about other servers but I still think to play Ygg & Ymir to try their PvP/WoEs, but its still taking me time to remake my RG 2x and his gears especially getting a KVM spear >_<

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 18 December 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#6 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

There are pros and cons for both Ymir and Valk. If the bots don't worry you and you want to play casually Valk is a good option (note: I'm not saying all Valk players play casually). If you are into WoE, gVg etc and want a better party experience then go to Ymir.

Edited by lainee, 18 December 2011 - 05:38 PM.

#7 TsukishiroSayuki

TsukishiroSayuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

If you are into WoE, gVg etc and want a better party experience then go to Ymir.

Actually, its more like: "If you want a boring woe go to Ymir, if you want a competitive woe with a lot fight come to Valkyrie."

This say all:
http://choobs.org/ymirwoe/index
http://choobs.org/yggwoe/index
See how this sever's have the same guild's guild getting 4 more castles per woe?

http://choobs.org/valkwoe/index
See how there more guilds, and pretty much the maximum per guild is 2 castles. Hardly some get 3 or 4.

Edited by TsukishiroSayuki, 18 December 2011 - 05:57 PM.

#8 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

See how there more guilds, and pretty much the maximum per guild is 2 castles. Hardly some get 3 or 4.[/color]

This weeks WoE was a bit of an anomaly, due to only having the WoE1 castles open, and a lot of people being away for finals, start of the holidays and so on. Now that the balance patch has been implemented, and it seems so far to be beneficial to WoE I think you will see things even out a little more as people return to the game for Ymir WoE.

#9 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

Actually, its more like: "If you want a boring woe go to Ymir, if you want a competitive woe with a lot fight come to Valkyrie."

This say all:
http://choobs.org/ymirwoe/index
http://choobs.org/yggwoe/index
See how this sever's have the same guild's guild getting 4 more castles per woe?

http://choobs.org/valkwoe/index
See how there more guilds, and pretty much the maximum per guild is 2 castles. Hardly some get 3 or 4.

One could argue there's a 'quantity versus quality' factor. Also how do you deduce two hours of skirmishes and larger GvG taking place during WoE (Ymir or otherwise) is "boring" based on who gets the last hit on the emp? Posted Image

#10 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

One could argue there's a 'quantity versus quality' factor. Also how do you deduce two hours of skirmishes and larger GvG taking place during WoE (Ymir or otherwise) is "boring" based on who gets the last hit on the emp? Posted Image

^ There is no GvG on ymir without ysr.

#11 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

^ There is no GvG on ymir without ysr.

YSR = Keyboard Warriors Posted Image

#12 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

go valk tons of people leveling just look at the activity on eden 1st floor. many guilds with big population WOEing.

#13 TsukishiroSayuki

TsukishiroSayuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

This weeks WoE was a bit of an anomaly, due to only having the WoE1 castles open, and a lot of people being away for finals, start of the holidays and so on. Now that the balance patch has been implemented, and it seems so far to be beneficial to WoE I think you will see things even out a little more as people return to the game for Ymir WoE.

No its the normal WoE set for Ymir, finals and holidays have nothing to do with it see the spoiler there.
Spoiler

One could argue there's a 'quantity versus quality' factor.

And one could too argue that because there more quantity, each guild need more quality to finish with one castle or even two.

Just see smokyrie alliance[smokie+valkyrie?] in the last woe, they started with a castle and no one broke it[but their alliance is the best of the Valkyrie server.[and no i'm not kiss-assing, i'm not from their alliance, i'm from the ally that opose theirs. XP]]
In Ymir there was no guild like that and there some pretty strong alliance too.

So should assume Valkyrie have more quality too?

Also how do you deduce two hours of skirmishes and larger GvG taking place during WoE (Ymir or otherwise) is "boring" based on who gets the last hit on the emp? Posted Image

Okay, maybe i should have not used the term boring, but the last part is still true, if you want a more competitive woe with a lot fight come to Valkyrie.

#14 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

People seem bitter. Ymir if you have to switch though.

#15 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

valk -> bunch of bots

Ymir -> Bunch of hipsters

Ygg -> Forever alone

#16 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Stay on ygg! the guild i'm in there is extremely active, just stick it out for a week with us and see if ya like it before you decide on transferring :)

#17 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

No its the normal WoE set for Ymir, finals and holidays have nothing to do with it see the spoiler there.

Spoiler

And one could too argue that because there more quantity, each guild need more quality to finish with one castle or even two.

Just see smokyrie alliance[smokie+valkyrie?] in the last woe, they started with a castle and no one broke it[but their alliance is the best of the Valkyrie server.[and no i'm not kiss-assing, i'm not from their alliance, i'm from the ally that opose theirs. XP]]
In Ymir there was no guild like that and there some pretty strong alliance too.

So should assume Valkyrie have more quality too?

Okay, maybe i should have not used the term boring, but the last part is still true, if you want a more competitive woe with a lot fight come to Valkyrie.

I'm not sure I follow your logic, sir. Have you participated in any Ymir WoEs? It appears you're basing your argument on the 'scoreboard' rather than watching (or better yet, playing in) the game. Cheers.

#18 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

Your call, Valk is not all just bots. In fact once you reach 120+ you won't see any unless you go back to the low level areas... I have weeks without seeing any. I liked Ygg when I played but... gotta love Valk WoE's...

Edited by iiNote, 18 December 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

In my honest opinion, any server is fine as long as you can find a good group of friends or a guild willing to help or have fun with or whatever. Maybe make a post in the guild forums or party section to do some fishing to help with the decision?

Edited by Inubashiri, 18 December 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#20 TsukishiroSayuki

TsukishiroSayuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

I'm not sure I follow your logic, sir. Have you participated in any Ymir WoEs? It appears you're basing your argument on the 'scoreboard' rather than watching (or better yet, playing in) the game. Cheers.

Please point what part of my post you refering to.

Anyway,
if was about the first quote, i just showed that that tha way's for weeks, and that make a pattern. and to one guild to get 4~6 they need to be in their best attendance.
if was about the second i was just counter-arguing, with some proofs, in mention Smokyrie[there no doubt in my mind that their alliance is the best in all the servers. That ofcorse is my opinion, just see how many times they eco castles to max and compare to Ymyr guilds.]
if was the third, i did admit i should not have said boring but the last part IS a fact just compare the 2 timelines
http://choobs.org/valkwoe/timeline
http://choobs.org/ymirwoe/timeline

Edited by TsukishiroSayuki, 18 December 2011 - 08:56 PM.

#21 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

lol ymir's been dead the day valkyrie came out... ymir = corpse of chaos, loki and iris

#22 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

in valk are more people to kill

#23 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:41 AM

ygg still lacks mvp cards and god items, so pvp and woe would be more fun in ygg as you no up against gods
i dono im sure if u knw people well enuf u can get the inside scoop in valk or ymir

#24 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

if was about the second i was just counter-arguing, with some proofs, in mention Smokyrie[there no doubt in my mind that their alliance is the best in all the servers. That ofcorse is my opinion, just see how many times they eco castles to max and compare to Ymyr guilds.]

Well it's a matter of perspective, you could also see that this way, if a single guild or alliance can eco castles to max unopposed than can mean that there is not enough competition on server and things are too one-sided. It does not happen on Ymir at this point in time, because if anybody tried it, the other big guilds would ensure it did not happen. As I said, matter of perspective.

As for the best alliance or guilds on the servers? B> cross server WoE so we can find out (didn't jRO do this for their 9th Anniversary a little while back?). For now all we have as a yardstick is USRC, so how did that work out? :)

#25 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:35 AM

valk -> bunch of bots, good woe population, plenty of TI parties

Ymir -> Bunch of hipsters, ok woe population, some TI parties

Ygg -> Forever alone, small woe population, TI parties ?

Bullseye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users