ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

Kim Jon Il was the leader of North Korea.

Korean Ragnarok Online is developed by and hosted in South Korea.

They are 2 separate countries, that are enemies of one another.

Lets Celebrate his Death with every possible possibility we have!!!
Lets redecorate Prontera...!!

Maybe this will help us getting patches and fixes faster <_> :)

#27 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

Uh yeah, I need a 2x event right about now, I got to 85 normal in a week, I don't have VIP, or BM's, and I can't do TI's until 90, so I'm not ever going to get to 150 in a week. I don't know who these people are that get to 150 in a week, but they're spending money to do it, or they've played this game for a long time and know exactly where and how to level. I was grinding in Sphinx for like 6 hours trying to get an undershirt, to me undershirt and pantie is good gear because I can't get anything else, someone whose name I can't spell was kind enough to give me an undershirt after I quit Sphinx.

If you removed TI's and BM's, no one would want to play this game. This game isn't fun to grind, new players don't have a ton of sp pots, they usually have to sit and wait 2 minutes every few minutes, and that sucks. The main problem is this game has like no content. If people can get to WoE in a week they're gonna be terrible at it, if people have to grind the same area for hours, they're gonna look for a new game

#28 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

2x events are great to encourage new player levelling. It also gives older players a reason to spend zeny on BMs, consumables, new gears for new chars, etc. Good for morale and the economy imo.

#29 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

Lets Celebrate his Death with every possible possibility we have!!!
Lets redecorate Prontera...!!

Maybe this will help us getting patches and fixes faster <_> :)

Don't think "celebrating" the rise to power a 27 year old leader who nobody knows anything about and has no leadership experience that is in charge of nuclear weapons in a militaristic society is exactly the words I'd choose to describe it. Also North Korea has no impact on our business or trade with the Republic of South Korea.

Uh yeah, I need a 2x event right about now, I got to 85 normal in a week, I don't have VIP, or BM's, and I can't do TI's until 90, so I'm not ever going to get to 150 in a week. I don't know who these people are that get to 150 in a week, but they're spending money to do it, or they've played this game for a long time and know exactly where and how to level. I was grinding in Sphinx for like 6 hours trying to get an undershirt, to me undershirt and pantie is good gear because I can't get anything else, someone whose name I can't spell was kind enough to give me an undershirt after I quit Sphinx.

If you removed TI's and BM's, no one would want to play this game. This game isn't fun to grind, new players don't have a ton of sp pots, they usually have to sit and wait 2 minutes every few minutes, and that sucks. The main problem is this game has like no content. If people can get to WoE in a week they're gonna be terrible at it, if people have to grind the same area for hours, they're gonna look for a new game

A good number of us grinded for years and we never complained about it. To be honest I view it as more an accomplishment than a burden to have gotten high level characters without battle manuals or exp events. It was when making a 99/70 trans actually meant something, same with getting to 150 without the use of TIs or events. But not everyone will agree with that obviously, so to each his or her own.

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

There will be an exp event anyway because of christmas, the facebook thing is just a farce. Didn't y'all learn your lesson before this?

Anyway, I'd like the 2x exp event to cover TIs for all ranges too. That would be nice for a change, instead of one group of players having accelerated levelling and the others not.

#31 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:56 PM

Don't think "celebrating" the rise to power a 27 year old leader who nobody knows anything about and has no leadership experience that is in charge of nuclear weapons in a militaristic society is exactly the words I'd choose to describe it. Also North Korea has no impact on our business or trade with the Republic of South Korea.

A good number of us grinded for years and we never complained about it. To be honest I view it as more an accomplishment than a burden to have gotten high level characters without battle manuals or exp events. It was when making a 99/70 trans actually meant something, same with getting to 150 without the use of TIs or events. But not everyone will agree with that obviously, so to each his or her own.

The grind would kill this game. Back then people didn't know better. If the game was more fun I wouldn't mind grinding, but it's kinda eh...I mean going from 70-85, and there's really no difference in gameplay. There's like 1% deviation in gameplay every ten levels. It's just the same thing over and over.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

The grind would kill this game. Back then people didn't know better. If the game was more fun I wouldn't mind grinding, but it's kinda eh...I mean going from 70-85, and there's really no difference in gameplay. There's like 1% deviation in gameplay every ten levels. It's just the same thing over and over.

There were challenging places to grind pre-renewal, there aren't now.

Bring back the days of being ble to spend 7 hours on vent levelling and calling eachother noobs as you died to retarded crap plz.

#33 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

There were challenging places to grind pre-renewal, there aren't now.

Bring back the days of being ble to spend 7 hours on vent levelling and calling eachother noobs as you died to retarded crap plz.

Grinding 5 levels above you is a challenge for new players, not new characters, new players.

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

Grinding 5 levels above you is a challenge for new players, not new characters, new players.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Grinding 5 levels is a challenge for people with no equipment.

I want monster AI to be better and the exp rewards above such to be worth it. - not just oh this monster hits harder so I'll change gear and pot more for the same exp rate qq

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

p.s: Grinding as I type this, it's not that bad,

Posted Image

#36 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Grinding 5 levels is a challenge for people with no equipment.

I want monster AI to be better and the exp rewards above such to be worth it. - not just oh this monster hits harder so I'll change gear and pot more for the same exp rate qq

new players=people with no equipment, and I know exactly what I'm talking about, it's not like you make great strides in this game unless you spend money or have played forever

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

Ugh, it's pretty much all the same now, even with my god items and mvp cards Im still stuck at killing the same monsters other players without them would.

It's exactly the same crap.

#38 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

new players=people with no equipment, and I know exactly what I'm talking about, it's not like you make great strides in this game unless you spend money or have played forever

New players can take advantage of the eden quests to get gear and levels, also the novice training grounds will be revamped to help get new players started off better with better equips, etc. Also the exp for first, second, and trans classes is not as much as it was back in the day and even right now its been significantly lowered further.

#39 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

This is the reason we need a new server. new players don't really know how fun it was to grind in a party with low level gears. that first time when something rare drops and made you feel like it was something special. the game has alot of content problem is its basicaly given away you dont really have to work for much like you did in the past. i know sum people are gonna say well play a pserver because there are some that exist like that. but i dont want to support a pserver i want to support this server. would anyone play a P2P like server, yeah i think they would either from nostalgia or the fact that it wouldnt be that corrupt. Or maybe for bragging rights of yeah i did this on a hard server.

#40 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

New players can take advantage of the eden quests to get gear and levels, also the novice training grounds will be revamped to help get new players started off better with better equips, etc. Also the exp for first, second, and trans classes is not as much as it was back in the day and even right now its been significantly lowered further.

when i say no gear, I mean no gear beyond eden gear, like there's undershirt and panties, then I'm not aware of other affordable gear that is better than eden gear, considering new players have no cards and will rake in like 100k in zenny if they're good

#41 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

New players don't really know how fun it was to grind in a party with low level gears.

Sorry, what? The only time I partied back pre-renewal was to help leach a friend. Otherwise, much the way it is now, another body = a drain on my xp. That's one thing that hasn't changed in all this time.

#42 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

Sorry, what? The only time I partied back pre-renewal was to help leach a friend. Otherwise, much the way it is now, another body = a drain on my xp. That's one thing that hasn't changed in all this time.

thats kinda sad so you mean to tell me even pre renewal you never partied in GH? never party killed a mvp?

#43 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

thats kinda sad so you mean to tell me even pre renewal you never partied in GH? never party killed a mvp?

Nope, either soloed or duoed both.

#44 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

if there is going to be a 2x exp event, there better be a good turn in :|

#45 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

Nope, either soloed or duoed both.

are you talking about duel clienting? because you weren't allowed to do that back in the day.
hmm well i guess you were the exception i didnt know many people pre renewal that didnt want to party FS or party in general. i mean south pront used to be flooded with people offering heal slaves. and parties.

#46 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

when i say no gear, I mean no gear beyond eden gear, like there's undershirt and panties, then I'm not aware of other affordable gear that is better than eden gear, considering new players have no cards and will rake in like 100k in zenny if they're good

Realistically, and I will date myself by saying this, with respect to the way it was to the way it is now it has made significant progress. Back in the beginning of the game all you got was a cotton shirt and a knife and no zeny (or maybe it was 2k, I know at some point we got that til it was abused) and it would thrust you into the world that way. No level up NPCs, no novice gears, no pots, no wings, no bwings, no nothing. Eventually it got better but still needed more, and then eventually you have what we have today minus eden. And then just this year we got the eden group. So with all do respect, things are insanely better than they were. Not to mention friends with benefits, promo codes mailed out in news letters, economy wise things are leaps and bounds cheaper than they used to be.

are you talking about duel clienting? because you weren't allowed to do that back in the day.
hmm well i guess you were the exception i didnt know many people pre renewal that didnt want to party FS or party in general. i mean south pront used to be flooded with people offering heal slaves. and parties.

Duoed is a term that was used for back in the day when people would have a "duo" party in bio3 killing the respawning high wizard on the stairs. Was also called a stair party too. For that day in time, if done right, had huge rewards in exp.

Edited by Inubashiri, 19 December 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#47 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Inubashiri got it. I played with a friend. Who happened to be a FS priest.

#48 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

Realistically, and I will date myself by saying this, with respect to the way it was to the way it is now it has made significant progress. Back in the beginning of the game all you got was a cotton shirt and a knife and no zeny (or maybe it was 2k, I know at some point we got that til it was abused) and it would thrust you into the world that way. No level up NPCs, no novice gears, no pots, no wings, no bwings, no nothing. Eventually it got better but still needed more, and then eventually you have what we have today minus eden. And then just this year we got the eden group. So with all do respect, things are insanely better than they were. Not to mention friends with benefits, promo codes mailed out in news letters, economy wise things are leaps and bounds cheaper than they used to be.

Duoed is a term that was used for back in the day when people would have a "duo" party in bio3 killing the respawning high wizard on the stairs. Was also called a stair party too. For that day in time, if done right, had huge rewards in exp.

ah gotcha i wasn't playing when bio was implemented i had to stop before that dun hit. i had to stop a little after Einbroch hit

Inubashiri got it. I played with a friend. Who happened to be a FS priest.

wouldnt that constitute a party?

#49 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

I think this hits it pretty well.
There were actually celebrating demonstrations in South Korea today, but honestly, I don't know what his son is capable of or not.
I heared about him beeing easily heated and raged, but all my wishes are, of course, that he might be different from his father in a good way and could turn the country around, feeding the people, getting them good (!) jobs and such...
(on another note, this was also the way Hitler gained the germans hearts back then, giving them food and work... and then enraged his frustration about having a bad father and beeing a bad artist... but that's a different story *cough*)
South Korea is on alert allready... I hope it will calm down there... right now it feels like veeeery thin ice... q.q

Anyway, don't mind 2x EXP for getting the last 2 levels on my AB x3

#50 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

Anyway, don't mind 2x EXP for getting the last 2 levels on my AB x3

Good luck! :3

Edited by Inubashiri, 19 December 2011 - 06:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users