Post Balance Increased Lag - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Post Balance Increased Lag

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ninjatbro

Ninjatbro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Ever since the balance I have been lagging more than ever. Is anyone else lagging more?

#2 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

i've been lag spiking like crazy. i think it's the xmas snow. even with effects off, i like lag spike a lot for a few seconds which results in retarded deaths that shouldn't happen

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:41 AM

Yeah this snow is dumb. Snow is not as fun as many people think it is. Shoveling snow for 3 hours every morning and chilly winds blowing on your face to make it numb ARE NOT FUN!

#4 Xactoknife

Xactoknife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

I also noticed some insane lag spikes. Something like 2-3 seconds, then all my animations, sprite positions and effects would frame skip to catch up with what was happening. I have actually never had an issue with lag in RO until this patch. I am still unsure if this is a latency issue or a performance related problem. To make sure I re-downloaded the client and re-patched. I also enabled "Microsoft Message Queuing" as noted to "Disable TCP delay" this seems to help a considerable amount and cleared up the majority of my issues while doing some late night solo TI leveling. However I will need to see if this will hold up during peek hours. Saturday woe was pretty much unplayable.

#5 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

We are being DDOSed for about the last 2 weeks, they started hitting the game servers last week. It is just a normal thing anymore, though this is more persistent than most as if they are trying to make a point.

#6 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

im not getting much lag but exception is at juperos.
it was like im on constant chaos status.
when I click to attack Dimik my char will run to any direction that is not target.

#7 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

Lol i bet the bots/spammers who had difficulty bypassing the new anti spam feature are the DDoSers this time

#8 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

We are being DDOSed for about the last 2 weeks, they started hitting the game servers last week. It is just a normal thing anymore, though this is more persistent than most as if they are trying to make a point.

Theme Song for the DDoS saga =o

#9 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

any idea what their point is? do they want to harm you to protest against something or just hurt the server so people come play their own game?

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

It's the "Occupy Warpportal" group obviously.

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

It's the "Occupy Warpportal" group obviously.

Cept they are the 1% not the 99%

#12 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

Wow. Hasn't this group been hitting the servers this time of year for like the last 2 years?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users