CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

And i never said anything about AS being a WOE skill. But AB with overupgraded glorious should be good

Glorious Bow sucks because it's a direct physical damage increase against demi-human which is completely useless.... I dunno about formulas and all but I can tell you that it's horrible compared to the Ranged Attack % increase that you can get from Orc Archer Bow + Steel Arrow or Elven Bow + Elven Arrows. I know someone who owned a +9 Glorious Bow and my Orc Archer Bow when I still had it at +7 was doing over 2x more damage.

#27 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

Glorious Bow sucks because it's a direct physical damage increase against demi-human which is completely useless.... I dunno about formulas and all but I can tell you that it's horrible compared to the Ranged Attack % increase that you can get from Orc Archer Bow + Steel Arrow or Elven Bow + Elven Arrows. I know someone who owned a +9 Glorious Bow and my Orc Archer Bow when I still had it at +7 was doing over 2x more damage.

while i havent used it, according to the description it should be better than other bows.
Nvm, will have to check it out someday.

#28 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

while i havent used it, according to the description it should be better than other bows.
Nvm, will have to check it out someday.

Well I just recalled what Clogon said to me. Glorious Bow sucks because the demi-human damage increase uses only your Bow's attack while the Ranged attack % you get from OAB and Elven Bow increases your overall ranged damage.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 23 December 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#29 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

Well I just recalled what Clogon said to me. Glorious Bow sucks because the demi-human damage increase uses only your Bow's attack while the Ranged attack % you get from OAB and Elven Bow increases your overall ranged damage.

i thought the defense bypass would work in our favor. We do already bypass the raydric with elemental arrows, thought this would work much better.

#30 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

i thought the defense bypass would work in our favor. We do already bypass the raydric with elemental arrows, thought this would work much better.

If he happens to stop by this thread, I will let Clogon tell you about it in mathematical means or you can PM him directly here: http://forums.warppo...ser/161-clogon/ as to why OAB/Elven Bow is infinitely times better than Glorious Bow.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 23 December 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#31 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:33 AM

If he happens to stop by this thread, I will let Clogon tell you about it in mathematical means or you can PM him directly here: http://forums.warppo...ser/161-clogon/ as to why OAB/Elven Bow is infinitely times better than Glorious Bow.

its alright. I know the equation of Atk. I get ur point too. Just disappointed though. All other classes get better weapons from kvm.

#32 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Auto-Warg Build is bad for leveling tho no?

#33 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

Auto-Warg Build is bad for leveling tho no?

very bad. Its only for high level monsters and players. Not for mobs.

#34 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

very bad. Its only for high level monsters and players. Not for mobs.

Actually, it may be viable in bifrost... the little tan ball like things where giving me 48K EXP las night @ 126-127 with no manuals so if you get a moderately fast ATK and good warg strike proc rate you should be able to level there for midrange levels. Thats better EXP than most places you can mob with AS.

#35 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

Actually, it may be viable in bifrost... the little tan ball like things where giving me 48K EXP las night @ 126-127 with no manuals so if you get a moderately fast ATK and good warg strike proc rate you should be able to level there for midrange levels. Thats better EXP than most places you can mob with AS.

48k?? I never ever got that much exp from regular monsters on valkyrie. Wat did u kill exactly?

#36 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

48k?? I never ever got that much exp from regular monsters on valkyrie. Wat did u kill exactly?

I forget the name, the things had like 80-100K HP, they are the little tan things when you enter the bifrost, on the map before the misty forest. there are those things, the little red and green guy things that give almost as much EX and killer mantis or some ugly bug on that map.

EDIT: hmm either something was messed up last night or I found a couple of used monsters, only got like 29K EXP from the "mimi" or something.

Edited by meoryou2, 23 December 2011 - 08:05 PM.

#37 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

Guys go in a PVP right now and use AS and see the damage it does...I hit like only 3k on decently geared higher levels so with the white wing set that gives like 7-8k? not to mention it has like a 5 sec cast delay! In WoE most people are heavily geared so you can forget about AS as being an option. You`re just better off sticking to a 193 aspd build.

#38 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

Guys go in a PVP right now and use AS and see the damage it does...I hit like only 3k on decently geared higher levels so with the white wing set that gives like 7-8k? not to mention it has like a 5 sec cast delay! In WoE most people are heavily geared so you can forget about AS as being an option. You`re just better off sticking to a 193 aspd build.

auto warg is definitely better in PVP and WOE. But if u want better damage with ur current build then use AB, not AS. And also use cursed water to bypass raydric effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users