OooOPS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

By the way, Mage will now miss!

S> Orlean Backshield 50/40 50M :P It worth like 2M before ha ha ha

And to learn from mistakes, why don't you give more notice to such important changes? Why not discussing it a little bit with the Community/Senate?

#27 monkeypig

monkeypig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Server:Draco-La

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Where's the Lucky Spin Update, lawl , Already did 3 comments..

#28 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines
  • Server:Draconis

Thanks Cal.

What if we hoard skill resets by then? Like spending 10B for 1000 reset skills? Will they be "deleted" after the 27th?

#29 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

maybe mages can try running CON, honestly lava gear and with mages acc passives, a (15) weapon, they aren't going to be missing most classes who have crap dodge anyway.

#30 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Updated patch notes with spoiler tags and added the Skill Reset details.

I do look forward to hearing feedback after you guys play, with skill changes seeing them written doesn't always equal to what the experience in-game would be.
This is a small first step to help balance classes, so you can expect more as we go some with more and some with less impact, but its a step.

#31 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

I would have to agree. I have a 19x scout and cleric, the cleric kills better than the scout. I personally think they made the skill better, cool down 9 seconds faster is way better

anyways, this skill is as good as useless in pvp!

e.g. vs ranged enemys you cant use it and vs none ranged enemies its useless cause the damage is very low

its a physical skill which means, it does like 1200 damage vs high def enemies

e.g. phoenix arrow does like 2300 damage having like 300 damage less in the skill description....

this development team has seriously no idea of this game!!!!!

#32 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Updated patch notes with spoiler tags and added the Skill Reset details.

I do look forward to hearing feedback after you guys play, with skill changes seeing them written doesn't always equal to what the experience in-game would be.
This is a small first step to help balance classes, so you can expect more as we go some with more and some with less impact, but its a step.

will knights be included in later updates, or are they seen as balanced at this point?

#33 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:leonis

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Bourgeois
Spoiler

Artisan
Spoiler

So now both bourgeois and arti sucks, nerfing artis completely and making bourg good would have been way better.So now artis will have one awsome gameplay since they can't 1v1 anymore, running around casting sleep; that's...... fun.
Regarding raiders, which, let's remind it where the only class that was able to kill champs among soldiers themselves didn't got anything nerfed but got cooldown reduced and effect duration increase.
I really wanted a class balance, but this, it's just ****.....

I won't be surpirsed if we see a massive move to raiders now.

Edit: alright this post was a bit negative, i will be happy to test things for artis/bourgs on pegasus.

Edited by luciolle, 20 December 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#34 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

Again funny how everyone cries for months about the fact that champs are OP. Then finally they nerf them and then the same people start QQing about champs being useless.

Some people are never happy.

#35 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

I think it might be fun to play a champ now, and since I'm a raider I have to say you made them over powerd. Why do u make another class better when you nerf one?, that could never end up balanced, poor artis and mages haha.

Sigh now every1 will play raider, like there isn't enough of them.

#36 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Why can't I +1 you Cal?? You have no button down there.

#37 Soaked

Soaked

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationNYC or Amsterdam
  • Server:Bf3 LMAO!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

are u kidding me?

what is this?????????

do u ever listen to the community, do u ever play this game urself?????????

is that all u do for scout? u weakon a skill which is alrdy useless???????

????????????????

no comment......

You just gave a comment.. Overall all classes got nerfed. Don't complain about scout. When champs have the biggest changes.

#38 MyNamesTC

MyNamesTC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

Oh mah god :|

#39 Trebor

Trebor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA USA

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

Too many people jump on the dev team so quickly when the update is announced instead of going in a trying it out themselves.

The skill system does need to be balanced and they are trying to get it all worked out.

Give it a chance all, see how the patch works, if you see something wrong or doesnt work correctly, then put it into the bugs part of the forum.

#40 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

Ok, first thing.

Skill Resets will be available via NPC in-game for 10m zulie, you can reset as often as you want.
So don't set panic into motion over that, panic over the wall of text is fine.

Wow really... 10mil... because people have a ton of zulie??? Not everyone has a ton of zulie to afford that; I've spent most my money on buying new equips that people over charge for because the economy is inflated (farm?? lol.. even on premium aco-_- I only make maybe 300k per hour, the sucky part of wanting to solo majority of the time (my fault I know))... reset as often as I like??? or til I go broke trying to find the right combination???

I suppose though... one way to make sure people don't buy stacks and stacks of them...

I'd rather see each character get 2-4 skill resets free than buyable from an npc... but thats just me (and more than likely only me)...

.:edit:.
Balancing happens... it is somehting you need to figure out and try to see what works best for the way you play... not what is always the only way... I remember how this was many years ago...

Edited by TruPain, 20 December 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#41 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

wouldn't all this lead to a stat reset too? because what if u want 2 go from 2 handed sword to a spear or to axe? u know what i mean?

#42 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Actually, they are putting champs back to how they were before they removed the weapon requirements. And even back then they were good.

#43 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

I didn't know people pvp with scouts, I never see them in wars.

yeah, cause they suck at pvp... and now they suck even more...

updates scout needs:

1) point black needs a def down, the less range and the low damage makes this high tier skill as good as useless
a def down on this skill would be the only way to make this skill usefull again

2) the stunes need different cooldown and an increase at least by 15% each (first from 60% to 75%, second from 70% to 85%)

3) bow mastery needs a 10% mspeed passiv

#44 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

wouldn't all this lead to a stat reset too? because what if u want 2 go from 2 handed sword to a spear or to axe? u know what i mean?

That's the reason they give "free" resets skills.

#45 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

Thanks Cal.

What if we hoard skill resets by then? Like spending 10B for 1000 reset skills? Will they be "deleted" after the 27th?

This is what I want to know, too.

#46 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Wow really... 10mil... because people have a ton of zulie??? Not everyone has a ton of zulie to afford that; I've spent most my money on buying new equips that people over charge for because the economy is inflated (farm?? lol.. even on premium aco-_- I only make maybe 300k per hour, the sucky part of wanting to solo majority of the time (my fault I know))... reset as often as I like??? or til I go broke trying to find the right combination???

I suppose though... one way to make sure people don't buy stacks and stacks of them...

I'd rather see each character get 2-4 skill resets free than buyable from an npc... but thats just me (and more than likely only me)...

.:edit:.
Balancing happens... it is somehting you need to figure out and try to see what works best for the way you play... not what is always the only way... I remember how this was many years ago...

Where are you leveling? there are a lot of places that give good money. I'm sure the 10m price is one of those "zulie drains" to fight inflation

#47 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

If they do like they did last time, there will be a specific npc who does the resets through the text interaction, without actually giving an item that can be exploited for profit later.

#48 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

That's the reason they give "free" resets skills.

would that reset ur stats too? x.x because if they nerfed champs that much people will need new stat builds :x or just go for raider..

#49 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

If they do like they did last time, there will be a specific npc who does the resets through the text interaction, without actually giving an item that can be exploited for profit later.

they should make them character bound then

#50 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Wasn't expecting that. It is a balance update, but from the looks of it, a sloppy one. You guys listened to the idea of 'adjusting skills' but you didn't actually listen to anything specific the community was discussing. Alot of the same problems still apply because things that weren't imbalanced were changed.

Did you atleast fix the additional damage/non reliable skill bug? What about the shield reflect bug?

I can't believe nothing was done about Anti Magic Shell. And the shared cooldown on grenades is good, whats bad is that the majority of them are still useless.

Edited by Phish, 20 December 2011 - 03:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users