Iro is planing to bring back prenewal - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Iro is planing to bring back prenewal

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:24 AM

Think about it.
whith all the stupid and not well thinked through...new changes...we are almost in the prenewall status.

Because...with for example SC used skill Fire Trap... the fastest and easierst and cheapest way to raise up your lv...so it was possible to reach very fast the lv 150 but NOW...with all the skilling down things you will need years to reach lv 150.
Just like prenewal where you needed almost an year to reach lv 99.

I don`t think kro knew what they are doing...they have no game checking people so they are not doing what is best for players.

#2 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

Changes that are "in the best interest of players" does not necessarily mean that it's best for the game. Don't be discouraged by the changes though, iRO is in the process of making custom changes/requesting custom changes.

Edited by zr0rieu, 21 December 2011 - 05:36 AM.

#3 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:42 AM

Looooooooool Taking away the ONE AND ONLY WAY for SC to level up, are you calling "In games interest"?

#4 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:46 AM

Looooooooool Taking away the ONE AND ONLY WAY for SC to level up, are you calling "In games interest"?

Firing trap was never even intended to be a main lvling tool, let alone as a copied skill from another class. It just happened to be amazing from them not thinking stuff through. We noticed that you're pissed, it's getting silly.

It's weird though that you don't think of SR as ANOTHER WAY to level up, but that got nerfed bad too, so nvm.
Theres still classes that are worse off btw.

Edited by Charon, 21 December 2011 - 05:50 AM.

#5 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

YEEEEAH of course i am using an skill which are costing MUCH SP how can you call that....another way to level up fast?

i can use 3 SR and then have to sit and Rest SP LOL.

If you wanna protect all stupid ideas from them, PLEASE try harder and give me good alternative ways.

#6 gl101

gl101

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

Firing trap was never even intended to be a main lvling tool, let alone as a copied skill from another class. It just happened to be amazing from them not thinking stuff through. We noticed that you're pissed, it's getting silly.

It's weird though that you don't think of SR as ANOTHER WAY to level up, but that got nerfed bad too, so nvm.
Theres still classes that are worse off btw.

SR for lvling u got to be joking with the reproduce messed up how much u gonna consume on sp, hmmm let me see 240 sp thats "B***S**T"

#7 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:56 AM

I think we should make in FB an vote.

If kro is watching a bit FB...they will notice it when more then 6000 players are complaining about this F+++ing Balance.

And i think i will make an topic for SC boycott

#8 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

I never said you should use SR now. Take a shower or something.

Edited by Charon, 21 December 2011 - 06:05 AM.

#9 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:05 AM

Yeah but like i said.
kro is devalue the SC complete.

#10 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

You are not happy with shadow chaser balance changes. This is painfully obvious look at your previous posts, but you don't need to create multiple of threads about the same issue. Also, stirring community to adapt to "mob mentality" is not something that's allowed on the forums.

#11 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

yeah that was so clear-.-
if there is something that brings up the truth about the system.
Or if there is something that is forcing kro to rethink her ideas.

#12 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:18 AM

I wish they bring Pre-Renewal back.

WHEN MY ARROW VULCAN COULD HIT OVER 20K DAMAGE, ONLY WITH A CARDED ROPE.... Or let me think... CASTERS ARE GOOD FOR SOMETHING NOT OUTCLASSED BY MELEE... :thumb:....

...-_-

Yes you got it. Some people wish pre-renewal come back. Don't be sad, keep up with leveling. With another skill instead of fire trap though... You can choose any, unlike a performer class that is trapped with unreliable or weak skills [SR included now on the "unreliable" list, due to the huge sp cost for low damage. I would gladly use SR on a post-balance chaser IF THE DAMAGE WAS STILL THE SAME.

#13 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

Its not fair to call THAT!!!!! Balance.
All classes have skills which are dealing ober 10k dmg.
SC where only doing 5-6k dmg with fire trap and NOW?
Now they are taking THIS away from us...so where....WHERE is THIS balanced?

#14 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

I wish they would bring pre-trans back, and work from there. But that's an impossibility.
Just thought it was a bigger game changer than renewal.

#15 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

If they are to stupid to come up with GOOD usefull ideas...then it would be better if they would bring back prenewal.

#16 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Changes that are "in the best interest of players" does not necessarily mean that it's best for the game. Don't be discouraged by the changes though, iRO is in the process of making custom changes/requesting custom changes.

Forgive me for not having much hope, but they've been "in that process" for 14 months and counting, and as far as I can tell, kRO has been in the process of replying to all of their requests with a 1-finger salute.

It's of course not iRO staff's fault in any way that kRO simply doesn't care - they're doing their best with what they have. They gave us Overlook and the TI system to keep partying from disappearing entirely, they were able to tweak some cast times, etc. Ultimately though, these just stop the game from dying completely - actually fixing it requires kRO finally agreeing to actually implement some of those requested changes that iRO can't do alone, and at this point, I see no evidence they have any plans to *ever* actually do that.

Edited by Mwrip, 21 December 2011 - 05:37 PM.

#17 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Forgive me for not having much hope, but they've been "in that process" for 14 months and counting, and as far as I can tell, kRO has been in the process of replying to all of their requests with a 1-finger salute.

It's of course not iRO staff's fault in any way that kRO simply doesn't care - they're doing their best with what they have. They gave us Overlook and the TI system to keep partying from disappearing entirely, they were able to tweak some cast times, etc. Ultimately though, these just stop the game from dying completely - actually fixing it requires kRO finally agreeing to actually implement some of those requested changes that iRO can't do alone, and at this point, I see no evidence they have any plans to *ever* actually do that.

I agree, iRO done a good job so far in keeping the game alive. Lots of other ROs simply went zombie.

#18 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

The problem is that originally things like Reflect Damage, Fire Trap, Severe Rainstorm and perhaps a few others, were NOT INTENDED (I HOPE) to be so powerful or broken. They just were not really properly tested with a mind towards how ppl could abuse them so so badly.

The very fact that Fire Trap had NO element to it, just told me obviously that they didn't think it through. I mean WHY give a Ranger Fire & Ice Trap that do the same amount of Damage to ALL enemies (Damage formula's exactly the same, only dif is Freezing/Burning)?!?!?! You would think right away that you should use Fire on Earth and Undead for more damage and Ice Trap on FIRE guys to do ANY damage. I cannot be the only one around that thinks it is obvious that Fire Trap should NOT damage Fire guys!

The REAL problem I think that everyone has is that some ppl got to abuse all these skills to super fast level their guys to 150, now they say that these skills are unbalanced and need to be nerfed so nobody else can get to 150 that easy. This doesn't mean that they have to actually lose the levels they gained using it though. It just punishes everyone else that didn't know to super abuse the skills as they were before.

If everyone had to restart their chars it would be a LOT easier to swallow these "Balances". It's just a little to late for "Fixes" imho. If they had been done a Month or 2 after renewal then sure, but not 14 months later.

#19 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:10 AM

Think about it.
whith all the stupid and not well thinked through...new changes...we are almost in the prenewall status.

Because...with for example SC used skill Fire Trap... the fastest and easierst and cheapest way to raise up your lv...so it was possible to reach very fast the lv 150 but NOW...with all the skilling down things you will need years to reach lv 150.
Just like prenewal where you needed almost an year to reach lv 99.

I don`t think kro knew what they are doing...they have no game checking people so they are not doing what is best for players.

Was possible to reach lvl 150 very fast, easy and cheap? Sounds rather like a problem. Which is why it got fixed I suppose.

I think we should make in FB an vote.
If kro is watching a bit FB...they will notice it when more then 6000 players are complaining about this F+++ing Balance.
And i think i will make an topic for SC boycott

When I see 60k people voting for 2x exp events on FB, while in fact there are at most 6k active players (very optimistic number), makes me think that ideas of any kind of voting on FB is plain stupid. Why not to use in-game NPC for all votings? Don't even need to do anything, the script is already done (Dungeon Teleport Service staff).

As for the balance patch, it's still not balanced but overall it made things better (bugs doesn't count), so please get over it and stop complaining.

Edited by Kuwano, 25 December 2011 - 12:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users