Reading Spell Book - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Reading Spell Book

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

I was watching some WoE Videos about how long of a process it takes to actually use the skill, maybe there would be some way to default a certain spell book rather than having the option to pick through what one you want? How about just giving the ablitiy to equip spell books in general?

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

It's a lot faster now after the balance patch. If you don't wanna pick the other books, just keep the ones you're gonna use in your inventory and put the rest in your kafra storage. Other than Tetra Vortex, Comet, Storm Gust, Crimson Rock or Earth Strain, other spell books are just horrible and inefficient to use.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 21 December 2011 - 08:05 AM.

#3 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

But will it automatically equip the spell book for you if thats the only one in your inventory? Dont forget about chain lightning, Frozen status + CL ive seen some pretty intense damage from it -_-

Edited by MagicHands, 21 December 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

But will it automatically equip the spell book for you if thats the only one in your inventory? Dont forget about chain lightning, Frozen status + CL ive seen some pretty intense damage from it -_-

No, you still have to choose it from the menu that pops up but at least you won't make a mistake in picking the wrong one. Chain Lightning is better when manual casted with Mystical Amplification.

#5 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

WEll, yes, it would be faster if just casting reading spell book freezes your spell, but doesnt take to long to double click your book (if the list is short, i use to bring only 3-4 books). And that makes you able to precast reading spellbook and let it in stand by (before chosing your spell) so once you wanna freeze it you just have to double click it, without casting any skills (counterpart is that you cant walk while having that window open).

#6 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

I was watching some WoE Videos about how long of a process it takes to actually use the skill, maybe there would be some way to default a certain spell book rather than having the option to pick through what one you want? How about just giving the ablitiy to equip spell books in general?

hahaha spam comet/tv that fast eh? yeah like that's gonna be allowed to happen.

#7 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

You will get used to the cast/choose/release process...

#8 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

Comets damage isnt even worth mentioning and TV's damage on almost all characters is tankable with the right gears, It wouldnt hurt to make the process a little more faster. That way they can spend more time watching what is going on behind them rather than double clicking the spell, oh wait i just died.

#9 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

Comets damage isnt even worth mentioning and TV's damage on almost all characters is tankable with the right gears, It wouldnt hurt to make the process a little more faster. That way they can spend more time watching what is going on behind them rather than double clicking the spell, oh wait i just died.

Nah... you can prepare several spells before going upfront... after you use them all, fall back and reload again... quite simple indeed... The process is hella faster now than before... not sure why you didn't complain before balance patch thou... when it was way to slower.

#10 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Using reading spellbook feels like a stop and go pace. Releasing one or 2 spells then having to wait untill the moment no one is there to go again? I think this would be a great implementation and it would help generate the momentum of this class. More pew pew
These arent complaints and i dont play a Warlock, but i would just like to know the opinions of those who do.

Edited by MagicHands, 21 December 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#11 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

Using reading spellbook feels like a stop and go pace. Releasing one or 2 spells then having to wait untill the moment no one is there to go again? I think this would be a great implementation and it would help generate the momentum of this class. More pew pew
These arent complaints and i dont play a Warlock, but i would just like to know the opinions of those who do.

Well... it has been like that since renewal came live... and there was not that much complain about it... now is even faster than what it used to be... and still not much complain about it... I think people just got used to it.

Maybe if you play Warlock you will understand a bit... is not that hard I can assure you that.

#12 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:20 AM

I get it, its not that hard, but that is not what im asking. Would you prefer to have it the way it is now or have it implemented with a bit more fluidity, the process eats up to much time and concentration rather than the fights themselves. I wouldnt have a problem playing a warlock with the current system as it is now, but I would much rather have the process shortened.

#13 KayT

KayT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

I prefer the way it is now. Any more buffs could break this skill. Release should be used as support skill not as main killing skill -_- The way it works now is best, I think.

Edited by KayT, 21 December 2011 - 09:31 AM.

#14 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

It's really different playing Warlock and someone watching someone play one. It requires diligence and concentration since you can only store 2 Comets or 2 Tetra Vortex max with Freezing Spell 4 (Freezing Spell 5 is somewhat unnecessary). Once you fired both of your shots, you need to learn how to disable your opponents, may it be with Jack Frost, White Imprison, or Sienna Execrate so you can reload your spells on the Spellbook again.

#15 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

It's really different playing Warlock and someone watching someone play one. It requires diligence and concentration since you can only store 2 Comets or 2 Tetra Vortex max with Freezing Spell 4 (Freezing Spell 5 is somewhat unnecessary). Once you fired both of your shots, you need to learn how to disable your opponents, may it be with Jack Frost, White Imprison, or Sienna Execrate so you can reload your spells on the Spellbook again.

Indeed... plus you gotta now the timing to use released spells... you can't just use them anytime you want. There's a timing for everything... specially when playing a Warlock =)

I guess you can call that "experience"? dunno.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users