Tryng to Reactivate My Account - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Tryng to Reactivate My Account

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ruefus

Ruefus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

I quit RO some time before renewal and I'm planning to come back.

I've created a Warp Portal account and I've added my RO account to it. But I'm not sure where I go to pay for my account subscription or if I even have to.

I played on Chaos, which is now Ymir, a paid server. So, do I need to purchase a VIP package to be able to log onto my account on Ymir? The explanation of the VIP package on the RO site makes it sound like I just need to have a VIP account to create characters.

So, I guess what I really want to know is: do I need to purchase a VIP package to be able to play my existing characters that were once on Chaos and are now most likely on Ymir?

Thanks for your help, and I'm sorry if this has already been asked a million times.

#2 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

If you got your chars already, you should be able to still log em, you cant make new characters in Ymir though if you dont have VIP.

Oh I just started also playing in that server, hope I'll meet more ppl too & welcome back.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 23 December 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#3 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

As Hayroh said, you won't need to pay to be able to play any existing characters.

Note that there have been a few forced password resets in the past couple(?) years, so you may need to do an account password recovery via the warpportal site before you'll be able to log into your account.

#4 Ruefus

Ruefus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

Okay, that's pretty cool. I think I already have the characters made that I want to play anyway.

Thanks for your help!

#5 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

Okay, that's pretty cool. I think I already have the characters made that I want to play anyway.

Thanks for your help!

Just take notes of your e-mail & passwords. Theres a lot of ppl who lost their accts with the forced PW changes before, forgetting these important infos. For future reference. :angry:

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 23 December 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#6 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

So, do I need to purchase a VIP package to be able to log onto my account on Ymir?

Strictly speaking, no, you do not have to.

So, I guess what I really want to know is: do I need to purchase a VIP package to be able to play my existing characters that were once on Chaos and are now most likely on Ymir?

Although you might be transferred to Ymir (which is a VIP server), you will not have VIP status, as said status is an ongoing thing which you have to buy the package for. The package has some seriously good benefits for the equivalent of just $7 a month, most noticeably 1.5x exp compared to non-VIP status and 67% reduction in exp loss on death (non-VIP loss is 3% of your level, VIP 1%). Additionally, you cannot create any new characters unless you're VIP status.

What I did was to play non-VIP for a couple of weeks just to get a feel of the renewal stuff, then switch over to VIP after when I figured out where to level, what to do, etc.

#7 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

If you were on Chaos, your old account passwords would probably have been reset when we had a couple of forced password changes. You will probably have to send in a support ticket, with your old account details, login/PW and email address and have them manually bind it to your new Warp Portal account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users