Can't open enriched boxes? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't open enriched boxes?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 ohhemmgeee

ohhemmgeee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

Since Enriched Hammer came back, for some reason now while in chat with him, I cannot open anymore enriched boxes. Is anyone else having the same issue? It has made me waste a few safe certs just to get my stuff back to +7 because of this and also I had to buy a load of boxes and open them all at once before talking to the npc, otherwise I'm stuck with not being able to open more boxes. So now I'm stuck with 50 account bounded stones. Also, it seems success rates were lower than before because I had to use 3x as much than before. I also haven't received my xmas wreath, this xmas event blows.

#2 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

Gravity changes it for the Heimdollar$

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

You cannot open boxes while in the middle of upgrading dialogue anymore.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 24 December 2011 - 08:19 PM.

#4 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

it is the balance patch, i think this should be another iRO custom (opening boxes during dialogue)

#5 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

Once of the many changes to skill and item use is that it they are disabled while talking to NPC's. One of the main reasons for this to prevent npc abuses like being able to get both the falcon and the Warg on Rangers.

#6 ohhemmgeee

ohhemmgeee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Well, that sucks. Thanks again for ruining RO!

#7 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

Ugh, can we at least get an NPC to rebox stuff? I don't really need 50 spare Enriched Eluniums laying about :unsure:

#8 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Ugh, can we at least get an NPC to rebox stuff? I don't really need 50 spare Enriched Eluniums laying about :unsure:

Gravity wont because they lose Heimdollar$

#9 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

no skill or item use during npc dialogues ~_~''

#10 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

This suks for players with anything less than 20 bucks to on spend KP/ore in one go.

But it will probably have the round about effect of slightly raising the value of upgraded items.

#11 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:42 AM

Well, that sucks. Thanks again for ruining RO!

It's not that bad. If it's a huge issue, maybe the GMs can work something out.

#12 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

Once of the many changes to skill and item use is that it they are disabled while talking to NPC's. One of the main reasons for this to prevent npc abuses like being able to get both the falcon and the Warg on Rangers.

That explains disabling skills, if they're too lazy to put in proper fixes like changing:

if have_warg goto close_dialog;
several screens of dialog;
zeny = zeny - 2500;
set_falcon;
close;
to:

several screens of dialog;
if have_warg goto close_dialog;
zeny = zeny - 2500;
set_falcon;
close;

...or even disabling only the problematic skills.

What about items? This is just deterring me from upgrading.

#13 Macromega40

Macromega40

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

And what's the problem?, you can open box by box, why you need open 2 or more boxes at time?

#14 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

The issue is opening boxes while the dialog screen is open.

In the past, what you could do is Start upgrading an item from +7, open a box, refine 5 times, open another box, continue refining. As long as you keep the dialog box open, you can continue using enriched elunium to upgrade, even if your item is only +4. Any boxes you don't open can be resold.

Now, you can't open new boxes while you upgrade, so you have open up all your boxes from the start, which means you can resell any boxes you have left.

Also with this change, some people start upgrading their +7 with only 1 box opened, has their stuff downgraded, and couldn't open a new box to continue upgrading. I ended up with a +5 Nid Garb because of this :unsure:

Edited by KataiKou, 25 December 2011 - 11:37 AM.

#15 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

its the -_-ty client kro dumped on us... this change is kinda unfair and doesnt prevent people from using bot programs to get around this

#16 Macromega40

Macromega40

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

The issue is opening boxes while the dialog screen is open.

In the past, what you could do is Start upgrading an item from +7, open a box, refine 5 times, open another box, continue refining. As long as you keep the dialog box open, you can continue using enriched elunium to upgrade, even if your item is only +4. Any boxes you don't open can be resold.

Now, you can't open new boxes while you upgrade, so you have open up all your boxes from the start, which means you can resell any boxes you have left.

Also with this change, some people start upgrading their +7 with only 1 box opened, has their stuff downgraded, and couldn't open a new box to continue upgrading. I ended up with a +5 Nid Garb because of this :unsure:

And wasn´t that a bug abuse?, I tried to get my CoD at +9 last time, and when it was downgraded i were asked to get a cert to a safe upgrade. I still have my CoD at +7 sadly...

#17 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

And wasn´t that a bug abuse?, I tried to get my CoD at +9 last time, and when it was downgraded i were asked to get a cert to a safe upgrade. I still have my CoD at +7 sadly...

I don't think so. It has been this way on the HD Upgrader for years. And you don't need a Safe Upgrade cert if you keep the window open. That's still the case now. You just have to open all your elunium boxes before you start, and you can upgrade from 4-7 without needed certs (with Enriched rates) as long as you started upgrading from +7.

#18 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:11 AM

The fact that you could open boxes while in the dialogue was a bug and not a feature that people abused. Should have been this way all along but the iRO gms were too damn lenient about it.

#19 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

The fact that you could open boxes while in the dialogue was a bug and not a feature that people abused. Should have been this way all along but the iRO gms were too damn lenient about it.

What's your reasoning for this?

#20 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:16 AM

My reasoning is the fact that its not how you were meant to play the game. Was there any instance where you had to open a box item or even use a skill within a chat box? I sure as hell can't find one.

A better question is how is this supposed to be an intended feature and not a bug that was abused?

Pretty sure a whole lot o jack ass kids here are going to disagree and say that it's some sort of retarded feature but whatever. People need to stop crying about things and dealing with it.

#21 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

My reasoning is the fact that its not how you were meant to play the game.

That's not a fact. That's your opinion.

Was there any instance where you had to open a box item or even use a skill within a chat box? I sure as hell can't find one.

1. You're in a dungeon and you click on an NPC that's going to keep you tied up as a mob kills you. You used to be able to pot or wing or teleport.
2. You're going to turn in some EXP quests and you want to minimize manual wastage. You used to be able to skip through the dialog until just before it gave you EXP; then you used the manual.
3. Same as #2, except you're making pots using +30 foods with storage open.
4. You want to try upgrading something to +9, but you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of useless ores if you get lucky. You used to be able to buy a lot of boxes and open them only as necessary. Then you could sell the ones you didn't open.

A better question is how is this supposed to be an intended feature and not a bug that was abused?

This was the way it had always been, and I've never heard of anyone labeling it as "abuse" until now.

Keep in mind the original purpose of mighty hammer according to Heim:

Yes the intention was to only require a 1 time "chance" at breaking getting to +7. Then if you are dedicated and lucky you can get your desired upgrade level without break risk.

Do the current NPCs fully realize this intention? No; it's impossible due to limitations of the NPC scripting system. However, being able to open boxes during NPC dialog went a long way toward mitigating those limitations. That's why I'm surprised that anyone would consider it bug abuse.

...though if someone happened to be one of those hardcore kafra-$hop-addicted upgraders, I can imagine why they might be in favor of this change. Anything to keep those jack ass kids from encroaching on one's territory, right? :unsure:

#22 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

My reasoning is the fact that its not how you were meant to play the game. Was there any instance where you had to open a box item or even use a skill within a chat box? I sure as hell can't find one.

Pretty sure a whole lot o jack ass kids here are going to disagree and say that it's some sort of retarded feature but whatever. People need to stop crying about things and dealing with it.

Anytime you give players a option and than take it away without letting them know you will get these posts. Its bad management of the game. If it was a bug than the GM's should of posted it as a bug and said it was being taken out. How hard is that for them to do? Don't let a bunch of people downgrade there items to +4 lol.

I could really care less though. With so many +7 certs under 10mil each getting a item back to +7 is a joke lol.

#23 ohhemmgeee

ohhemmgeee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

That's not a fact. That's your opinion.

1. You're in a dungeon and you click on an NPC that's going to keep you tied up as a mob kills you. You used to be able to pot or wing or teleport.
2. You're going to turn in some EXP quests and you want to minimize manual wastage. You used to be able to skip through the dialog until just before it gave you EXP; then you used the manual.
3. Same as #2, except you're making pots using +30 foods with storage open.
4. You want to try upgrading something to +9, but you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of useless ores if you get lucky. You used to be able to buy a lot of boxes and open them only as necessary. Then you could sell the ones you didn't open.

This was the way it had always been, and I've never heard of anyone labeling it as "abuse" until now.

Keep in mind the original purpose of mighty hammer according to Heim:

Do the current NPCs fully realize this intention? No; it's impossible due to limitations of the NPC scripting system. However, being able to open boxes during NPC dialog went a long way toward mitigating those limitations. That's why I'm surprised that anyone would consider it bug abuse.

...though if someone happened to be one of those hardcore kafra-$hop-addicted upgraders, I can imagine why they might be in favor of this change. Anything to keep those jack ass kids from encroaching on one's territory, right? :unsure:

Well, that sucks. I just don't like it how they don't make an annoucements about these changes or bugs, but just changing things because they can. No wonder I couldn't tele while doing ore quest when the dialogue popped up. Now it's just stand there and click enter as fast as you can to close the dialogue before the mob kills you. I also can't tele in Manuk either. Wait, we can't stay in storage and brew anymore? They really do want your money, bad, real bad.

#24 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

Wait, we can't stay in storage and brew anymore?

We can. What I meant was that before the patch, you could go through most of the Kafra dialog, then quickly spam foods and press enter. Now you have to use foods before starting the dialog. It's only a few seconds difference, but when foods only last 5 minutes, even a few seconds can be significant. (Fortunately the last patch also removed my need for 5-minute foods. :unsure:)

#25 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

I love how everyone seriously thinks this was a feature. None of the points stated above have been legitimate intentions.

As for worrying about treading on my territory I wouldn't care since I don't buy or sell over upgraded gears. Just here stating that this was a bug that has just been exploited by players and the iRO gms didn't give a sh!t about it.

People just need to grow the :unsure: up and deal with it when your "options" are taken away. If you had it before, it was a privilege not a right and can be revoked at any given time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users