How serious? - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How serious?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

Its just amazing how its still the same atmosphere in here like before the patch, and in the old subforum from a year ago.
I mean, how there is not a single post from staff in this subforum.
Still don't know if suggestions are good in general or if its more like "tell us which parts of the patch we should change back" thing and they're just pulling off the illusion of any hope for the real stuff to be actually done.

If kro told you they dont want to change more than 3 small things from feedback, tell us, so we can stop giving a damn about it already.

What kind of feedback is realistic? Will anyone even read it? How serious are they? Is there contact on a weekly basis or was it like 5 months ago and utterly vague? I hate this. Cause RO is unique, always had alot of potential and it doesn't deserve to be treated nearly as awful as gravity korea does it.

Sorry its just I feel like Ive posted the same question a dozen times and still feel like talking to a wall.

Made a seperate thread as there is no more "general thingie" pinned one, and seeing how there was a few "I want broken fire trap back QQ" threads and no one really cared, shouldnt be a deal.

Edited by Charon, 26 December 2011 - 02:36 PM.

#2 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

should post this in the general forums, nobody will read it here :o

#3 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

This post >>> All feedback communicates something Worth Another read >>> http://forums.warppo...ndpost&p=687306

Edited by lainee, 27 December 2011 - 11:59 PM.

#4 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

I know that nobody will read it here, but at least it would show if any of the staff ever do.
Result, yeah...no
Lets see what happens if I repost it in general? :B

Edited by Charon, 02 January 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#5 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

LOL I posted something similar in the old feedback forum from a year ago and I said something like: "If a member of the iRO staff reads this just please reply and say you did". That was in May last year and no one ever replied to it, ever. Now that forum is gone and this one is here in its place.

Have to admit though, it's gotta be hard to disseminate all the information on this forum and decide what is people poo-pooing nerfs to their own class, what is people looking to add more exploits, and what are genuinely good ideas to help improve game balance. Especially from the point of view of people who don't even play the game actively.

It could be made easier if there were some sort of top ten request/bug fix list for each class and the game in general. As the forum is set up now, it's hard to gather all the information needed to make such a list. For example, I could post in the cast times thread that the re-use delay for skill A is too long considering that the damage is X, while Charon could post in the skill damage thread that the damage of skill A should be increased because the re-use delay is so long. What's the right answer in that case? Maybe both, maybe neither, maybe players of the one class that gets one-shot by that skill haven't spoken up enough to be heard. Someone needs to read this forum and try to compile that list of information. I suppose logically, it should be the fun-gineers, but I've seen very few of them take much initiative at doing anything. I don't really have a good solution.

Edited by Akin, 04 January 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#6 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:29 AM

I suppose logically, it should be the fun-gineers, but I've seen very few of them take much initiative at doing anything. I don't really have a good solution.

Which was unfortunately one of the reasons why many of us opposed the idea of fun-gineers (which should have been a good idea) after it became a free for all with a membership based more on post count than actually having any knowledge of the game (for most, not all obviously), when really it should have been a handful of long term players (such as your self, Charon etc) who have seen the game evolve over time to the state it is under renewal, and who actually understand the mechanics and the intention (at least) of how skills are meant to be used.

#7 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:11 AM

it's pathetic how little of the balance patch has been fixed, since it added so many bugs.
somehow that would still be excusable with "no time, holidays, etc" but that only worked if a gm showed up and actually said it.
but they seem to ignore the whole bug forum for now until further notice :wave:

#8 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:54 AM

The iRO staff is stuck in a rather uneviable position. This is now the 3rd time they've asked for major feedback since Renewal hit (and the second they've had a dedicated forum for it!), on the empty promise of kRO actually listening to versions besides kRO and jRO. They know iRO's future depends on this stuff getting fixed (in particular, we actually care about PvM, kRO clearly doesn't). They've shown time and again that they're willing to put the needed effort in on their end to get things fixed. Heim and Oda have made several posts over the months showing that they have a good understanding of what's broken, and in the extremely limited scope of what iRO is allowed to change, efforts have been made to fix things.

Unfortunately, however, if kRO decided they want iRO to just rot away like so many other versions have, then all iRO can really do is delay the inevitable. With how long it's been with almost nothing changed that wasn't done by iRO itself, it does appear that kRO has in fact made this decision, and iRO is trying frantically to buy time and get them to get them to change their minds, or failing that, to keep RO1 alive long enough that an RO2 server can actually exist here, praying that it gets enough initial press (and therefore players) that kRO might actually care the second time around.

#9 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

Heim and Oda have made several posts over the months showing that they have a good understanding of what's broken...

I haven't seen this.

#10 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

Contrary to popular belief, Fun-geneers don't actually have a say in what does and doesn't get done in the game. What we do is study trends and take note of things the player base is doing (and what we are doing as players) and discuss it in our own little BBS and forums on a semi-official level. We can't magically suck up to Heim and Oda to make things happen, but rather just discuss things that might be cool in a neat and orderly manner that's easier for the mods to browse through as opposed to millions of troll and crying posts on the forums. Fun-gineers do not sit there and make uninformed, selfish decisions based on their own gameplay experiences. Like "I want this!"

Even then there's no proof that anything in the fun-gineer section gets appraised. The real baddies here are, as always, KRO.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 14 January 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#11 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

In case you hadn't noticed, it was a fun-gineer who created this topic, not one of the selfish non-fun-gineers.

#12 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

heh reported mechanic bugs 4 weeks ago and no reply, i might as well send a ticket now :D

#13 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Geez...

I don't know what more there is to say in this "one way towards dead end" conversation, or whether anyone should even care.

#14 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:07 AM

heh reported mechanic bugs 4 weeks ago and no reply, i might as well send a ticket now :blaugh:

should complain about max power thrust being canceled when headgear switching, so dumb

#15 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

futile bump

#16 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

indeed...

#17 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Whoa, this forum is really hard to find now...

#18 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

i just came here to see if it still existed

#19 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

I found it by searching for threads I created. :dunno:

But anyway, I only checked forums to see if there were any relevant responses (like anything on what Ive been asking for years, or simply related to some kind of contact with kro, if there even is any, etc..), for the past few months. As in not even caring if the content would be anything positive.

Thank you for not giving a damn and letting my (once) favourite game turn into crap over the past years.
Ragnarok had great potential. It didn't deserve this awful treatment.

Edited by Charon, 14 June 2012 - 08:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users