Help another Player - Page 2 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

Help another Player

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#26 VermillionT

VermillionT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationI travel across Midgard, aimlessly.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

This is where we put a suggestion into the GM's about making a place that people can type /help <Question here> and it teleports them to a special place and automatically puts up a chat with the name of the question that the "Mentors" can enter and answer questions.

Not sure how'd they get back though. >.>...

I'd be all up for helping but I just came back to play on Valk, I gotta get accustomed again before I say I'll do it.

EDIT: Mentors would need a command to get there.
Shops should not be able to be set up there.

Will add more as I think of it.

Errr... No. That's far too complex for such a simple option and so abusable.

More like:
Players type "/help <Question here>" and it sends the message to all online characters with the "Mentor" Tag. The question is displayed as a PM to all Mentors so it can be responded to quickly and efficiently, without disturbing their gameplay.
The only problem would be multiple mentors all responding to the same question. But it's far better than basically giving everyone a free warp away from impending doom.

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:27 AM

^there may be a way to make that happen, but it'll be a long time coming.

Edited by Xellie, 29 December 2011 - 01:30 AM.

#28 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

Hey I'd like to help out too
Server:Ymir
IGN:xvxkratosxvx
I'm not the best in game but I'd like to help the cause

#29 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:07 AM

I can help a bit in game, but mostly out on Ymir. I can mostly answer questions about 3rd class performer skills and the current stat calculator.

#30 recolector22

recolector22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Server:Valky

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:12 AM

i want to take part too
i speak mostly spanish but i have some english skills (just the basic understanding really)

can help on forums and/or ingame

PD
im on valky server

Edited by recolector22, 29 December 2011 - 03:13 AM.

#31 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

Please add me to your list for Ymir server. Chars: Fudgie the Whale, Nuckin' Futz, Feef, Shady Bob, Grundle Inoffensive, Rapid Eddy, Nasr ad-Din. Also often on: Ai Ming, Wendy the Incorruptible, Joan Arp, but these chars are shared with my wife and son, so it could be any of us, although my son would certainly want to help too. Languages: English, French, some German and Czech as well, but the French and German are book French and German; I have a little trouble with text/chat-type abbreviations in those languages.

#32 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Ill help out, Ravaged is my ingame name on Valkyrie server.

#33 Pitt007

Pitt007

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

add me

#34 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

I would have vacation next week, so sign me up for mainly Spanish and english, Valk server.

While I do both languages, I speak fluenty in english also my slavesfriends do the spanish help and mentoring for newbies.

and might as well apply for the commitee on my way out

Edited by Kiryu, 29 December 2011 - 06:50 PM.

#35 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

I'm Sorta new myself ( Old Returning player ) but I have a sound Knowledge of the game I can help people with advice ect. Feel Free to hit me up too.

Edited by Ali0510, 29 December 2011 - 08:18 PM.

#36 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Errr... No. That's far too complex for such a simple option and so abusable.

More like:
Players type "/help <Question here>" and it sends the message to all online characters with the "Mentor" Tag. The question is displayed as a PM to all Mentors so it can be responded to quickly and efficiently, without disturbing their gameplay.
The only problem would be multiple mentors all responding to the same question. But it's far better than basically giving everyone a free warp away from impending doom.

True.

It could just send a message to one mentor, like the system cycles through the ones currently online, that way mentors have time to answer and they all dont get flooded by it.

If all are currently assisting people make a queue line ;D

#37 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

Two ideas:

Make it known in game that a specific place is a meeting place ( I recommend the south left building of the prontera square )

And if this gets an official go ahead the original volunteers / or members in the guilds get a distinguishing clothing - think GM clothes, just alt colored like clothing dyes do to our normal clothes. No other special abilities or anything, just something to help distinguish volunteers from normal players. This shouldn't be too hard since Hiem had some weird combo GM type thing that was like a bard with a cart or something a while ago...

#38 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

Xellie, That's why you were on the valk server! You sent me a friend request but it didn't go through when I clicked yes probably hours after you sent it. You can put me down for this, not like I don't have random people asking me for help and guidance as it is.

#39 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:22 AM

Add me Too, I love helping out Newbies

Yggdrasil Server

#40 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:10 AM

List updated! I'll be working on a way to give more detail with this, if I''ve missed anyone, just poke this thread

People have been using the chat, although, it's not official, come in and say hi to some other helpers

#41 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

I'm up for it, as long as you can decide when to answer, and not have new players pming you constantly. Where's the chat location for ymir?

Character: Creator of the Ghost
services: advice, help with quests, potter will be ready soon and will make all slim type pots, if the cost can be cheaper then buying from npc will also make normal pots,
notes : been playing for quite some time, just want to help out new/returning players a bit

Edited by Ghost007, 31 December 2011 - 09:38 AM.

#42 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

I'll gladly put my name up here, but you guys need to troll New Player Strategies, I've been picking up new players there, teaching them some vital things in game, helping them with eden quests, showing them valuable drops and techniques.
Wonder if this thread could be placed in both forums.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

I'll gladly put my name up here, but you guys need to troll New Player Strategies, I've been picking up new players there, teaching them some vital things in game, helping them with eden quests, showing them valuable drops and techniques.

what I'm hoping is to plead with the GMs to rearrange the forums so the newbie section isn't so.... buried.

#44 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

Don't put my name on the list. Ten minutes in they afk for a shower and I'm suppose to guard the character they left on the map. I'm not doing this anymore, they always quit, or you get someone who thinks your time is worthless.

#45 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

Two ideas:

Make it known in game that a specific place is a meeting place ( I recommend the south left building of the prontera square )

And if this gets an official go ahead the original volunteers / or members in the guilds get a distinguishing clothing - think GM clothes, just alt colored like clothing dyes do to our normal clothes. No other special abilities or anything, just something to help distinguish volunteers from normal players. This shouldn't be too hard since Hiem had some weird combo GM type thing that was like a bard with a cart or something a while ago...

These are good ideas but I think on the clothing thing could an armor costume be created for mentors so if u were busy say with a quest or something you could take it off or leave it on while in Eden. Or if the whole sprite can't get changed could there possibly be a mentor costume headgear that people could recognize since it wouldn't affect any gear of there's whole lvling etc?

Edited by Dawei, 31 December 2011 - 06:03 PM.

#46 ILuvGirls

ILuvGirls

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGainesville, VA
  • Server:idk

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

luv ur artwork on deviant art its gr8

#47 ILuvGirls

ILuvGirls

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGainesville, VA
  • Server:idk

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

hey can sum1 help me when im able 2 get in the game cuz im new so u know just saying since u guys r trying 2 help newbies

#48 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hi xellie you missed me ^_^

#49 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

Don't put my name on the list. Ten minutes in they afk for a shower and I'm suppose to guard the character they left on the map. I'm not doing this anymore, they always quit, or you get someone who thinks your time is worthless.

lol
Yeah gotta say i can't do it either since I'm done with RO pretty much.
Uninstalled it today when it wouldn't start and I just haven't cared to re-install it x3
(awaiting RO2 now @u@)

#50 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

hey can sum1 help me when im able 2 get in the game cuz im new so u know just saying since u guys r trying 2 help newbies

Depends on what server you are on and when you get online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users