What are people buying? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What are people buying?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

I have been vending ever since I came back and it has been really difficult to sell anything.
From diab/valk gears, nid garbs, variants, ifrit rings, Mvp drops etc. What are you guys spending your zeny on?

For me, I buy:
- He Gums
- +20's foods
- hp increase pots
- Rank slims
- Yggseeds/berries
- WPE on ocassions.

Please state what you guys buy on a daily basis with zeny ofc. I would really appreciate it.

#2 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

1) WPE
2) WPE
3) WPE
4) WPE
5) WPE
6)Umm, maybe some random supply for the moment, or kafra headgear of the event. There isn't much left to buy for me, since I already got everything my charas use @@

#3 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

Veterans-don't need gear for the most part
Noobs-don't know they need gear

End result is no one really buying anything.

#4 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

1)WPE
2)x3's
3)HE Gum
3)HP/SP Increase pot
4)vitata500's
6)Converters
7)+20 Food
8)kafra headgears that I don't have

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

Gears won't sell very well anymore due to there being so much supply with little demand. The only option is deflation and the hope for gears to break once in a while.

The only things that do sell very well nowadays are things not easily farmed, but are in high demand. Rogue's Treasure isn't easily farmed, but it is in high demand.

It's also very easy to sell things that are considered supplies like Ygg Seeds, Strawberries, Witch Starsands, etc. As the rankings for Brewers is about to get reset, those brewing materials are going to be very popular in the coming week.

#6 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

Well I buy Strawberries... ALOT!
So yeah consumables is the best way to get zenny ATM, you could sell gear if you stick a little below Ragial's average price... Aside from that.. I don't know what else to tell you D:

Edited by iiNote, 29 December 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hoarding zeny for a nice MvP card that might come out on sale.

#8 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

Why are there price fixes on supplies in Valk? All stems buy for 400, same goes for bee stings and cactus needles, if you paid a little more I'd hunt the :) out of them. Spent an hour when someone put their cactus needle at 700.

And why did blue herbs get cut from 2000>1000? I would rather use them inappropriately then to encourage that kind of greed. I'm ok with rough elu/ori prices, branch prices, and strawberry prices. But if you put the easy farming supplies up by 25-50%, then I think more players would spend time hunting.

Should go hunt maneater blossoms, sick of people buying them at 700, they probably have billions.

#9 Recette

Recette

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

Saving up Weapon Certs for the next Enriched Hammer event, since I ran out of zeny last weekend.

#10 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Why are there price fixes on supplies in Valk? All stems buy for 400, same goes for bee stings and cactus needles, if you paid a little more I'd hunt the :) out of them. Spent an hour when someone put their cactus needle at 700.

And why did blue herbs get cut from 2000>1000? I would rather use them inappropriately then to encourage that kind of greed. I'm ok with rough elu/ori prices, branch prices, and strawberry prices. But if you put the easy farming supplies up by 25-50%, then I think more players would spend time hunting.

Should go hunt maneater blossoms, sick of people buying them at 700, they probably have billions.

Don't sell to buy shops if they are too low. I for one buy Maneaters at like 1-1.5k when I level low level chars.

#11 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

Don't sell to buy shops if they are too low. I for one buy Maneaters at like 1-1.5k when I level low level chars.

Just collected like 150 blossoms and no one's buying

#12 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

supply vs demand. if its not selling your asking for too much, regardless of what you "think" its worth. People seem to get the impression that prices should be static for some goods, thats not the case.

And where did my negative rep button go ?! /hrm

#13 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

1: Kafra(blue pots, small/med life potions, regen pots, job manuals, enriched, some lucky boxes from time to time)
2: Mastela's(6400 zeny is cheaper than condensed and condensed seem too hard to get for me)
3: Converters
4: EDP(high level turns ins on a GX with edp/RC are pretty fast)

I don't need gear and I guess nobody else needs gear as well. Kafra gear doesn't even sell right now. Hard to make zeny selling gears.

This post pretty much will show that the easiest way to make zeny is via selling wpe. Kind of sucks because I don't like doing that. I may have to start if people don't buy anything I sell.

From my perspective the economy in game is not doing real good right now. Kafra gear is dirt cheap. Nobody cares about mvp drops. Nobody cares about over upgraded stuff. Seems like less people are on right now as well. Prices keep dropping and nothing is selling.

Weird Market. Maybe everybody is on RO2 lol.

#14 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

i think GMs should add a turn in npc for rare gears

for example
the diab set and nid garb are dipping more and more due to high supply and even tho the mvps are buffed and less people can do the instance solo, the supply remains high as none or little are broken

what the gms can do is set up a thread and veterans in the game propose which gears are in extremely high demand and need to be able to be rid of in the server

then the gms make a poll re confirm the items that are in excess supply

finally, they add the item to the npc which turns the gears for account bound items to make sure the zeny doesnt circulate around which may in turn cause the gears to be de-valued again
e.g. trades for hugel medals, kvm badges, reset stones, life potions, buff scrolls, etc....

#15 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

i think GMs should add a turn in npc for rare gears

for example
the diab set and nid garb are dipping more and more due to high supply and even tho the mvps are buffed and less people can do the instance solo, the supply remains high as none or little are broken

what the gms can do is set up a thread and veterans in the game propose which gears are in extremely high demand and need to be able to be rid of in the server

then the gms make a poll re confirm the items that are in excess supply

finally, they add the item to the npc which turns the gears for account bound items to make sure the zeny doesnt circulate around which may in turn cause the gears to be de-valued again
e.g. trades for hugel medals, kvm badges, reset stones, life potions, buff scrolls, etc....

Or they could stop implementing safety net over safety net so gear breaks normally. People want gear not to break, yet they surprise about inflation and gears not selling...

#16 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Converters
Condenced Ranked pots
Elemental potions
Occational reset stones from people
Blue pots

Also resccently baught Ninja scroll, Umbala spirit, Koneko Hat.. I don't hoard my zeny.. :3

#17 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

I don't hoard my zeny.. :3

the reason i am poor....

#18 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Blue gems. ;D;

there was some smart dude vending bluegems right outside the shop in geffen. Tru brainz there, I just baught him out while I was in a rush on my AB. :)

Edited by Fluffylovr, 30 December 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#19 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

1. bwings
2. bwings
3. more bwings

some realll essential there

serious note, mostly just consumables and supplies.

#20 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

Basic supplies like fwings, bwings, awakes, berserks, strawberries, etc...

Gears do sell but you gotta know how to wheel and deal. Ragial is your best friend and your worst enemy at the same time.

#21 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

I have just known that the best way to earn money is through a blacksmith or a genetic.
Or KP, gears are hard to sell even overupgraded ones.

#22 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

Veterans-don't need gear for the most part
Noobs-don't know they need gear

End result is no one really buying anything.

Great point :)

#23 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Smart people are saving their money or they buy wpe.
the rich are going to be ultra rich from Heim$'s plans to deflate everything.

#24 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

Nothing. I'm hoarding.

#25 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

On Ymir, blue herbs go for 13-16k+ each 0o
And I mean that is someone setting up a buy shop for like 800 of them or more at 16k...
actually if you check ragial right meow, someone is buying 863 Blue Herbs for 16k each.

Maybe you should server transfer, really.
It's hard to actually earn zeny on Valkyrie when you are starting out because players bot those items to no end.
Once you make enough zeny to get all the gears you need, just transfer back or something.

This is the Buying Section on ragial for Ymir right now:

Posted Image

Edited by Okii, 30 December 2011 - 02:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users