Where is minus 1 button? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

Where is minus 1 button?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

POPULAR

Why was he minus option for posts removed? I don't feel like having an I agree option is good if I can't disagree. Forums aren't like facebook where only the people who agree with you matters and the people who don't agree just don't look at your profile/what you do.

Forums are more about opinions, and the ability to agree or disagree without having to quote and say "+1" or "-1" was perfect. It also showed a more realistic opinion from comunnity when the several pluses were balanced against the several minuses. Now instead, there can be bad opinions only half or very few people agree with, and they seem like if most people agreed with it.

I wouldn't care as much, if I wasn't 99% certain that GM/CMs mostly skim through posts which contain ideas and read only the posts with many likes/dislikes. Having no option to balance the likes and dislikes, can make their opinions about the game even more mislead.

Please bring back the minus option for posts.

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

GM wants us hug and give each other candy and ride unicorns, so there shouldn't be any negativity of any sort, including -1s. :)

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 30 December 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#3 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

people on these forums are too immature with the negative rep button and down rep people simply because they don't like the person.

and honestly, most of the time, our opinions either don't matter or the community has bad ideas.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

you can post -1 in response to someone's post and everyone who agrees with you can +1 your -1 ;D!

#5 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

GM wants us hug and give each other candy and ride unicorns, so there shouldn't be any negativity of any sort, including -1s. :)

Dislike, -1!

#6 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

aww now i cant get -1 from Mr.T anymore this is a sad day indeed.

its like we started off in college and ended up in preschool... just change the + button to a gold star and let me have my cookies and milk already.

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Whatever happened to the use of words to disagree, if you're going to -1 someone and disagree then you should also be accountable to say why you disagree not just because its raining outside, you're in a bad mood, you dislike the person, or you because its fun.

On another note people have been abusing it for a while now, not just on this board but in other games too. So it was take it all away or this for now.

#8 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

Whatever happened to the use of words to disagree, if you're going to -1 someone and disagree then you should also be accountable to say why you disagree not just because its raining outside, you're in a bad mood, you dislike the person, or you because its fun.

On another note people have been abusing it for a while now, not just on this board but in other games too. So it was take it all away or this for now.

might as well take it all away. and that should also go for +1ing people ive seen many a people get +1 just because the person is a friend or are trying to become friends.

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

Since people can't cry about losing it, how about displaying total rep again!

#10 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

POPULAR

you act like abusing it meant anything on a game forum. it's not like with a certain amount of negative rep, the user loses posting rights. anyone that has a brain and has anything meaningful to contribute will never take negative rep seriously. it was more along the lines of amusing to neg rep a dumb post, which there are many.

all in all, some people just need a little reminder that they are dumb and need to think or research before they post in the hopes that they one day will aspire to "normal" status

#11 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

i would be ok with that reasoning,... but since they still kept the green + in, only removing the red - makes no sense whatsoever.

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

might as well take it all away. and that should also go for +1ing people ive seen many a people get +1 just because the person is a friend or are trying to become friends.

Thank you. Biggest slap at a forum mod for once.

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

It was one of the options, the admins chose the current one.

#14 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

i mean to me it just make sense to just get rid of it.
i dont really know what purpose it serves.
i think a good question to ask would be why do people even want a rep system?
if someone has a good idea im pretty sure the majority of the people will know instead of being like "HERPDERP thats a good idea i approve +1" and if they want to support it make a claim.
if its a bad idea then make a claim as why it is instead of "I NO LIKE Y OU -1."
Rep on this forum is meaning less it does nothing to improve the game all it does is make a popularity contest or if people are bored then see if they can + or - people the most.

Edited by shurareki, 30 December 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#15 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

I find it funny that GM's can be repped now... but of course only after the neg rep is removed, >w>

#16 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

i actually like knowing that people do/don't agree with my posts, or find them an enjoyable read, even if they can't be arsed to write something. The positive feedback is usually a lot more important than the negative though. For example, I post in the skill balance thread that varetyr's longer cast time post-balance makes no sense, and there are 5 likes, now I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Edited by Jaye, 30 December 2011 - 09:20 AM.

#17 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

It was one of the options, the admins chose the current one.

Could you please point to the admins that the minus and plus options were a nice fast way of saying "cool, I agree" or "nyupe, that idea is really bad", without clogging the forums with pages and pages f repetitive opinions. And for when threads reached several pages proportions, people could just skim through the posts with high + or - reputation to catch an idea about what was being discussed.

I don't see a point in keeping the plus button if there isn't a minus button, other than giving misleading opinions.

The plus and minus buttons got abused once or twice for every hundred times they were being used correctly to mark a good or bad point, so I don't see how removing something nice, useful and working was the best idea.

#18 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

So now we just let them abuse the +1 thing instead. The original poster I think had it right. It should be balanced to were people can plus or minus. Some people want to just +1/-1 then not post that is up to them. I think anything I ever used that on I would always post. And if I didnt post it was because I +1ed it and thought it said everything I wanted to. But most the times I made the post to say I agreed.

If the gms are afraid of it being abused they need to remove the whole thing. Or put the other half of it back in and just monitor the forums more.

As far as people being negativaly impacted. I can think of some very noisy people on the forum that post thier opinion and try to better the game that get a lot of -1 because they care more for the game than appeasing peoples wants for quadruple experience. If someone takes a -11 to heart and cries then they should have most likely not been posting.

I loved the -1 post because I could just toss it on top of everyone elses when someone posts some trollish crap into a very serious discussion and starts to make it go off topic.

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

Could you please point to the admins that the minus and plus options were a nice fast way of saying "cool, I agree" or "nyupe, that idea is really bad", without clogging the forums with pages and pages f repetitive opinions. And for when threads reached several pages proportions, people could just skim through the posts with high + or - reputation to catch an idea about what was being discussed.

I don't see a point in keeping the plus button if there isn't a minus button, other than giving misleading opinions.

The plus and minus buttons got abused once or twice for every hundred times they were being used correctly to mark a good or bad point, so I don't see how removing something nice, useful and working was the best idea.

Make your case to Oda, I have don't control over it.

If you don't like it, send a PM to Oda expressing your concerns.

Edited by Inubashiri, 30 December 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#20 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

I guess I will, please dont lock this thread though. So far I see no reason why this discussion that has been civil would need to be locked.

and I can just point this thread out to Oda since it makes it own case for it.

Edited by Mayhem, 30 December 2011 - 09:36 AM.

#21 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

I find it funny that GM's can be repped now... but of course only after the neg rep is removed, >w>

I've always wondered about people that downrep but don't say anything, especially when it's something like... economics or ingame physics?

Seems silly, they should say something if they want to have a say.

#22 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

Realistically speaking, its been gone before on here and people got along just fine. iRO Wiki doesn't have that system and they get along fine without it. I personally don't care, I just don't like having to deal with people who log complains about being minus'ed for asking a question or seeking help or stating a fact, most of the time the system is upside down, when really as Mods we can't do anything about it.

Edited by Inubashiri, 30 December 2011 - 09:39 AM.

#23 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

Realistically speaking, its been gone before on here and people got along just fine. iRO Wiki doesn't have that system and they get along fine without it. I personally don't care, I just don't like having to deal with people who log complains about being minus'ed for asking a question or seeking help or stating a fact, most of the time the system is upside down, when really as Mods we can't do anything about it.

Realistically speaking, I miss the - and + button on other forums. Sure the forums could work without them, but they could work much, much better with them.

#24 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Make your case to Oda, I have don't control over it.

If you don't like it, send a PM to Oda expressing your concerns.

im confused do you have control over it?

i agree with this there is no reason why you should have to deal with people that cant take negative rep or people who - people for asking for help because they dont know better. but it doesnt mean keep the good part this isnt elementary school. this system just seems like it is more of a chore then a help.

Edited by Inubashiri, 30 December 2011 - 09:46 AM.
fixed quote

#25 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

Well I guess I could type of a nice "Friendly Responce" to help you so you can copy and paste it to the people that have a problem with getting negatives.

Realistically speaking iro was doing just fine before patches, etc etc etc. I dont see that as really an excuse. The whole system of -/+ has to be taken the same way as any critique. Have you really never met anyone in game you have tried to give friendly advice to and they freak out on you. I had a priestess that we tried to give advice to leave us in the middle of a party. Some people cant take anything negative. Might actually do them good to realize some people are idiots, and other just dont agree with them.

Now honestly if your so hated in the forum that you get 1000 negatives. That person might just deserve it, and I cant think of anyone (even the trollers) that have that many negative.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users