Where is minus 1 button? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

Where is minus 1 button?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#51 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

I'd like the + removed as well.
I've never been a fan of rep systems.
In my experience they have only ever made communities act more spoiled and childish as a whole.
Treat people like kids and they will act like kids.

#52 d4nftw

d4nftw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

how am i supposed to make people hate me now?

an hero yourself over a video game.

100% success rate.

#53 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

i +1'd this thread cze i couldnt -1 it T_T

and how am i supposed to enjoy cydras posts without the -1 button?

#54 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

Interesting though. The negative rep situation, suddenly becomes an 'issue' to perhaps a small and possibly favored minority - and the forum Admins act on in instantly. However problems such as the forum page loading speed issue and retarded sig and avatar sizes seem to get lost in the mix...

#55 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

I +1'd because I would be the 22nd to +1 and my Birthday is January 22nd so it makes total sense for me to do so <__>

Popular Star, GASP!

... Does that appear after a certain number of +1's to the OP?
If so, I'm bout to start laughing xD

#56 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

an hero yourself over a video game.

100% success rate.

i want contempt, not pity!

#57 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

you act like abusing it meant anything on a game forum. it's not like with a certain amount of negative rep, the user loses posting rights. anyone that has a brain and has anything meaningful to contribute will never take negative rep seriously. it was more along the lines of amusing to neg rep a dumb post, which there are many.

all in all, some people just need a little reminder that they are dumb and need to think or research before they post in the hopes that they one day will aspire to "normal" status

I think i love you( Havent posted on here in weeks and was quite shocked at be trolled but the - button -___-)
___

#58 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

I think i love you( Havent posted on here in weeks and was quite shocked at be trolled but the - button -___-)
___

Posted Image

#59 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

That the whole problem right there. DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

-1ing the trolls just encourages them to troll more. Completely ignoring them on the other hand will will bother them 1000X more than giving them the -1 or flame response that they where looking for.

REPLYING to the trolls encourages them to troll more.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 30 December 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#60 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

people on these forums are too immature with the negative rep button and down rep people simply because they don't like the person.

and honestly, most of the time, our opinions either don't matter or the community has bad ideas.

Whatever happened to the use of words to disagree, if you're going to -1 someone and disagree then you should also be accountable to say why you disagree not just because its raining outside, you're in a bad mood, you dislike the person, or you because its fun.

On another note people have been abusing it for a while now, not just on this board but in other games too. So it was take it all away or this for now.

Yup, the big problem is people confusing "I do not agree with this person's post -1" with "I don't like this person -1". It was a problem back when we had a poster's rep under their name, and it continued to be a problem. At the height of the rep idiocy, people were creating sockpuppet accounts just to +1 their posts and -1 posters they didn't like.

It makes sense to have a +1 so instead of posting "me too I agree" you can give a little +1 to the post. Disagreeing with a post should really require something more substantial than just a one second click.

REPLYING to the trolls encourages them to troll more.

Ignoring them wont solve it either , it will just make them to try harder, derail,circumvent intent,gather up more troll's to troll.
you are underestimating trolls.

Edited by Zinja, 30 December 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#61 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

Either bring the "-" back or get rid of the "+" as well.

Having just the "+" available is as ignorant a belief about how to moderate a forum as is keeping just the "-".

The fact that the mods and/or cms here spend any serious time dealing with complaints about being minused says it all about these forums. No offence.

#62 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

There's definitely a good reason why sites like Facebook only have a "Like" button

#63 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Sorry buddy, but Facebook =/= Ragnarok Online Forums

#64 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

Can you guys bring neg rep back, but give an option to hide the button and its effects?
Have that as default or something and posters will eventually figure out that they can activate neg reps.

Then if someone wants to complain, they can just hide it and everyone else can go about their business.

Edited by Okii, 30 December 2011 - 07:18 PM.

#65 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

I still think having the rep system at all will still detract or add artificial value to the opinions expressed in any given post, but...

Honestly, I'd also prefer having both the negatives and the positives to just one or the other. But if the problem is really people just abusing it, why not implement a mandatory little form fill-out something-or-other every time you up or down rep something with mouseovers showing the last five comments or something, and not necessarily who made them (except to the poster, perhaps)? That way, users could see the "words to disagree" without the mods having to moderate out the BS de-reps. The extra work of having to write justification for your de-rep would (hopefully) deter a lot of the reflexive and meaningless "I don't like you" de-reppings.

Maybe it'd be silly reading mini posts about posts, but at least everyone would have access to the justifications (if any). *shrug*

#66 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

while im awake every post in this topic will get a +
you are all Gold star students in my book and soon it will be recess and then a short nap time so we are well rested for story time.

#67 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

while im awake every post in this topic will get a +
you are all Gold star students in my book and soon it will be recess and then a short nap time so we are well rested for story time.

Wheres my snack ;(

#68 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

Wheres my snack ;(

heres sum cookies
Posted Image

Edited by shurareki, 30 December 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#69 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

why is it so important that you show the other person that You don't like or agree .
are You the Boss of him/her?
why do you want to show your self proclaimed importance, self proclaimed significant existence to the other person who might not actually give a damn about you ?
why are you so desperate to poke your e-pen..
what are you lacking in your life that can only be sated by showing others their place ( by your standards/opinion's)
why are you so desperate to thrust your opinion down others throats?

#70 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

why is it so important that you show the other person that You don't like or agree .
why do you want to show your self proclaimed importance, self proclaimed significant existence to the other person who might not actually give a damn about you ?
what are you lacking in your life that can only be sated by showing others their place ( by your standards/opinion's)

Because that's how society works. If you don't have the balls to shove what you believe unto others, they'll continue to do whatever the hell they are doing and piss you off more.

#71 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

heres sum cookies
Posted Image

omg yessss Posted Image

#72 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Just track them independantly. Its kinda dumb to see a post has a rating of "0" when its actually had 20 votes.

Two figures, for example "+5, -3" should be displayed. Then you get a true view of what people think about the idea and can tell the difference between an idea that is fiercely debated and one that nobody read. Also means you can see how many people actually agree with a highly negative post.

#73 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Chill out man, why would you let a minus on your post get you so upset? Maybe I'm missing something but you're acting like you're the one who's been victimized. If you have, then I'm sorry, but you have to be the bigger person. It's just a online game forum.

I for one, love to see feedback on my posts. Not often, but sometimes, I do take the time to try and express my opinions about some aspect of the game, and I relish the opportunity to see how the community reacts. Before, if I had mostly pluses, then I knew that the people reading it, seemed to agree, if I had all minuses, then I knew I struck a nerve or said something way off base. Lastly, if I had a mixture, then perhaps I said something very polarizing or very outside of the box. In any case, the feedback was and is useful for me, and more importantly, useful to the rest of the community.

The way it is now, I can only assume that if I have no pluses, then no one even bothered to read my post unless someone quotes it, or I take the time to read every post after mine looking to see of someone commented on it.

Anyway, damn I want those cookies!

#74 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

Those cookies are too cute.

#75 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

I can't believe this thread is 3 pages going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users