First Class Tests - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

First Class Tests

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

I just want to know why they were taken out and when also are they coming back anytime soon? It was kinda cool having them

#2 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

I just want to know why they were taken out and when also are they coming back anytime soon? It was kinda cool having them

Because its a huge waste of time.. All of the other job quests keep you busy enough.. and I mean
most of the community don't even want the job change quests around!

Soo you can see why the first job's have you quest anymore.. Imagine how confusing it would
be for some new person to do the first job quests? I mean completly new to mmorpgs? Or even for
that matter.. imagine them doing the Sage job change quest LOLOL They wouldn't have a hope
unless they knew how to google...

soo that could be why?

#3 Schmierig

Schmierig

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Server:Ymir, fRO Chaos

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

They still need to do the Sage Job Quest though =D

But I agree, if you get thrown into a Jobquest at the beginning of a game where you haven't done ONE quest to begin with anyone would be confused.

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

They were taken out because RO was taken by casualitism. So anything which took effort to get and which attracted the kind of people who liked to invest time on a game was taken away, and the game slowly targeted the kind of people who plays games for a few minutes and if flashings and instant satisfaction doesn't appear then they quit. Kinda like a facebook or an arcade game.

Different kind of people, different game design...

#5 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

Many people asked me where is the job change npc (eery job had been asked before)

So I think the quests will be asking too much of them

#6 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

The first class job change quest were pointless and taught you nothing about the class you were going to become.

I still clearly remember doing swordie test when I first started RO. Walk through a couple of
rooms and not fall in the hole. Yep, still don't see what this has to do with being a swordsman.

#7 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

I thought the Swordie test was fun. D:

#8 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

I thought the Swordie test was fun. D:

When I first played RO. It was like, "Oh a hole!" *jumps*

#9 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

The first class job change quest were pointless and taught you nothing about the class you were going to become.

I still clearly remember doing swordie test when I first started RO. Walk through a couple of
rooms and not fall in the hole. Yep, still don't see what this has to do with being a swordsman.

Helps to teach you how to focus I guess also maybe having the test as an option would be good like maybe something like if you take the test you get new quips or something But yea you're kinda right the tests don't teach you anything about the class except maybe the thief test one cause you actually are stealing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users