Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

@CeruleanGamer:
Black Wing set is horrible for an agi dagger build same with Sharp Arrow... -7 ASPD with the set and Sharp arrow only gives crit to bow attacks.

Edit:
Camo is useless in your build. It doesn't work with traps or Warg. Strictly bow skills only. You will have a horrible time leveling with that skill build too!

i dont think he will ever atk with the build. Its a pure meatshield sort of character. Meant for partying purpose only.

#27 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

wouldnt a triple silence mailbreaker work well? Since most players in WoE rely on skills for damage it would be a pretty awsome tool

and isn`t warg strike neutral...wouldn`t immune garments effect it

Edited by TheKraven, 02 January 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#28 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

wouldnt a triple silence mailbreaker for well? Since most players in WoE rely on skills for damage it would be a pretty awsome tool

silence is actually the best status to inflict in WOE. The problem is it can be reduced by high vit, int or luk. Players usually have one of these stats for sure. Also valkyrian armor grants 50% less chances of silence. So inflicting silence even with 7 atks per second is kinda difficult

#29 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

i dont think he will ever atk with the build. Its a pure meatshield sort of character. Meant for partying purpose only.

I see you don't even understand the build. =/ If it was a meatshield char there are plenty of better classes. <.< She is trying to mix her White Wing set build with the black wing one for more survivability but I don't agree with her choice of relying on a ~1% chance of getting 193 ASPD to kill among other things.

Edit:

silence is actually the best status to inflict in WOE. The problem is it can be reduced by high vit, int or luk. Players usually have one of these stats for sure. Also valkyrian armor grants 50% less chances of silence. So inflicting silence even with 7 atks per second is kinda difficult

You need to update yourself with renewal mechanics... Also any good WoE participant would be carring Green Pots. <.<

Edited by Clogon, 02 January 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#30 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

So what is the best status to inflict in WoE or should one just stick with a combat knife...

#31 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

So what is the best status to inflict in WoE or should one just stick with a combat knife...

mix it up

#32 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

I see you don't even understand the build. =/ If it was a meatshield char there are plenty of better classes. <.< She is trying to mix her White Wing set build with the black wing one for more survivability but I don't agree with her choice of relying on a ~1% chance of getting 193 ASPD to kill among other things.

Edit:

You need to update yourself with renewal mechanics... Also any good WoE participant would be carring Green Pots. <.<

no need to get all riled up mate. I understood the build very well. If u see properly, she is trying to reach 60+ dodge which happens to be good to tank mobs. At the same time she is trying to increase her max hp. Which again helps u tank mob. Then again in the description she adds that its a tank sort of character.
Thats why i used the word meatshield. I know it wasn't the most proper term, but i take it u can understand

Edit :-
i know that players carry green pots. He also knows :-)
i was suggesting him a few of the other reasons not to go for silence.

Edited by coolnix, 02 January 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#33 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

I guess the Pdodge/Tanker build is a working progress. I only tried it with a Morrigane Set, so I don't have any idea how it's really gonna work out. xD'

I can remove Camouflage and put it on Fire Trap I guess. I thought it worked for Warg skills.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 02 January 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#34 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

HAH it's been know in game for a long long time that you can Pdodge gfist... or are you gonna tell me that the monk must have accidentally misclicked on the empty cells all around me 3 times? OH I know he must have misclicked on his own guildmate that I was busy killing and somehow the fist animation just happened to land on me.... :thumb:

Pics or it never happened. GFist could only be blocked, never dodged. Weren't you the guy who was claiming normal flee could dodge GFist ages ago?

#35 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Pics or it never happened. GFist could only be blocked, never dodged. Weren't you the guy who was claiming normal flee could dodge GFist ages ago?

Hahaha. Is that true?

#36 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Well the thing is there are better meat shields. Yes, she is can try to tank and survive the mob but she has no way of killing them, help her party kill them or keep the mob on her due to no reflect. She doesn't even have firing to help Jack Frosting WL's. Both her skill and stat build is meant for Single target action. With the boosted survivability, she can survive the mob but with nothing to keep the mob on her/kill it, they would just switch their attention to the party. She doesn't even have Warg Dash for perma endure to be even better at surviving and luring the mob. With her massive movement speed, this will happen a lot. I just can't agree with her choice of recommending this skill build with P.Dodge.

#37 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

Well excuse me for getting confused between the Pdodge and flee... on something that was 5+ years ago.

And you still don't know game mechanics I guess,why don't you go a a -1 fest again... oh wait you can't :thumb:

@CG Have you actually tried any of these builds? They might suck in WoE because of no STR to add to your weapons ATK. If I 'm not mistaken WS is considered ranged ( blocked by pnuema isn't it? ) so would get the extra penalties in WoE so you would want as much extra ATK on top of your warg teeth as you can get.

Assuming that is your build at 150 it might be an idea to try dropping all / most of your DEX and putting it into STR and relying on your crits to hit ( should be a decent crit rate ) for card procs.

#38 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

Well the thing is there are better meat shields. Yes, she is can try to tank and survive the mob but she has no way of killing them, help her party kill them or keep the mob on her due to no reflect. She doesn't even have firing to help Jack Frosting WL's. Both her skill and stat build is meant for Single target action. With the boosted survivability, she can survive the mob but with nothing to keep the mob on her/kill it, they would just switch their attention to the party. She doesn't even have Warg Dash for perma endure to be even better at surviving and luring the mob. With her massive movement speed, this will happen a lot. I just can't agree with her choice of recommending this skill build with P.Dodge.

i agree. The build is very weak. Its not meant for PvP or WOE for the single reason that nobody does melee atk there.

But the scenario can change in PvM.

Possible modifications :-
1) less agi and more int and dex.
2) increased wt limit
3) magenta or maze trap
4) lots of stones as catalysts
5) fire or ice trap
6) warg dash

the ability to play with elements can be devastating in PvM, as u and the party warlock can make maximum out of this.

Edited by coolnix, 02 January 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#39 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

i agree. The build is very weak. Its not meant for PvP or WOE for the single reason that nobody does melee atk there.

But the scenario can change in PvM.

Possible modifications :-
1) less agi and more int and dex.
2) increased wt limit
3) magenta or maze trap
4) lots of stones as catalysts
5) fire or ice trap
6) warg dash

the ability to play with elements can be devastating in PvM, as u and the party warlock can make maximum out of this.

Unfortunately the Magenta and Maze trap don't work on players. :thumb:

Hmmm how does going old school and using Falcon with a Ranger? lol xD

#40 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

Unfortunately the Magenta and Maze trap don't work on players. :thumb:

Hmmm how does going old school and using Falcon with a Ranger? lol xD

hey i suggested that for PvM

#41 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

See the dilema is equiping a shield automatically lowers your aspd by 5!!! is having the shield worth losing 5 aspd? That`s the problem here...

So it is IMPOSSIBLE to attain 193 aspd with a shield as a Ranger UNLESS you have rediculous enchants and a card to boost aspd on your weapon

Edited by TheKraven, 04 January 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#42 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

if aspd lower than 193, then its fail

#43 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

damn! I want a DD ranger :-(

#44 ladycrimrose

ladycrimrose

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:55 AM

cerulean how much damage u did with i ce trap at lvl 150?

#45 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

cerulean how much damage u did with i ce trap at lvl 150?

Since I don't have INT or decent DEX on my build, about 3k damage. Not really that strong. You want it for the effects anyways.

With the White Wing Set, I get 191 ASPD with uncarded White Wing gears and no shield. With Odium and Ancient Mimic I should hit 193 ASPD no problem. This is with 105 Base Agi, Ranger buffs, Cantocandidus, Enriched Celermine Juice, and +20 Food

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 06 January 2012 - 12:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users