Forum permission oddities - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Forum permission oddities

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

I don't know if this happened because I reached the next group / label of "amateur blogger" but I have extra hover actions in the general chat forum. Namely the "delete topic" and "rename topic" hover actions got added since last night. I do NOT have these hover actions on any of the other forums or sub forums, just the standard "preview topic" action. I also have no permissions to edit posts and my name is the same color leading me to believe the forum permissions got messed up a bit again.

Posted Image

I would appreciate it if one of our community mods could have someone look into this. Either that or confirm that it is "working as intended" from reaching certain post counts :thumb:

#2 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

I had it too... yesterday, but it's gone now.
I was able to close my own topic at one point, but people had a hissy fit when I did it so...
Lol these forums are weird.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Those buttons have always been there for me, they just didn't do anything. =/ One of the CMs can look into it when they're back in the office Monday or Tuesday.

#4 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

There is something wrong with the forums right now, notifications aren't working, you can't upload a new profile photo...just plain weird.

#5 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

There is something wrong with the forums right now, notifications aren't working, you can't upload a new profile photo...just plain weird.

Yeah... I was hoping the photo thing would be working today :\
I do not like the default image at all =(

#6 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

I think self-delete and self-close are both linked to a post count rank, the idea being that if you've made that many posts without getting banned, you're probably capable of using those functions responsibly. It also helps the mods, as things like lag-induced double posts can simply be purged by the poster.

As for rights disappearing, I think the server is just plain having issues atm.

#7 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hmm, well whatever it was I don't have the extra buttons anymore... at least on community chat. I haven't checked any of the subforums or other forums.

@Mwrip
Those were not my threads, the buttons appeared on all the threads, even the ones Hiem started and pinned. I didn't try them because if they DID work I would get banned for bug abuse or something :thumb:

@Inu

What notifications are not working? I get notifications about post in subscribed threads. The only annoying thing is the notification list resets itself after ### of notifications and you lose half of the new ones since your last visit.

#8 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

@Inu

What notifications are not working? I get notifications about post in subscribed threads. The only annoying thing is the notification list resets itself after ### of notifications and you lose half of the new ones since your last visit.

I don't get email notifications of a PM, Reported Post/Topic, Status Updates I've commented on, etc, etc. :thumb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users