Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

This is strictly PvM btw.

Build 1

http://irowiki.org/~...flakDkAdnhqmucY

Focuses on getting all summons and insignias. Fire Insignia is lvl 2 since we don't have offensive fire spell outside of bolt and fire ball.

Build 2

http://irowiki.org/~...slakDhndnhccHcY

Sacrifices insignias a bit and Magnetic Earth. Gets Killing Cloud skill max.

Uses of Extreme Vacuum? The fact that cant be used in dungeons turns me away.

How often later in the game will I be finding myself using lvl 2/3 insignias? They look very nice but I never seen them mentioned in the game.

Thoughts on Poison Burst? It seems it's not AoE so that turns me away xd

Killing Cloud looked useful in endgame since looking at the database I saw lvl120+ mobs with 40-60K hp I think. So I thought I could stack with with PW and others.

I also thought of ignoring insignias, leaving all summons at lvl 2 and focus on the atk spells. But then I feel like I'm missing out on good stuff xd

How valuable are insignias lvl 2 and 3 in party play? I really want to know it the magic boosts from lvl 3 are worth the investment.

Thanks if anyone takes the time to read through this xD

#2 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

First I need to ask exactly what do you want to do with your sorc and what kind stat build are you after?
Do you have any place in particular you want to go?

Poison burst is kinda poopy.
Killing cloud is rather slow DPS.

Insignias are most useful in MvP and PvP. Most monsters you meet in pvm don't live long enough to warrant an
insignias assistance.

Please answer where you want to take your sorc on its pvm adventures then I can recommend something appropriate.

#3 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

First I need to ask exactly what do you want to do with your sorc and what kind stat build are you after?
Do you have any place in particular you want to go?

Poison burst is kinda poopy.
Killing cloud is rather slow DPS.

Insignias are most useful in MvP and PvP. Most monsters you meet in pvm don't live long enough to warrant an
insignias assistance.

Please answer where you want to take your sorc on its pvm adventures then I can recommend something appropriate.

I never thought about it all thoroughly. I've always been kind of going with the flow. Pew Pew as Sage, Support/Battery as Scholar, and now I just wanted to nuke everything. Which is why both build have most aoes maxed in the sorc branch. My build so far is just typical mage really xd Full Int/High Dex/High Vit. I guess I always wanted to do kind of both good offense+good support. I thought that as many AoEs + as insignias would be good for me and for party. As well as making me a jack of all trades who can go anywhere. I once heard end-game mobs hit hard as hell. Then again not everyone has the money for elemented armor to take advantage of lvl 2 insignias. I dont. x3 (20M at lvl 102 woot!) And boosting magic through lvl3 sounds good too x3 IDK about much about many areas so I really dont have answer of where I want to go xd. Sorry my response wasnt very useful XD

#4 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

Personally, (this is going based off of your 2nd skill set) I would take out heavens drive and killing cloud. I used to have killing cloud and I usually would never even use it. Now for the summons and insignias. I wouldn't suggest insignias for PvM, but they can be useful at times, so you can decide on those~. If you don't plan on getting the Earth Insignia, I wouldn't even bother with Call Tera. You'll rarely see a Sorcerer with one because they're not as useful as the other summons. And if you plan on using the summons in parties or leveling, I would consider putting points on spirit sympathy and spirit cure. The cost to summon the summons stacks up eventually, and you would probably want them to last longer. My level 2 Agni had troubles surviving Scaraba Hall when I used him w/out Spirit Sympathy. Also Magnetic Earth is your choice. You might not use it that much unless you PvP/MvP, but my guild does expect me sometimes to use it in ET ^_^. I hope this helps you :thumb:

#5 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

So lets help you get at what you really need from your sorc.

Step one:
We know you want AOEs and crave nice DPS.

So pick Pwave + another AOE you would like to use and we'll discuss the pros and cons of maxing out that particular spell.

Step two:
You seem pretty sure you want summons and insigna. So pick 2 summons you want and we'll discuss that too.

After this, we can discuss what support spells best compliment your summons and AOES
and properly fill out the rest of those skill points.

Edited by TheSquishy, 02 January 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#6 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

Personally, (this is going based off of your 2nd skill set) I would take out heavens drive and killing cloud. I used to have killing cloud and I usually would never even use it. Now for the summons and insignias. I wouldn't suggest insignias for PvM, but they can be useful at times, so you can decide on those~. If you don't plan on getting the Earth Insignia, I wouldn't even bother with Call Tera. You'll rarely see a Sorcerer with one because they're not as useful as the other summons. And if you plan on using the summons in parties or leveling, I would consider putting points on spirit sympathy and spirit cure. The cost to summon the summons stacks up eventually, and you would probably want them to last longer. My level 2 Agni had troubles surviving Scaraba Hall when I used him w/out Spirit Sympathy. Also Magnetic Earth is your choice. You might not use it that much unless you PvP/MvP, but my guild does expect me sometimes to use it in ET ^_^. I hope this helps you :thumb:

Thanks for the input. What's ET? xd I heard bad things about Spirit Sympathy. I was thinking of mostly using te summons in passive mode. Would they get targeted a lot if I do?

So lets help you get at what you really need from your sorc.

Step one:
We know you want AOEs and crave nice DPS.

So pick Pwave + another AOE you would like to use and we'll discuss the pros and cons of maxing out that particular spell.

Step two:
You seem pretty sure you want summons and insigna. So pick 2 summons you want and we'll discuss that too.

After this, we can discuss what support spells best compliment your summons and AOES
and properly fill out the rest of those skill points.

I'm 103/12 atm. LOL Lvling is slow but I'm not complaining. x3

1. I have maxed PW and Diamond Dust. I like DD, it's just too bad the status effect doesnt do anything on monsters. I just got lvl 1 Varetyr Spear and seems very meh atm. To be honest I never cared for Earth magic but Earth Grave's 9x9 sounds promising. If I had to pick one right ow it would be DD, though I thought of getting at least 2 aoes aside from PW.

2. Summons I was thinking mostly Aqua and its magic bonus. Then Agni to make PW Fire and for better Warmer effect. Ventus faster cast time was another good one. I mostly wanted to get Tera to have all of them and cause I liked how it looked. My most wanted one is Aqua. I do like the idea of having all three (Aqua/Agni/Ventus) xD.

Thanks for your help both x3 I'm gonna reset my stats and skills tonight before the free reset guy goes away.

Edited by Jizasu, 02 January 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#7 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

So you like Diamond Dust and you like Aqua, great this is a wonderful place to start.

First of all make sure you have Endow Tsunami maxed. It greatly increases you Diamond Dust damage.

You will find aqua and agni useful throughout your pvm experience all the way up to 150. Ventus is for those
who want to try to reach insta-cast.

For Varetyr Spear, if doesn't work the way most spells do. It factors in level of Endow Tornado and your ATK.
So things that boost ATK, like having STR or casting Striking on yourself, significantly improves the damage.

If you see your self being really into summons, you may want to remember that their survivability comes mostly
from flee, and that flee is based on the current flee of the sorc at the time of summoning. I believe they have +100 to whatever flee the summoner has (I could be wrong).
I do know a pure summoner who gave up a bit of dex and vit for 80 agi and greatly improved summon survivability.
Terra isn't terribly useful because there aren't enough mobs weak to earth and its defense and hp bonus is better
achieved with gear. but if you want cuz you think it's cute, go for it. That was my reason for choosing aqua as
my first summon.

#8 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

So you like Diamond Dust and you like Aqua, great this is a wonderful place to start.

First of all make sure you have Endow Tsunami maxed. It greatly increases you Diamond Dust damage.

You will find aqua and agni useful throughout your pvm experience all the way up to 150. Ventus is for those
who want to try to reach insta-cast.

For Varetyr Spear, if doesn't work the way most spells do. It factors in level of Endow Tornado and your ATK.
So things that boost ATK, like having STR or casting Striking on yourself, significantly improves the damage.

If you see your self being really into summons, you may want to remember that their survivability comes mostly
from flee, and that flee is based on the current flee of the sorc at the time of summoning. I believe they have +100 to whatever flee the summoner has (I could be wrong).
I do know a pure summoner who gave up a bit of dex and vit for 80 agi and greatly improved summon survivability.
Terra isn't terribly useful because there aren't enough mobs weak to earth and its defense and hp bonus is better
achieved with gear. but if you want cuz you think it's cute, go for it. That was my reason for choosing aqua as
my first summon.

I see, thanks I believe I know what i want to do now x3

This is what I'm thinking of atm: http://irowiki.org/~...slakDaNeakDcHcY

Also thinking of getting 77+3 Agi. I don't want summons to die easily x3 I didn't know of the summon's flee is dependent on your own.

Edit: Thoughts on Extreme Vacuum on PvM? I put 3 points on Spirit Sympathy 'cause I didn't know where else t put 'em xd

Edited by Jizasu, 03 January 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#9 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hmm...

Extreme Vacuum is disabled in a lot of dungeons so a pvm sorcerer doesn't get much use out of it.

Get Spirit Cure. Spirit Sympathy isn't terribly helpful.
But you still have some spare points left over.

NOTE: Level 3 insignias don't give as big a damage boost as they should. They actually only add a fixed amount
of damage. You can do without having them all at level 3 if you want. Level 2 is the best one anyways. That would free
up a few skill points to try other things.

Also you don't particularly need sp recovery. Indulge and a heal clip is all you will ever need for sp on a pvm sorcerer.

Once your summons can flee decently enough to tank mobs of 3-5 monsters, there are a lot of adventures to be had.
Especially since the quick solution to your summon taking too much damage from a mob is to blinding mist around it.

#10 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

ET is endless tower, I guess its like MvP, but I just do it for the lolz :thumb:. I like your new skill build, but I personally would take out Striking and max Earth Grave instead. Earth Grave isn't the best damage maker, but I really do love it :(. It has average damage, but very quick cast time, which makes it very useful in tough positions or when DD and PW are on cooldown.

And haha! Its kinda funny because I was in your position too :(. I thought Earth Grave was bad so I decided to leave it out, but when I reset I decided to get it and I loved it :D!

#11 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

Earth grave no longer has the super speedy cast time. It was changed with balance patch.

Whether you take earth grave or striking is a matter of personal choice. Both are useful.

#12 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hmm...

Extreme Vacuum is disabled in a lot of dungeons so a pvm sorcerer doesn't get much use out of it.

Get Spirit Cure. Spirit Sympathy isn't terribly helpful.
But you still have some spare points left over.

NOTE: Level 3 insignias don't give as big a damage boost as they should. They actually only add a fixed amount
of damage. You can do without having them all at level 3 if you want. Level 2 is the best one anyways. That would free
up a few skill points to try other things.

Also you don't particularly need sp recovery. Indulge and a heal clip is all you will ever need for sp on a pvm sorcerer.

Once your summons can flee decently enough to tank mobs of 3-5 monsters, there are a lot of adventures to be had.
Especially since the quick solution to your summon taking too much damage from a mob is to blinding mist around it.

Got the SP recovery 'cause I dont really care for mage skills. I use Safety Wall instead of FW. xd I have 4 pts left. I guess I'll make my mind up when the time comes where to use them xD

http://irowiki.org/~...slakDaNdBhccHcY

#13 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

Earth grave no longer has the super speedy cast time. It was changed with balance patch.

Whether you take earth grave or striking is a matter of personal choice. Both are useful.

LOL~! I just realized that xD! Its funny because Diamond Dust is faster than Earth Grave for me now~

#14 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Just wondering on thoughts for the ATK bonus of Spirit Sympathy:

I'll either max that or killing cloud. If you need to see the specifics:

http://irowiki.org/~...slakDaNdBhccHcY

OR

http://irowiki.org/~...slakDaOeBhccHcY

I'm leaning towards KC but really wonder if the ATK bonus from SS matters even though I believe I'll be using Lvl2 summons on passive mode. But just in case I make them fight. x3

Edited by Jizasu, 03 January 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

Don't get Killing Cloud for pvm purposes. The DPS is very low for all intents and purposes.

Spirit Sympathy is more towards when you plan to use Lv3 Spirit Control melee auto attacks with your Summons. For this purpose, it is highly recommended that your Summons be Lv3 ones. 193aspd Summons is a lot of fun to see and is quite useful when your Sorcerer has a lot of Agi and Flee.

#16 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Don't get Killing Cloud for pvm purposes. The DPS is very low for all intents and purposes.

Spirit Sympathy is more towards when you plan to use Lv3 Spirit Control melee auto attacks with your Summons. For this purpose, it is highly recommended that your Summons be Lv3 ones. 193aspd Summons is a lot of fun to see and is quite useful when your Sorcerer has a lot of Agi and Flee.

Hmm well it's that I saw a vid not long ago someone using KC was doing 1K damage per hit. That and the aoes he used numbers were flying fast and looked very promising. He wasn't max lvl yet but chances are he had the skill maxed. The wiki says 3 hits per second and when I saw the vid it just looked very nice. He did use Lvl2 Tera to boos the damage if I remember right.

#17 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

Hmm well it's that I saw a vid not long ago someone using KC was doing 1K damage per hit. That and the aoes he used numbers were flying fast and looked very promising. He wasn't max lvl yet but chances are he had the skill maxed. The wiki says 3 hits per second and when I saw the vid it just looked very nice. He did use Lvl2 Tera to boos the damage if I remember right.

I suppose it'd be decent with Tera. Though you'd have to consider the cost per Killing Cloud. You can only carry so many gems, potions, and summoning ingredients.

#18 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

I suppose it'd be decent with Tera. Though you'd have to consider the cost per Killing Cloud. You can only carry so many gems, potions, and summoning ingredients.

Agreed. Though I havent use potions since I managed to find a cheap heal clip long ago. lol Though the weight of everything else would sill stack pretty fast I imagine.

#19 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

Agreed. Though I havent use potions since I managed to find a cheap heal clip long ago. lol Though the weight of everything else would sill stack pretty fast I imagine.

Most of the time I'd walk around with at least 80% of my weight on my Sorc when I'm going to places like Endless Tower. This includes Insignia Points, different summoning items, Gems(Blue and Yellow), Potions, as well as multiple armors and weapons, etc. This is not including Red Gems. Though it's fat white potions we're talking about here that take up most of the weight. It's 2 Red Gems per cast of Killing Cloud. If you want it to last a good half an hour, you'd need to carry at least 100 Red Gems for a mere 50 casts of Killing Cloud.

When all is said and done, a simple Heal Clip is not going to save you from a mob when you get into a serious situation such as MVP'ing or leveling on a high spawn end-game map.

#20 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Most of the time I'd walk around with at least 80% of my weight on my Sorc when I'm going to places like Endless Tower. This includes Insignia Points, different summoning items, Gems(Blue and Yellow), Potions, as well as multiple armors and weapons, etc. This is not including Red Gems. Though it's fat white potions we're talking about here that take up most of the weight. It's 2 Red Gems per cast of Killing Cloud. If you want it to last a good half an hour, you'd need to carry at least 100 Red Gems for a mere 50 casts of Killing Cloud.

When all is said and done, a simple Heal Clip is not going to save you from a mob when you get into a serious situation such as MVP'ing or leveling on a high spawn end-game map.

Yes I was thinking about the stone usage for KC before I fell asleep last night and realized how many gems I would have to carry just to cast it in one grinding session. As you say, it would be 100 for 50 casts which could last like 30 minutes mid grind. lol So now I'm not gonna get it, even though I really liked it xd I have a brew biochemist in the works so if I have to, I can make some slims later on.

#21 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

About KC,

I kinda like KC. But it isn't really a must have thing but it is a lot of fun to play around with.

Fast Cast
Stays on the ground a long time so you can cast 2 or 3 AOEs on top of it for continuous damage.
Damage isn't bad. Cumulatively, it does more damage than maxed out diamond dust and earth grave.
Will give you a fair bit of lulz in PvP and WoE.

The gem requirement is a huge drag though. But most poison spells require a catalyst. Devs pick the strangest times
to be consistent.

About Supplies,

Learning to GTFO out of the way, is an art form. Sometime you can't afford pots, or
you run out in the middle of extended outing where going back to restock is not
an option. Always remember to linger in the back of party and take full advantage
of your cast range.

When you are out soloing, always try to keep your HP full with warmer. It's free
and it no longer has that impossibly long delay.

Edited by TheSquishy, 04 January 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#22 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

About KC,

I kinda like KC. But it isn't really a must have thing but it is a lot of fun to play around with.

Fast Cast
Stays on the ground a long time so you can cast 2 or 3 AOEs on top of it for continuous damage.
Damage isn't bad. Cumulatively, it does more damage than maxed out diamond dust and earth grave.
Will give you a fair bit of lulz in PvP and WoE.

The gem requirement is a huge drag though. But most poison spells require a catalyst. Devs pick the strangest times
to be consistent.

About Supplies,

Learning to GTFO out of the way, is an art form. Sometime you can't afford pots, or
you run out in the middle of extended outing where going back to restock is not
an option. Always remember to linger in the back of party and take full advantage
of your cast range.

When you are out soloing, always try to keep your HP full with warmer. It's free
and it no longer has that impossibly long delay.

I see x3 To be honest if I ever reach 140+ with a good amount of job lvls and a free new complete reset NPC appears I might use it to play around with KC. I decided not to get it at least for now since looking at the possible formula from the wiki (MATK% per hit = [Skill Level * 40 * BaseLv/100]) it looks like it would be best when the skill maxed out and I have high base lvl. Since I'm maxing other skills and lvling without any manuals neither would happen anytime soon. So I decided not to get it. Plus the 2 gem usage is a drag like you said. xd

BTW whatw ill I reach first? Lvl 150 or Jlvl 50?

Edited by Jizasu, 05 January 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#23 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

BTW whatw ill I reach first? Lvl 150 or Jlvl 50?

Lv150 far before you get to job50.

#24 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

It is my recommendation to everything in your power to reach job 50 first.

Job xp is way harder to acquire on high level mobs. Take advantage of the fact that sorc are essential party members
and as long as you don't suck, people will still party with you anywhere.

#25 Jizasu

Jizasu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

It is my recommendation to everything in your power to reach job 50 first.

Job xp is way harder to acquire on high level mobs. Take advantage of the fact that sorc are essential party members
and as long as you don't suck, people will still party with you anywhere.

Other than getting those Job Manuals from Eden, I wouldn't know what else I could do to prioritize JExp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users