11 replies to this topic

#1 Rofllollmao

Rofllollmao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

What are your tactics against twins?
I don't really know their skills, all I know is they dodge most of my launches and their twin takes me from 100% to 40% in one combo.
Even when you get your Net/Freeze/Telsa their twin can kick your ass.
Also, they're incredibly fast making launching them even harder.

On another topic, do you run Multishot? And what level Book/Acid do you have?

#2 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:decard

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Unless you're playing Zeela, all you have to do is keep distance, wait for fusion, then stand in your traps and watch them ghostfighther them self into all your traps while you net them. Unless you're playing Zeela, more often than not twins are pressured enough if you chase them down to waste both weaves allowing easy launches/catches. A lot of playing a twin is understanding not how your class works, but theirs (kind of applies to all the classes). First thing you should learn is, the twin is never disabled and can always attack you, whether the main fighter is silenced, frozen, or even if you kill them off with book's dot and the round glitches; they can still attack. Also, avoid getting hit by any twin skills, as they can all stun you. And for the love of god avoid power fist; the stun duration is ridiculous. Pretty much all of their attacks are linear so you'll want to keep that in mind when you position yourself. If a twin is faster than you, it may feel wrong, but do not pursue them. Movespeed built characters should win all the time if a slower opponent is pursuing them. So what you should do, is play defensively. Not exactly standing your ground, but not letting the twin control the flow of the fight. Like 1v1ing any class, knowing what the opponent can and can't do in any given situation is how you approach them; and after that, you focus more on the player's individual habits (Unless you're playing Zeela, she's too smart to fall for the same thing more than once; assuming she even falls for anything).

As for book and acid: I'd reccomend at least level 3 so you can hit grounded targets. Multishot needs to be level 5 for maximum amount of arrows. Personally, I have level 5 acid, level 5 book, and level 10 multishot.

#3 Rofllollmao

Rofllollmao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hah, that's my problem. I have no knowledge of the twin class. Their stun I've seen, is easily avoidable. When I saw the animation I just threw down Telsa and hid inside it.
Are you running 0 Hallucination and 1 Ice Shower as well?

#4 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

I have lv5 ice shower and 0 hallucination (I've always hated evade). And I would never ice shower in a 1v1 with twin. It's a risky enough move as is and against an opponent you can't completely disable, and I would never assume it would be safe to use this against a fighter.

And having no knowledge is fine. Everyone has to start from somewhere right?

#5 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

I have lv5 ice shower and 0 hallucination (I've always hated evade). And I would never ice shower in a 1v1 with twin. It's a risky enough move as is and against an opponent you can't completely disable, and I would never assume it would be safe to use this against a fighter.

And having no knowledge is fine. Everyone has to start from somewhere right?

I don't think it's even possible to land Ice shower on a twin. Since they can still weave while netted and move while frozen.

#6 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Oh it's possible, just not probable.

#7 Rofllollmao

Rofllollmao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Also, could you explain the process of getting skills past level 5. I know it deals with cards, but how exactly does it work? In particular Multishot. Also, what level are your AASs? Are any other skills worth getting past level 5?

#8 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

My AAS is at 3/5 but that's only because I have a lot of SP from skill forges. I left it at 1/5 for a long time.

#9 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

You don't have to get anything past level 5. I only got multishot past 5 for personal reasons.

#10 Rofllollmao

Rofllollmao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

I understand, I'd just like to know the process.

#11 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

Go to the master archer, blend two of the same grade card (monster ins protects against breaking).
2 cards normal - level 6
4 cards advanced - level 7
8 cards special - level 8
16 cards artifact - level 9
32 cards legend - level 10

You need to mix two of the same grade card to move on to the next one. So it should be easy to figure out

#12 Rofllollmao

Rofllollmao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Oof, sounds costly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users