#1 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

Ok, as we all know, we have free resets due balance patch implementation. Mesmerist was removed (in my case I never used it's free reset, nor the provisional reset NPC), and it was a good help for people who messed up their chars or just wanted to change their build from a leveling build to a WoE/PvP build.

What will happen now?

We need to know BEFORE maintenance (and reset NPC removal) so we can plan our final build after all these tests and our future new chars properly.

thanks.

EDIT: What will happen to sakray test server? is it possible for you to leave it active permanently for continuous testing purposes?

Edited by JStoneheart, 02 January 2012 - 03:55 AM.

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

What happens when I reset more than 20 times? Will I have to pay 20+ reset stones every after reset? :thumb:

#3 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

This is important in case any of the "request" topics has an actual result...

#4 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWhy are you lookin here o.O stalker
  • Server:All 3, maybe I quit?

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

What happens when I reset more than 20 times? Will I have to pay 20+ reset stones every after reset? :thumb:

If you have to use the reset more than 20 times then you have a serious problem o.o;; i know its a hypothetical question but someone needing that many resets is just...fail maybe 1-4 to ply with the skills. but daym 20 o.O epic fails...

#5 Randalf

Randalf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

If you have to use the reset more than 20 times then you have a serious problem o.o;; i know its a hypothetical question but someone needing that many resets is just...fail maybe 1-4 to ply with the skills. but daym 20 o.O epic fails...

God forbid someone like swapping builds more than once in their character's life.

#6 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

You know there is still the kafra shop option which is neutralizer (400p = ~4 reset stones) + stat reset is uh, max 7 reset stones i think?

Also as much as i'd like the NPC to hang around so i can respec my build later on, Thats not what it's there for its purpose is to help adjust your chars to the balance patch which is a small but significant difference. It's not something to be saved for a rainy day, its designed to be used immediately (more or less).

I do think 3rd is too soon though as a lot of the more mature RO audience are probably on vacation etc and will miss it entirely. I'd say first March maint would be appropriate.

#7 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWhy are you lookin here o.O stalker
  • Server:All 3, maybe I quit?

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

I dont think anyone will be playing this long enough to get that far :thumb: the balance patch really effed things up. It rarely affects me cause thank god >.> all my chars are party based and the party classes usually dont get screwed over priest, wiz dancer scholar and other supports for example. Non the less, point is its going downhill...hopefully it is like the stock market and will rise again at some point but till then >.> im sure a few will either quit till things are better or just leave entirely...

#8 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

ID assume, that the npc will in fact stay
That depending on your level that the max amount of reset stones used will equate to your level and not how many times you reset.

as for the increasing amount of stones required... well id also assume one day that will disappear and you'll have a free reset (if u haven't used it) then it will require so many (depending on your level)

Personally i think reset npc shouldnt be ingame... but hey wtf do i know right...
i build chars, i dont level them then reset

Edited by IronFist, 02 January 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#9 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

I would like to know this as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users