Uhm whats a PVM ranger build? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Uhm whats a PVM ranger build?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

As my topic says I have really no idea i'v never been a 3'd class and I don't know what to get stats or even skill wise first

Lastly I got myself a neutralizer and reset all my skills.. It's probably useless to get the felcon skills and stuff right?

I mean you need the trap pre reqs and falcon eyes aswell as WW etc...

SOOO anyone know anything about rangers? D:

#2 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=65973

http://forums.warppo...9-archer-class/

There are quite a bit of ppl here to help you. I don't recommend you to follow the iki page yet though as it hasn't been updated.

#3 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

mmmmm I didn't really find any solid answers, I wish some of the people who were epic at rangers would make some threads

#4 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

The new meta is to go with camouflage and arrow storm; those two skills are all you need to level - Arrow storm can ohko most things and has a crazy large aoe, camouflage will let you stealth in pvm, give you a huge atk bonus, and you can arrow storm while camouflaged. You'll have to judge when to camouflage to optimize your own levelling, as you're going to want mobs baited to gather up for arrow storm sometimes, but will not want to get hit at the same time. You're going to want at least 100 dex and an elven bow. The rest is your choice; agi to dodge and transition to camouflage more easily or int/vit for cheaper upkeep costs and faster cast. I'd recommend int, but you'd probably hate it. You can get an orlean's gown/phen if you're having troubles with camouflage.

http://irowiki.org/~...b2n1cAcBlk91In1
Those are all the essentials you'll need, get whatever else you'd want.

#5 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

The new meta is to go with camouflage and arrow storm; those two skills are all you need to level - Arrow storm can ohko most things and has a crazy large aoe, camouflage will let you stealth in pvm, give you a huge atk bonus, and you can arrow storm while camouflaged. You'll have to judge when to camouflage to optimize your own levelling, as you're going to want mobs baited to gather up for arrow storm sometimes, but will not want to get hit at the same time. You're going to want at least 100 dex and an elven bow. The rest is your choice; agi to dodge and transition to camouflage more easily or int/vit for cheaper upkeep costs and faster cast. I'd recommend int, but you'd probably hate it. You can get an orlean's gown/phen if you're having troubles with camouflage.

http://irowiki.org/~...b2n1cAcBlk91In1
Those are all the essentials you'll need, get whatever else you'd want.

Awesome so it sounds like i'm doing fine :thumb: Cept I don't know where to get more stats in D:

I have
99 dex
95 agi
35 int

all I really do is the TI's because I have no idea where to grind solo :/

If I were solo i'd have to go for 193 aspd and stuff I believe

#6 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

I am a hybrid ranger, I use Camo, Arrowstorm, ftrap ftrap, repeat. Firetrap is more damage then ctrl clicking even though it does less damage then it used too. If you're really skilled with the hotkeys, You can hotkey your bow and quad mali dagger and camo switch to bow arrow storm switch to dagger trap trap repeat. It might seem like a lot but once you get the rythm its easy and effective. I've wow'd a few rangers with it. :thumb:

The plus to this build: If you can do the hotkey weapon switching then you save a lot on pots.

The down: The price of arrows and traps can add up, especially if you can't hotkey weapon switch.

Another edit!!: Dex and int affect traps. Dex effects arrow storm. Int effects how much sp regeneration and the sp pool you have for using the skills, and vit is wonderful so you can survive in the case of camo failure (aka bugs and stuff seein ya... Hazy maze.. hurrr... :b )

For this kinda constant sp using build I suggest either a rideword hat or a nid garb to keep your sp pool healthy without needing to spam a ton of blue pots.. or other alternatives. :(

Edited by Fluffylovr, 03 January 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#7 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

I am a hybrid ranger, I use Camo, Arrowstorm, ftrap ftrap, repeat. Firetrap is more damage then ctrl clicking even though it does less damage then it used too. If you're really skilled with the hotkeys, You can hotkey your bow and quad mali dagger and camo switch to bow arrow storm switch to dagger trap trap repeat. It might seem like a lot but once you get the rythm its easy and effective. I've wow'd a few rangers with it. :thumb:

The plus to this build: If you can do the hotkey weapon switching then you save a lot on pots.

The down: The price of arrows and traps can add up, especially if you can't hotkey weapon switch.

Another edit!!: Dex and int affect traps. Dex effects arrow storm. Int effects how much sp regeneration and the sp pool you have for using the skills, and vit is wonderful so you can survive in the case of camo failure (aka bugs and stuff seein ya... Hazy maze.. hurrr... :b )

For this kinda constant sp using build I suggest either a rideword hat or a nid garb to keep your sp pool healthy without needing to spam a ton of blue pots.. or other alternatives. :(

That seems like a WoE build O.o? I'm just looking for a pure "get through leveling fast as possible build" XD

One that is solo friendly and able to do groups well

#8 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

That seems like a WoE build O.o? I'm just looking for a pure "get through leveling fast as possible build" XD

One that is solo friendly and able to do groups well

i dont woe, so trust me, its definately not.. :thumb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users